What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2008 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor Adventure, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

guest3589

Hi BC,
Well that plot is looking good and the soil looks nice and rich. Good idea with the branches, should make a nice little grove. With the branches trained like that perhaps it will also protect them a bit in the fall from the elements. Nice pic of your partner, helping with the digging? lol

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Thanks guys!

I have found my 6 females for my main plots, which will be planted in a few days. Then I'll be concentrating on planting stand alone plots When that is done, I'll be putting energy into building and planting my self-watering planters. In the midst of all this, I'll have to find time to set up automatic irrigation systems for my main plots before the rain drys up totally in late June/early July.
Then I'd like to get more stand alone plots going if I can, LOL! I always have big dreams :jerkit:

Maybe I should do a tree grow......just for laughs.......... :laughing: :D

Last edited:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Good luck with that planter BC...i'll be watching
A tree grow? that also would be nice to watch.;)

elevate

That dirt makes me smile, it looks edible! The loam is a key component of soil that I have yet to integrate. Dammit BC, I need to get on your level. Congratulations on the chosen 6! :rasta:

hamstring

Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:
Well, I got out and planted my first stand alone plot yesterday. Its on BLM land far behind a locked gate, about 1.5 miles walk uphill mostly, in a place I remembered from scouting years ago.

Its a spring seeping from the hillside, with a decent ammount of sunshine, and black soil loaded with organic materials. I dug a trench, tossed in some osmocote, and planted 7 C99xOR95, and 1 TWx(C99xOR95). They are planted close together, but I anticipate some loss, and of course some males, just pulling a couple ounces from the remaining females will make it worth while. I'll return in early August to check for survivors and to kill males.

You can see the spring seep in the top third of this pic-

The dogs take a little dip in a creek we crossed on the way back, when the water is flowing better, this is a very pretty waterfall, kinda like ones you see in Hawaii-

Anyways, I might return to this area later in the week and select another site to plant another plot, I want to get more babies into the hills before they get too big.

BC
Looks like a great spot hope they do well. Love the country you grow in just beautiful to see in your pics. Never been to Oregon but would love to see the countryside.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I got out today to plant my first irrigated plot, which will be called HM#1(high maintenance #1).

77106-03-08_planting_HM_1_002_Small_.jpg

The upper plant is a C99xOR95 f2, the lower plant is a Train wreck x(C99xOR95) f1, should be interesting to see how my two newest strains do.

I usually use water retaining crystals in the soil, and I usually side dress with high nitrogen guano, but I am short on funds and have neither for the planting of this plot. I'm sure they will do fine with neither.

Deer cages made from weathered chicken wire were placed over the plants last, I took a picture with them on, but didn't bother to post it since you could hardly see the wire, LOL!

Any ways, more plants are waiting to get out, my next mission is to get 2 more plots dug for the remaing 4 sexed plants. And to also get to the local garden supply for guano and water crystals on my next pay day.

HookaHittaH

Look good BC. Those girls look to be ready to take off soon. Cant wait to see the progress with you grow.I like how your dogs are trying to kick back in the shade. do you make them haul in water too? Ha jk. GL man to some more sunny days.

High BC!
Congrats on a great start of the 08 season. I'm jealous of that loose loamy soil, and the size of those plants (; You should have some monsters come fall.
It finally warmed up enough for me to put the last of my clones out this past weekend, and the mosquitoes almost carried me away -lol.
It should be a great season- I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
LOL! Those plants were started in late March, they should be lots larger, thanks to the cold weather this spring. Ideally they should have been to this point almost a month ago.

I'll probably have some nice plants, but I doubt monsters will result, maybe some 1/4 pounders if i'm lucky.

I'm going to try and get out and find a good spot for my second plot, and maybe a third if I'm lucky.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I decided to change up my stategy again this season, which is to be expected, I have a tendency to change plans frequently durring the planting season, and its easy since I have no parteners.

Anyways, I decided to plant 3 more of the remaining 4 sexed females I had left to plant, rather than plant the remainder in 2 more seperate plots. Increasing development in my locality is making finding new plots hard. Several of my plots that worked so well last year are no longer usefull to me because of these problems. Add to this the cost of gas, and driving to find and maintain through the summer becomes a problem, I suspect gas could go over $6 by the harvest season.

My remaining 4 plants are one C99xOR95, one Northern lightsxOR95, and two TWx(C99xOR95), the NxOR will go to a small handwatered plot, the rest will join the C99xOR95 and TWx(C99xOR95) in the HM#1 plot.

I started by hauling the soil amendments, my shovel, and enough weathered Chicken wire to create small cages for the 3 new plants. Each plant gets: 6 gallons of Peat moss, a cup of Dolomite lime, a dash of SulPoMag, a 1/2 cup of Calcium Phosphate, 1/2 cup of water retaining crystals, and a gallons of Chicken manure compost, I also brought extra Chicken manure to side dress the original two plants in the plot in liew of Guano.
The second trip involved hauling the plants and 3 gallons of water to get them going.

A picture of the two original plants, and below them the newer C99xOR95 plant.
7710Plant_1_2_3_from_south_at_HM_1_6-11-08_003_Medium_.jpg

A picture of the 3 new plants from uphill.
7710Plant_3_4_5_from_above_at_HM_1_6-11-08_007_Medium_.jpg

And a picture from downhill showing the 3 new plants, and the original TWx(C99xOR95).
7710Plant_5_4_3_2_from_below_at_HM_1_6-11-08_004_Medium_.jpg

I'm going to now concentrate on planting the remaining younger plants in handwatering plots, after that I will return and build a auto irrigation system at this plot, getting the water here will be a small/major, but it won't be too hard.

Last edited:

magoo420

:headbange Thanks for all the good info BC. Im using alot of your knolage this year,and im sure I'll get my best crop ever
Southern Oregon rocks for good bud :joint:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey guys! I took a few gallons of water out to my main plot a couple days ago, been too busy to get some pics up.

This plant has grown through her cage already, I ajusted the wire to cover her again, but she will need a more substantial cage soon-
7710HM_1_6-21-08_001_Medium_.jpg

A couple pics of some of the plot mates-
7710HM_1_6-21-08_002_Small_.jpg

7710HM_1_6-21-08_003_Small_.jpg

A pic of the old Army pack I use for hand watering-
7710HM_1_6-21-08_007_Small_.jpg

The weather is slowely building to normal, the relapses of cold weather are getting less cold and shorter, this week is predicted to have highs all in the 80s or better. I'm happy to see it, the heat loving veggies in my food garden are barely keeping ahead of curve, I am hoping the weather stays warm and get even a bit warmer, so I can have big buds, watermellons and sweet corn this summer.

Water is still pretty available in the hills, which is a good side affect of the cold wet Winter and Spring, most years water is already pretty scarce by this time.

I am hoping to get my irrigation system set up for this plot by 4th of July, since that is when the super dry part of summer starts here, I'll be transfering at least 50 gallons over a couple hundred yards with a 12volt pump, should be fun.

I also have a spot I'm checking out for my remaining unsexed plants, there is a creek available near by for water, and alot of bushes to hide the plants around, that plot will be hand watered.

I should also be building the first of my experimental selfwatering planters soon.....

thatguy

Hey, BC! Glad to see things are going well for you. Sad to not have had your advice for the last month or so. So I decided to finally get off my ass and get things started over here.

Just chopped my first indoor harvest(my thread is over at PG) 2 days ago, and am planning on starting a thread here when I start up my 2nd.

I'd rep you, but apparently they require more posts here.

All the best,
TG

Mayor Uhana

BC man for some reason I never got the cage thing untill looking at your pic up theyre. Man my plants are always fallin over come august. great idea man. for the deer too huh. :)

you think some of that no tresspassing security type fencing would work alright? im hardcore guerilla, only going out into the wood a couple of times, if youve got a fav kind of fence for the longrun let me know.
thanks bruda

G

Guyute54

There start to take off already! Once the heat hits there really going to shoot for the sky. I was going to setup an irrigation system to one of my plots this year but so far we had way to much moisture so I think I will hold of on worrying about one this year. Best wishes on the season BC.

thatguy

Hey, BC. I got a question.

I added some FF marine cuisine to my soil, don't know if you know the stuff, but it's advertised for acid loving plants. So, as expected, I believe my plants are showing signs of the pH dropping( leaves are doing a canoe-type curling). I sprinkled 2 tsp of pelletized dolomitic lime on the surface of the soil of my 10 gal grow bags.

I was wondering if you thought that would be enough to drop the pH.

Thanks,
TG