What's new

2# per 1k!!

jgrow

Maybe think about switching to vert. some of those guys are getting well over 2# per light.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Air-Cool those hoods, continue trimming out the undergrowth as you say you are doing, and drop those reflectors 8". You'll get there...

Either way---I'd be FIRED UP to achieve what you currently do but I'm an over-achiever as well and know that goals must be hit or we beat ourselves up!!!!

Let us know what worked!
:biggrin:

reckon

1) Lower your lights to about half that distance. Especially with a light mover.

2) Dump the GDP, run all LUI.

3) If you're not using brand new bulbs every round, make that part of your routine.

4) Throw in another 1000w MH in the middle, dropped down bare bulb on a light mover.

5) Extend your veg time, and give them a few extra days at the end of flowering as well.

6) Try a different base nutrient. Try more additives!

7) If you don't already veg under HID, start now.

8) If you're not at 1500 ppm, get there.

9) Definitely make sure you SCROG. Canopy management is crucial.

10) Play music to your plants, or if at all possible, sing personally-written love songs to them. They go nuts for that shit.

:yeahthats

I NEVER get more than about 1, maybe 1.4 lbs from GDP under a 1K,...it's an INCREDIBLE strain (I have 3 pheno's), and I smoke it all the time, but I grow it as a novelty now, simply because it doesn't really make WEIGHT, and it takes 70+ days to ripen fully

the HIGH however, I think is one of the best in all of cannabis-dom, and that "purple pancake syrup" taste, I just love.

bron2k

milehigh thx bro! 10) had me crying lol..

1) so only 12 inches? i guess with a light mover that make sense

2) man i love my GDP and so do my patients. everyone is getting immune to LUIs lol but man i know what you're saying. those LUIs do get enormous and yield a lot

3) damn every round bro? that's an expensive change lol. i do it every 5-6 months.

4) can't risk using more watts

5) i'll try that!

6) i just switched to these base nutes so i'll see what happens with this run. for my additives i'm using root excel, cannazyme, cal mag, big bud, overdrive, and floralicious.

7) already doing it

8) god damn foreal 1500ppm? everytime i did i had madd nute lockouts and deficiency. i'm currently at 800 and eventually go up to 1000 max. ????

9) yea i'm just learning that and i think i can do a better job at it next time.

10) just got me a sony 10 inch sub woofer with some badd ass 5.1 bose surround sound. damn i can't believe i didn't do this from the beginning. ooo i can't wait for my plants to hear this. thanks milehighmedical

bron2k

reckon- are you doing DWC also? yea i hear ya on the smoke of the GDP. everyone loves it out here. i would do all LUIs but peeps are getting immune to it so i need to try different strains to keep them happy. lol

S

StealthyStalks

We know # means lbs. You said you can't break 2 lbs per 1kW but then you said you max out at 7 lbs 10 oz, which makes absolutely no sense.

7 lbs 10 oz > 2 lbs

He said - "2#s per 1k. the most i've gotten is 7# 10oz off of 4 1k".

6 ounces short of getting 8 pounds from 4k. So he is 1 1/2 oz's short per 1k. Makes sense to me.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
The more you top, the more veg time you will require for those tops to even out and become the "alpha colas"

Your reasons could be strain specific. Could be environmental. Light Penetration. Way too many variables to gove you a full answer. But keep trying, you will get it eventually.

Yup, what dog said.

Also if you don't have C02, add it. If you can veg long enough you can get that shit accomplished as long as your strain is decent.

OG Kush is known as a bad yielder but I'm still able to get 2# per light on all 8 of my 1k's by dialing in the environment/vegging in the right way. Granted it took me a while to dial in but it worked.

bron2k

hey thanks for the quick reply guys. looks like i'll just move it back and forth from veg and flower then! i really dont want to buy another burner. i gotta get some pics up for you guys lol. all this chatting and i got no pics lol sorry..

milehigh- hahah oh my badd! i thought u meant 1500 ppm with my nutes levels lol. but i'll difinetley bump up my co2 to 1500. but i only have co2 in my veg and not flower room right now. is it a big difference if i had it in flower?

are you fucking with us?
why run CO2 in your veg room at all?
Don't even bother with that, they'll grow fine at 300ppm. Your buds, on the other hand.....
I mean, it's hard for me to believe that you've really overlooked that. CO2 really only counts in flower. Why waste the money on plants that are vegging?
You've got 2 months to bud - whatever you can do (like CO2) to make your plants grow better in that amount of time will help increase your harvest.

I can't stress it enough, ditch the veg plants, put the CO2 in flower and you'll definitely hit your mark.

Sorry if that comes off a little harsh. Best of luck

bron2k

whythe- bro i was taught to veg with co2 and told that it was important for it because it'll help it grow a lot more thicker and healthier. which it does but i totally understand what you're saying. i'll be switching it tonight! but dont you think co2 help plants out a lot in veg as well?

S

Sir_Nugget

If you look at a plants structure on some strains, the main cola is larger if you allow it to get ahead of the other colas... Imagine if you had a garden full with nuthing but these xtra long large main colas packed closely together. The yield would be better than one laced with lesser colas from a bush style plants, but ur plant count would b real high, and would call for a different setup.. 2 gallon soil pots packed closey together would result in some heavy main colas

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Everything has to be on point for 2p's per 1000w. So you need Co2, dehumidifier, temp's below 78 degrees, no pest or mildew prob's so get a sulphur burner. High yeilds to me are a result of top notch controls and then doing your watering and feeding perfectly, not to wet and not to dry throughout crop. Without Co2 your doomed.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't run co2 with 78F temps! 85F+ is best for co2, otherwise your just wasting it. Bunch of misinformation.....

G

guest121295

I've never calculated my grams per watt or anything but I think the above poster(BeFriendly) is correct.Everything has to be on point. Sometimes I can pull 57 oz's from 2k, sometimes only 20. Depends on the strain so much. I just grew 2 ,50 day vegged sourbubble under a 600W hps and pulled a whopping 2 oz's. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose but threads like this can help us all win a bit more...My best to all, Chaco.

Latest posts

Latest posts