What's new

2# per 1k!!

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
totally depends on the strain for temps. In veg ya i run temps at 83 to 85 degrees but not for the flower cycle. After a 2 weeks of flower i drop the temp, to increase my yeild, found it to be better for my kush's.
With everything there is no rule of thumb. Experiment and look at your plants they will tell what they need, once you recognize the signs.
bump your co2 until the leaves curl in a strange spirally way, if they do this the co2 is to high, raise the temp or reduce the co2 to fix, usually reduce the co2

bron2k

hey thanks all! so when i get my co2 going in my flower room what should i do about my ventilation? i got a 8" fan for my fresh air coming in and then a 8" hooked up to a carbon fitler going out. isn't this going to cancel out my co2. i would hate to refill my propane tank every couple days. should i just recycle the air in my room with my carbon filter and not draw fresh air in? thanks again guys!!

choch

Aircool the lights with the entire system sealed so it doesn't draw leak hot air into the room or suck smelly co2 enriched air out. Now you don't need nearly as much ventilation for your room and can use a controller that turns off the co2 when the exhaust cycle is happening.

You can take it farther by not using vent fans at all with a sealed room using ac or icebox water coolers on your lights to remove the heat.

The problem with CO2 is that you need a closed room for it, not to use lots of propane as you said. If you aircool the lights as choch said you'll minimize venting but it will still happen. To fully remedy that you need an AC or a water cooled heat exchanger. BTW I think that your current yields with no CO2 are excellent already, keep us posted on your first CO2 harvest.

bron2k

my room is sealed, i just need to make sure it doesn't get too hot when i shut off my intake fan. for my carbon filter should i just blow it back into the room and let it recycle itself? thanks everyone!

bron2k

just got done adding co2 to my flower room. i actually took some pictures for you guys to look at. please let me know what you think. my room temp is now 90-91 degrees with co2 levels at 1500ppm and humidity around 49-52%. my temp at 90-91 degrees with co2 is alright right? thanks again everyone for you help. here's some pics of my ladies in it's 3rd week!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HeLLMuTT

Great looking setup bron! With Co2 supplemented will will indeed get bigger nugs and better resin production. You'll be glad you added it to the op.

91 degrees seems a tad high even with the Co2. 85 degrees I have read and heard many times is a good temp to stick to IMO.

I'll be hanging around to see how things work.

Take care.

Edit; I saw that post you made on PK's thread about the 1 1/4 inch drain/feed flex hoses you installed on grow buckets. lol they look like a vacuum hose. I have to ask where you got those and the modifications you made to attach them so nicely. I'll be building a RDWC system in about two weeks(8 or 9 buckets) and would love to adopt that nice up grade you made. I can imaging how much more efficient that change you made has been.

Big thanks

Last edited:

bron2k

thanks hellmutt! yea i'll probably cool my hoods when i find some glass for my hydrofarm hoods. i bought it from a guy in the bay area and he sent it to me in the mail and they all broke. so that's why i don't have them air cooled. and my temp was perfect when i didn't have the co2 in the room. it was 80-81 degrees and 35-40% humidity. if you need help hellmutt pm me bro. i've redone this system probably 10x now so it's very efficient and low low maintenance.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
after 5 harvest i'm still struggling to get 2#s per 1k....

...please let me know what you think. thanks in advance!!

Seems the easiest way to hit those numbers is by growing vertical..

scroll down to the bottom of your screen, choose the dropdown menu, and click on the vertical growing section.

if you don't want to try that, use co2 and SOG or ScrOG to pull 2+ per light.

strains help.. try snowcap or blue dream

bron2k

i don't think i'll grow any way but this bro! this gotta be the most efficient and low maintenance system i've done. thanks again blazeoneup!! i got everything hooked up to shut off valves so i dont even need a pump to drain or feed my system. i just turn my valve and go eat or make love to my gf and then come back an half hr later and my system is feed or drain. it's that easy!!! but i like your setup tho bro. shit looks clean..

choch

Awesome! Once the hoods are sealed up your temps should be dialled again. :)

What all are you using for cooling now?

bron2k

choch- i live in anartica bro lol. it's like below zero where i'm at so my basement is very cold so i havn't been using anything to cool my room. before i added the co2 i had a 8" fan drawing air in from my basement to keep it cool. but since i added the co2 i didn't want to cancel out my co2 by drawing air in so now it's getting up to 90-91 degrees.

choch

So if you can rig it up to pump that cold non-smelly basement air through the lights and then out to another upstairs room for free heat or exhaust it outside you should be rocking.

bron2k

so i just found this on another site. it's saying temps in the 90-95f and humidity of 45-55% is optimal for growth with co2 of 1500ppm. and it stats that grow rooms with that ideal temperature needs little ventilation if not any. what you guys think?

Temperature, humidity, and CO2 concentrations form a triangular relationship in a greenhouse or indoor grow. If all 3 factors are not in equilibrium, there is a risk to the plant in terms of stunted growth, toxicity, or death/disease.

Standard growing conditions typically include concentrations of CO2 at 300-500 ppm, temperatures between 65-80°F, and relatively low humidity (20-40% rH). Studies have shown optimal growth and yields at 90-95°F, 1,500 ppm CO2, 45-50% relative humidity, 7,500-10,000 lumens/square foot of light, and vigorous air movement both above and below the canopy. CO2 enrichment under 80°F, under 7500 lumens/sf, or above 50% humidity is not recommended because plants will not be conducting photosynthesis quickly enough to benefit from the enrichment.

Internal air movement in the grow room is critical to CO2 enrichment. Carbon dioxide is a slightly heavier molecule than other molecules floating around in the gaseous mixture we call air. Thus, CO2 enrichment without air movement will result in the gas settling out of the atmosphere before it has a chance to reach the plants. High temps and humidity without air movement can also encourage mold and bacteria growth.

Grow rooms that rely heavily on external ventilation to control temperatures or smell should not consider CO2 enrichment, because any gas introduced to the space will be blown out as quickly as it's created. A sealed room that relies on no external ventilation is ideal for CO2 enrichment. Since the ideal temperature for CO2 enrichment is much higher than normal, growers who employ this technique will need much less ventilation (if any).

cbp420

Yup, what dog said.

Also if you don't have C02, add it. If you can veg long enough you can get that shit accomplished as long as your strain is decent.

OG Kush is known as a bad yielder but I'm still able to get 2# per light on all 8 of my 1k's by dialing in the environment/vegging in the right way. Granted it took me a while to dial in but it worked.

Please explain if you could. A PM would be great. Thanks.

i don't think i'll grow any way but this bro! this gotta be the most efficient and low maintenance system i've done. thanks again blazeoneup!! i got everything hooked up to shut off valves so i dont even need a pump to drain or feed my system. i just turn my valve and go eat or make love to my gf and then come back an half hr later and my system is feed or drain. it's that easy!!! but i like your setup tho bro. shit looks clean..

Just consider it. This was really the first thing that came to mind when I noticed this thread. If you want yields, vertical is the ONLY way to go.
You're shooting for 2 lbs per light. Once my system's dialed in I'll be pulling 3 - 4 lbs per light. Yes, 4 pounds per light. That's not uncommon for vertical growers. I'd say a shitty vertical grower would yield as much as a top notch horizontal grower. It's just physics.

Check the link to my journal in my sig. It's hard to see from the photos (hard to take photos of a system like this) but I'm using a screen (SCROG) that's 5.5 feet wide (tall, actually) and 13 feet long (well, around really). Every point in the room gets at least the equivalent of 7000 lumens/ft2. If you know your lumens, that's really high -- Almost as high as any indoor grower would usually go. It's like having your 1000 watt light 2 ft from your screen (impractical, since it reduced footprint).

And here's the thing, I have this 5.5' x 13' scrog with all this intense lighting to pull a large yield out of it (dunno, you do the math on that one), all with only 2000w HPS.
If I only get 1 gpw (over 2.1 lb/light) I'm going to be a little disappointed, and I'm very new to hydro. That's w/o CO2 (or very little, like 600ppm, anyway).

Sorry to be so wordy, but it's really something worth looking into if you're not happy with your yields. It's almost impossible to not get a great yield growing vertically, especially if everything else goes well.

And you don't have to do a set up like mine either. I've seen people getting 3.5 lbs per light just by ditching their reflector and hanging their bulbs in between their plants, rather than over them. It takes a run to get used to it, but once you understand where your canopy should be, your yields should make up for any past disappointments.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Latest posts