What's new

2008 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor Adventure, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

K

kallenavndk

Hey nice strain..... update ?Thats one small bear hehe is it a golden ?
Ups didten see all page hehe NICE m8 update no need hehe :rasta:
Tjek my "bears" :)

My a litter

My dog in front and her boyfriend hector...2 dogs 140 kilos pure mucsels :)
Hector the abricot brindel is only a year smilla is 2 and a half propper weight for a grown up male mastiff is about 80-120 kilos :jump: that the nearest u can get to a "bear" i think

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Thanks guys!

thatguy- I've always thought of the "canoe" type curling to be a moisture issue, either over or under watering(usually over watering), but I have never experienced serious PH problems, so maybe I'm ignorant on the subject.

Keep in mind that on the PH scale Acid is low PH and Alkaline in high PH, so by adding Dolomite you would be attempting to raise the PH(not lower it). Two TSP should affect the PH a little, but if you didn't add any Dolomite in your mix to begin with, I'd add at least TSP per gallon of soil regardless of the PH problem.
I usually add 2 TSP Dolomite per gallon of Peat moss when I make my own potting soil, to balance the acidic Peat moss.

kallenavndk- Nice dogs!
Believe it or not, but lots of folks over the years have admited to me that they think my avatar is a Grizzly bears face for some reason, thats the reason for my "Its my dog, not a bear!" statement. She is far from a bear, I think most bears probably weigh not much less than she does when they are born, LOL!

K

kallenavndk

She looks like one now u sayd it hehe whit out the jay and red eyes offcourse.:)
Is nice to see you and your dogs out in the forrest haveing fun keep poste them pix lots of good karma in them i think, But is she a Golden Retriver mix or? And what "strain" is the black one?

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Yes, she is a Golden/Lab mix primarily, but Iw ouldn't be surprised if she has some type of other dog in her too. Her mate is pure Black lab as far as I know, they make great companions for travel in the hills.

HOVAH

LOOKING GOOD B.C. .... YOU STARTED UM IN MARCH, SHOULDNT THEY BE LARGER???.... START MINE SAME TIME.... THEYRE ALMOST OUT OF CONTROL SOME 6-7 FEET TALL... MINE ARE SATIVA DOMINATE.

thatguy

Thanks much, BC. The moisture thing may help explain the symptom. I've been letting mother nature do the watering, and I can believe the moisture not getting all the way down to the bottom of the bags.

I've had to learn all about pH and nutrient lockout, as I've been growing indoors in coco. That made me learn the importance of it REAL quick.

So I'll water them when I go out there this evening, and we'll see what happens.

Thanks again,
TG

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
HOVAH said:
LOOKING GOOD B.C. .... YOU STARTED UM IN MARCH, SHOULDNT THEY BE LARGER???.... START MINE SAME TIME.... THEYRE ALMOST OUT OF CONTROL SOME 6-7 FEET TALL... MINE ARE SATIVA DOMINATE.
Well, I started them in March, but if you reread my opening post you will see that I had them outdoors from the time they broke the soil, we had a extremely cold spring for my area(literally freezing and snowing) so they grew very slow until things finally warmed up in May.

I was forced to start my plants outdoors this year due to pressure from the family to no longer have plants in the house, this coupled with the cold spring are why my plants are so short, had I started indoors my plants would be in excess of 4'-5' right now.

darrinjefferson

damn backcountry your plants are lookin great....growin real well now that the weather is warm. looks like you got some real nice sunny spots for all your ladies. i am really excited to see all the OR95 crosses, they seem to be doing great!

i finally got 4 ladies into my greenhouse about 2 weeks ago. I was worried about putting em out late, but like you said march sucked weather wise.
now the weather is soo perfect! I am truly amazed with the power of the sun.
heres a look at em
i got g-13, acaulpoco gold x og kush, ice and what is suppose to be purple kush..but we will see

oregons conditions are truly perfect for this stuff.
keep up the great work bro!!!!!

later

Hey B.C. ! great to see your ladies thriving with some warmer temps.

I was wondering if you've ever tried collecting rainwater on-site. I tried an experiment this year due to the drought last summer by hanging a 10x12 army camo plastic tarp over a 25 gal plastic trashcan (which I cammoed with spray paint, using native vegetation for stencils).

I filled it within a week. So I bought another 25 gal can and taped the lid on the full one.

3 days later, another 25 gal of rainwater making 50 total but then...

A curious bear decided to bite into the lid of the taped can and knock it over, emptying half the water i had stored. It also almost tore the tarp down and I could see where it had been clawing at it from underneath.

Moral of the story?- Collecting rainwater on-site is sweet even with a seasonal creek or pond nearby, cause ya never know what the weather is gonna do. And it could save people some work if the site is safe/secluded enough :) i was thinking of a gravity-feed auto/manual irrigation set up.

But the biggest X-factor in outdoor seems to be our wild neighbors- they're fucking animals man! ya never know what the critters are gonna do either. I like bears, I just hope they like me too lol.

P.S. I should have known to never plant a carrot-smelling pheno outside- and it may end up being a war of attrition for me and that rabbit. :)

Peace and Happy Growing.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Climbinghigh- Yes, I have set up rainharvesters before, but they would only do me good if I was sure of the plot location before the rainy season starts slowing down in March/April, after that point the rain is too light , and then there is pretty much no rain starting sometime in June until late September at best.
I have a tendency to wait until the rainy season starts winding down to pick plot locations, since this gives me time to observe where people might be working in the woods once the mud starts getting solid again. Its no fun selecting a site that ends up being smack in the middle of a Spring/summer logging site, like I did last year.

But I do like the rainharvesting idea, I have recomended it to several growers, Fastpine built one for one of his more isolated plots last year I believe. A very good option for isolated plots.

thatguy

BC, I got a description of my mix up along with pics of the symptom. Come over and render your opinion, please.

All the best,
TG

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Will do, thatguy :joint:

I got out a couple days ago to throw some water on the plot before the 100F weather hit, been getting some scorching weather last few days, great swimming weather!

This plot was originally only gonna have 2 plants, but I added 3 more, and had to do some tree trimming to make sure plenty of light got to all the plants.
I took a Bow saw, and climbed the black oak tree that was blocking some of the western light to my newer plants, here are a couple before/after pics. The slender red/orange trunked tree is the same one in both pics.

7710Last_week_June_2008_smoke_and_plants_004_Small_.jpg

7710Last_week_June_2008_smoke_and_plants_008_Small_.jpg

Lots of smoke in the sky from the fires in California-

7710Last_week_June_2008_smoke_and_plants_010_Small_.jpg

7710Last_week_June_2008_smoke_and_plants_011_Small_.jpg

I hope California doesn't completely burn up, epsecially my beloved Shasta/Trinity area.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Close my eyes, imagine....BC climbing trees with a bow saw :jump:
Well done I can see :smile:

Paddi

K

kallenavndk

Is it smoke from the fire or from some firemen that have found your grow`?
Hehe

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
No large fires in Oregon yet that I know of(BC crosses fingers).

I don't advise climbing trees without a human partner around, but I had to do it! My dogs think climbing trees is crazy.

I think I'm going to go find a cool swimming hole to wade in for a while, hopefully the rivers aren't too cold yet from all the snow melt in the hills, I think most all of it is gone around here now anyways.

guest3589

It looks like this year might be as bad or worse than last for fires in Cali. Hope the plants take advantage of the extra C02.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
7710June_30_2008_family_trip_003_Small_.jpg

I skipped going to the river, and insted went to a smaller tributary creek out in the hills, nice and quiet. Took a couple beers and a Joint to help cool down.....ahhhhhhh.........

The smoke seems lighter here now........

BC,

Love your dog, love your plants, love your location, love your thread, hate your beer, but the J looks nice and fat.

best,

DM

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Danger Mouse- Thanks! As far as the beer goes.......I guess I find a nice dry tasting brew as refreshing on a hot day as some find the Mojito.

BC, A little off topic, but have you ever tried Shiner beer-specifically Shiner Boch? IMHO the best domestic beer in the land!

Mojitos rock, but there's nothing like that fist sip of a cold beer.

Best,

DM

Latest posts

Latest posts