What's new

2010...1st grow...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man...I couldn't tell you the pH to save my life. I honestly wouldn't EXPECT lock out simply because it is a fully organic mix that has plenty of lime. I would expect it to buffer out. I water with pure RO....perhaps, as some suggest, I should attempt to mix it with like 30% tap to help it stay at a more stable pH...????

I am certain that light leaks are not the problem...

The time thing bothers me...simply because, the thread in my sig...2009...those plants NEVER really filled out...or performed...all on my part...but I was beating my head into the wall trying to figure out why things weren't performing. About week 6 into flowering, I added more fans into cabinet. I had to unplug a few things....and was certain that everything went back where it came from. The plants stopped filling out, started getting leafier, stretching...I ignored it. Mostly b/c they were soooooooo N deprived I gave them a small shot of N guano like at 4 wks...I know, but they would have NEVER made it through flowering. So I just attributed this change to the late introduction of N. Well, they never really came around...so I just hacked them down, knowing the issue was on my end....lol.

It had crossed my mind then, that the timer wasn't working properly, and I just dismissed it. Now I am almost certain, considering the behavior of these BB Bx1....lol. I'll get to the bottom of this tomorrow...

Worse case scenario this time around, I've been vegging longer than I intended.....

dank.Frank

newhousegreen

-.-
Veteran
hi frank

bad to know your situation...(be hard)

my little experience:
these "soil" mixes from shop isnot well..problem could be high Ph level,but you gave them guano.So it should bring the Ph down.

:subscribed:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the ones that got chopped down were 3 Happy Brother Bx1 and 1 Sour Rhino....not a big deal. I have more seeds, I'm just going to have to run them again....it happens.

dank.Frank

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Hey frank
just wanted to say hello.
Sorry to hear bout the timer prob. I hate when soMethin u buy to keep time loses it

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no one should feel bad for me on this really....lol....the time line this thing has been functioning improperly now is probably around 6-7 WEEKS. Soooo....I just hang my head in not noticing or paying closer attention to things sooner.....ugh.

Really even more frustrating, is the chop on those girls could have been rather nice in retrospect....ugh.

Oh well....won't have this issue again....

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

Okay....

Chem D x NL #3, #4, #5....all confirmed females. (so I transplanted #3, #5 into 2gal pots) I'd say the two remaining haven't shown sex...have shown slight indications of being male. As far as phenos go, I'd have to say that the males seem to be a balanced middle ground of the phenos represented in the females.

The females:

#3 - Shows a balanced leaf pattern, that has medium thick stems that aren't flexible at all...very stiff / woody stems and great balanced structure....very even growth. I'll be watching this one to see how much it resembles the momma. I still expect to see some NL traits come through strong on this one as well....

#4 -The first female to show sex, also seems to be the slowest vegging...but has the widest/fattest leaves, and the fattest stems... is some what more flexible, however, doesn't seem to have really liked being topped so much. I assume this pheno, a heavy indy leaning plant, is probably a bit more NL. I should have let this one go single cola, I think....

#5 - I have no clue as to what this one is getting its traits from. I was hoping it was a male so I could cull it....lol. I'd say this one is MUCH more sativa...with super lanky stems, that have gotten stiffer, but are still thin, and super flexible. (I've had it in direct air flow to stiffen it up as much as it is now.) The internodes on this plant are much more elongated and stretched...the leaves being quite thinner, but also not super long. This plant is really vine-ish and wants to grow out...and is probably the most vigorous of the group. I am super curious about this one now.....

Photo-0026_w_.jpg

So, I hope this makes up for my abrupt post the last time. These plants are still in veg as of right now, and at this point...all in their new homes in the 24hr flowering tent... :laughing:

As for the males, they both seem to be VERY similar. Both have excellent structures, good strong stems...not really leaning heavily to one side more than the other. I'd say these are like 45/55 or something....AND who knows, but just to say how close to balanced they are, but how you can see a SLIGHT hint of a lean if you really look. So one is like 45/55 (i/s) and the other is like 55/45(i/s). So to get the concept they lean, but every so slightly, and still remain so close to a balance of all plants available.

Please note: The figures are the estimates of my mind and are not exact or scientific. They merely represent the idea that of the phenos I have present....one is "THE MOST" sativa...not meaning it is a strong sativa, but rather, it is the most sativa influenced plant amongst the phenos I have in front of me. So when speaking of a "balance", I am only stating it is the medium of the extremes I see in front of me. Capisce?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

Just so that I kinda have it for my records, but also so I let you people out there know what is going on in the world today...

Planted:

4 - Lean Green - Herijuana x Deep Chunk
5- Chrome - Pink Bubble Tooth

All started soaking Friday night. Soaked for about 36 hours, and all had cracked, were placed in a paper towel for about 24 hours, and then planted, all with small tap roots beginning to form.

Soaking:

6 - Retardo Motabon - Bubba Kush x Grape Krush
5 - Core - Mongruls

Those were placed into water to soak, and will follow pretty much the same routine as above, except I normally only let them soak for 24 hours MAX....

ALSO....KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED.

Coming soon...

Air Pot vs. Standard Pot

I want to know if these things matter or not. So...why not run a VERY controlled and documented session, where we can see once and for all, if these new pots are "give me" or gimmick.

Will be using the surviving mystery clones that have been all but forgotten for the comparison. From the looks of things, this might begin next Sunday...we'll have to wait and see how fast these clones fill their 1/2g pots....

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Dank F

i had it already tagged so i have my eyes pealed :)
the cab is looking quite healthy mate,just the way i like it...Nhow gladd you got a present...seems to get harder to to pass customs...damn terrorists LOL

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was quick....

that was quick....

3 of the BKGK had cracked and gotten tails, while 3 appeared ready to crack.

3 of the Mongruls also cracked and had tails, while 2 had not.

This was within 14 hours of being soaked....that is great! They have been sitting in paper towels for the last 8 hours, and will be going into soil this evening....

That was quick.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update...AGAIN.

update...AGAIN.

Okay....I got kinda excited tonight seeing a certain person in chat this evening, so I decided to sprout a few MORE seeds I've been hoarding in honor of...

Now soaking:

8 - Cocktail Frank - Kali Mist x Romulan

I know, I know...d.F...what are you going to do with all these new plants....

WHY GROW THEM OF COURSE!!!

Someone once told me I had too many seeds to ever grow them all...I intend to prove them wrong!!!!

dank.Frank

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm resorting to giving half my collection away!! it will be a fun ride DF,:dance013:hope the new timer is working,i'm sure you have been checking and re checking that:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually....no new timer. They are just vegging away at this point. They are being given a new home, and will be put into flower over the weekend, but under a wee bit more wattage and a wee bit more of a proper environment...

These plants are going to get big.

PS....Not sure if anyone has forgotten about Blueberry Bx1....but, those are still vegging as well, but two of them have shown they are female....so that is good news!

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know...I'm going to hunt down Lola and see about this moon gardening and if these germ rates / speed could be a factor of such influence.....

I THINK I did all these seeds when I was SUPPOSED to....see, you guys didn't know I read all that stuff...hehehehe

dank.Frank

L

LolaGal

I dunno what you want me to tellyou Frank.

Fri 26th Moon was in a fire (barren) sign. why would you soak then?

All is well that ends well. These LEO plants you got can never be killed. they are super warriors.

not kidding...

if you need to know more specifics, let me know.

Are you using that damn Farmer's Almanac again? You know them charts ain't right.

The good charts are up in the Moon Garden.

p.s. this has nothing to do with Horoscopes in newspapers fortune telling. This is just a way to describe where the moon is in relationship to the Earth.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ugh. I knew that this last batch wasn't dropped on the right time...I always seem to miss it...I need to read more.

Okay, let me line this up.

Heri x DC and PBT: were placed into water on Friday night (26th) and soaked till Sunday morning, then toweled until planting Monday (29th) evening.

Soooo, BKGK and Mongruls : were placed into water Monday evening 29th, and are being planted tomorrow.

K-Rom: Started soaking this evening... Which is really close to in the right phase, correct? But what does scorpio indicate?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts