What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2008 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor Adventure, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Looking top notch.Can't wait to see how this year turns out for ya. I heard OR had some pretty freaky weather this year.....along with alot of other states.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hello Esbe and grunwald!

Yeah, spring of 2007 was too dry and hot, summer was short and cool, fall was early, wet and cold. Winter 07-08 was long, and very cold, lots of subfreezing temps and snow.
Spring took a while to kick winter out, March and April were much colder than usual. But once spring came a few weeks ago, it has climbed fast to summer like temps, normal spring will be back, and from what I have heard, we are predicted to have a normal summer this year, with tons of clear skies and plenty of hot days. I just hope fall is dry and mold free this year.

guest3589

Hi BC,
The kids look great, how about the summer days this last week? My girls have jumped in growth and it looks like yours are starting to really boost as well. It seems like this year I am getting a much better start. Last year I wanted to get an early start and put my clones from 18/6 out early April and all my clones lollipoped on me, only my BC Bagseed grow produced any real yield :friends:.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Well, I got out and planted my first stand alone plot yesterday. Its on BLM land far behind a locked gate, about 1.5 miles walk uphill mostly, in a place I remembered from scouting years ago.

Its a spring seeping from the hillside, with a decent ammount of sunshine, and black soil loaded with organic materials. I dug a trench, tossed in some osmocote, and planted 7 C99xOR95, and 1 TWx(C99xOR95). They are planted close together, but I anticipate some loss, and of course some males, just pulling a couple ounces from the remaining females will make it worth while. I'll return in early August to check for survivors and to kill males.

You can see the spring seep in the top third of this pic-

The dogs take a little dip in a creek we crossed on the way back, when the water is flowing better, this is a very pretty waterfall, kinda like ones you see in Hawaii-

Anyways, I might return to this area later in the week and select another site to plant another plot, I want to get more babies into the hills before they get too big.

Last edited:

thatguy

Hey BC, it's nice to see that you have started an '08 thread, I've been way too busy to notice it before now. Hope all is well.

BTW, I've started my shows over at PG, you and I seem to operate opposite each other. You mostly post here, me mostly there. Looks as if I'll have to keep more of an eye on what's happening over here, as I am quite interested in following your progress.

May your season be less stressful than mine has been so far.

M

mossy

The girls are looking Good BC.

Hope your summer season is as good as forecast..
I am looking forward to seeing some mighty plants. :yummy:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Thanks guys! I'll probably get another stand alone grow out in the next few days(with more of my younger second wave seedlings), and hopefully I'll have a few sexed seedlings to get out into my main plots by the next week. The first wave of larger seedlings(that I am now forcing to show sex) are just starting to form sex organs, soon I should be able to tell the boys from the girls.

H&L

:friends: Cheers to another year man! Glad you were able to do that TW cross, I remember you saying you wanted to do it.

Hey BC, I hope that natural ground water serves those seedlings well and they get big and a bushy over the summer months. Looking forward to the next wave of seedlings.

Bugg

G

uhhhh BC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BACKCOUNTRY again.
i wish to have all females there!
:joint:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
BC - Glad to see you are getting it done like always!! Very inspirational threads each season. I will be in your neck of the woods on a yearly 6 day caming trip next weekend!! Gonna hit the Yolly- Bollas then shoot over to the border for a few more stream stops. We call it guerrilla fishing!! Love the area and really is God's country. Watch out for the ticks! They do carry Lyme dis and it is a hell of a curse. My grandmother had it for years cause they couldn't diagnose it correctly. Again respect and much luck!!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey guys! I got out yesterday to prepare a plot, its in a mixed Douglas fir/Madrone/Oak grove on a steep hill, with great sun exposure.

I dug 2, 15 gallon holes, the soil is a gravelly/sandy loam that is typical of many hillsides around here, very breathable and conductive to fast root growth.
77105-29-08_preping_HM_1_001_Small_.jpg

Nothing is needed for loosening of the soil, insted I need to improve its ability to hold moisture, I did this by adding 6 gallons of Peat moss to each hole, and later at planting I will add water retaining crystals.
I also added:
1 gallon of llamma manure
2 cups of Dolomite lime
2 Cups of Calcium Phosphate(a fast acting form of rock Phosphate)
1/2 cup of SulPoMag
2 cups of Kelp meal
77105-29-08_preping_HM_1_003_Small_.jpg

At planting time I will also add high nitrogen Guano, and will continue to feed with it through the summer antil blooming starts, then I will feed with a high Phosphorus guano. This plot and the other two like it will be all organic.

Rather than hack away branches that are in the way, I am tying as many as possible to positions that make them camoflauge for the plot rather than sun blockers.
77105-29-08_preping_HM_1_005_Small_.jpg

77105-29-08_preping_HM_1_006_Small_.jpg

I'll get the two females to this plot in my free time in the next few days, and then I'll go prepare a couple more locations.
After taking this excursion, I checked the seedlings I am forcing to show sex, I found 2 more females to add to the 2 I had found already, and after checking today I found 2 more, for six total confirmed females, which is the minimum I needed to establish my irrigated plots this summer. If I find more females, I may add more plants to the 3 planned plots, or I may add more plots as time allows.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Looks good. I would sie for soil like that. Since we live in a low area ALL the soil is red clay. Which is rich if you can loosen it up with Gypsum but that takes a year or two.

Latest posts

Latest posts