What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2008 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor Adventure, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:
Hey guys! I'm A-OK!

I had some weird and funny stuff happen on my end, and around the same time lost my normal access to the net(I try not to use it for this at home). No problems with the cops per say, but I had a aquantince that was acting questionable, and decided it was best to lay low a bit, hell, I didn't even bother taking many pics past what I posted here last, I took some pics of the stand alone plot when I harvested her, I'll try to dig her up.

I'm just happy I didn't have to delete my account!

Anyways, I pulled down a decent crop this year, nothing too breath taking, but I'll be smoking heavy for the for-seeable future.

Being away from ICmag and the other sites where I posted gave me time to think about my time writing about Cannabis from my OG days to now. When I first decided to open a account on OG, my original idea was to be one of those guys who puts together helpfull DIY threads(those are my favorite kinds of threads), I wasn't even intending to ever post a grow thread.

My first DIY thread was a viable system for growing in trees, I was never interested in growing in trees, but by god I figured out how. After that I gravitated to irrigation, since it was obvious to me that the bulk of my time and labor growing was tied up in watering trips, so I started my journy trying to find reliable, easy, and cheep ways for guerilla growers to water their plants.

But every year I come up short on my central mission to develop irrigation systems, my plans get defeated one way or another. Late this summer I started working on a few new ideas, I am actively experimenting with them now and hope to have working models well before summer.

At any rate, I'm sorry to disappoint anyone this last summer, I'll try to be more reliable, and back to my original mission!

Thanks to all for the warm wishes!!

i haven't been on here in awhile and am very glad to see a fellow u.s. grower A OK. congrats on the harvest.....i had a very nice yield. i hadn't posted for awhile just to try and detect any leo......i know the kind of douchebag messages they send. i learned from O.G. buddy of mine caught wind of what was going down. anyways glad to hear you're ok. have you hear anything from J.J.??? i am kind of worried. all my crop is in jars and ready to smoke. i was a too nervous to take pics since there were combines next to 2/3 of my fields..... chopping down corn 1000 feet from me. i am not a hippy but i feel the need to say peace and love. also, i love marijuana......will there one day be an politician that sees that benefits? we can only hope

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
BC
Glad to see you back :jump: :jump: :jump:

Also glad you pulled in a harvest hope to hear more from you soon.

Stay safe
PEACE

Rolando Mota

Yeah Backcountry! Glad everything is ok.

Strange season this year. Started out cold and wet, stayed cool, then ended with a beautiful Indian summer.

Cheers!

:joint:

Maddlights

Welcome Home BC!

I had faith that you were fine.
I'm doing my outdoor harvest this weekend in "Oregon" country.
Finally some decent weather.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
glad to see you back around and safe as well :wave:

also congratulations on another successful season and enjoy puffin that fine herb.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hey guys!

Here are the only pics I got since mid-summer, I had decided to cool it on taking pics for this year, but I went ahead and took some at my only stand alone plot this year.

These seedlings were planted in late May, the location was fairly remote, requireing a hour-plus hike all uphill. I located a natural spring seep, where water from underground slowely seeps year round, even in late summer when most of the country around here is bone dry.

The downside of the location was the low sun exposure, but that was OK, this was the point of the experiment, to see how plants left on their own all summer would do in a highly conceled location. In my area, most of these spring seeps tend to occur in places highly shaded by trees, so I wanted to see how plants would yield in these conditions, basicly I sacrifice lots of sun and large beautiful buds in exchange for no need to water or visit the plots.

My yield was very small, maybe 1/2-3/4 oz, and since I did't return to kill the males, the buds have seeds, but thats just fine. I may do this again next year in several more seep sites, and plant many times more plants so the yields per plot are better, and of course kill the males in August.
Essentially for the cost of starting some seedlings, a hike to plant, a hike to cull males, and a hike to harvest, I get some bud with a minimum of labor and time, compared to hiking once or twice a week to water by hand.

Here are some pics from planting time in May-
7710Stand_alone_plot_000_planting_May_21_2008_001_Medium_.jpg

7710Stand_alone_plot_000_planting_May_21_2008_002_Medium_.jpg

And here are the harvest pics from October-

7710LM_1_Oct_24_08_group_2.jpg

7710LM_1_Oct_24_08_group.jpg

7710LM_1_Oct_24_08_buds2.jpg

7710LM_1_Oct_24_08_buds.jpg

SmokeyTheBear- You mean JJscorpio? Is he mising?

Rolando Mota- Yeah, cold spring, nice warm sunny summer/fall.

minds_I - Yep, plans are in motion, I started planning next years as I harvested this years.

randude101- The crop was small, but good quality, and our nice dry sept/oct made mold no problem at all this year. I also did some crosses of some of my strains to a great Godbud clone provided by a local medical grower, I'll have super variety next year.

OK guys, now is the time to set in motion planning next years grows. The wet weather we have been getting is saturating the hills with water as I write, soon I will be hiking the hills locating good areas to put my plants, as I locate them, I'll be setting up small resivours of water, either for feeding automatic watering systems or for making handwatering easier, hopefully I won't be hiking very often with water on my back in 09.

guest3589

Nice grow BC, those plants that made it look like they have great herb. I love the fact that you did this with few visits. I think there is great potential for these types of grow sites.

thatguy

I am very relieved to see you're safe, BC! I was truly worried for a few months there!

You helped me so much on my OD grow, it was so sad to see you disappear like that. I owe much to the help you gave me, and I look forward to the ideas you come up with for irrigation.

Can't say we had as nice a fall over here on the east coast as you apparently had. After TS Hanna in early Sept, we battled botytris through the next month. But it all turned out quite well in the end, and I wait for spring with baited breath!!!

All the best,
TG

PHL8T ME

Hey man, ben hiding also, That time of year........ Total? over 7lbs. Kick ass. X's worked good, Pure seed very well..... ttyl dude

HookaHittaH

Those stand alone girls still look like they came out taste BC. If you wanted to make one less trip to your plot you could start out with pre-sexed clones. That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting any males. Just and idea M8. GL next year, glad to see you back safe.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
HookaHittaH said:
Those stand alone girls still look like they came out taste BC. If you wanted to make one less trip to your plot you could start out with pre-sexed clones. That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting any males. Just and idea M8. GL next year, glad to see you back safe.
Hey man! Taking a walk is still lots easier than making tons of clones, and I have even considered not even removing the males and simply making some type of hash from the females, in this way the seeds would be no problem. At a 1/8oz to 1oz per plant, doing this from clones would be labor intensive for the low reward per plant.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I now have in my ranks a legal medical grower, who has agreed to make me clones from my genetics for the 09 season, in exchange for a small cut of the harvest. Mostly I think he is just interested in getting some new clones to work with.

This will make my life lots easier, as I don't have the facilities or cooperation from my family to do it myself, this last spring I had was very cold, and getting seedlings going and sexed was difficult.

guest3589

Thats great BC, sounds like that will be a positive relationship for the both of you. After seeing your work, who wouldn't want to get some of your sticky icky?

Technique

Hello All the way from Australia!

Glad your A ok! i read your threads all the time as a young outdoor grower i find them quiet helpful and full of ideas!

once again glad your fine! and not doing time!

look forward to some more!

Tech..