What's new

2 light grow rooms ... lets see'em

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always appreciate your input brutha !!!! :tiphat:

theres foam insulation panels under each tray . & the main reason i went with 3 lights per 4 x 8 was the light spread more than the extra wattage . i have very low cielings (77" from cieling to floor ) & am a constant over vegger , so my plants get to big for my space & the outer edges of the trays were lacking in light , so without being able to raise the lights for a better spread , i added a 3rd light to get more spread .
yes i could put in smaller plants & more of them , but my veg space is small & i can only veg 12 plants at a time max . plus my cloning strike rate sux !!! & i'm lucky if i can get the 12 needed most times , let alone more .
i thought about 3 rows instead of 2 , but getting my old fat ass around in there with a row in the middle just ain't possible lol

but hell yeah if i had more head room that room would be set up totally different !

right now i'm working on my vegging , i'm topping & training plants more during the veg period to keep the shorter & bushier in hopes of NOT over growing my flower space , plus the nets help for the stretch also so i can tuck & super crop branches if they get to tall .

its all a work in progress Fred , i'm constantly changing things to try & make it more efficient .

Last edited:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll grab some pics tonight of the right side & how much better the nets filled out with some more topping & training in veg than the left side did . i'd say its almost double the amount of tops poking through the nets .

DB I clicked on your link to Buckethead and was truly amazed. I'm 64 and live in a media vacuum and would never have ever heard of him w/o your link.
Thanks man it was awesome.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no problem Nomad ! buckethead is a machine when it comes to playing that guitar & the amount of music he puts out without any commercial backing is truly amazing !

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres the pics of the right side i was talking about Fred , much better branching this time & they really filled out the nets this time !

GG4 at 21 days ..... still have to strip their legs , will get that done in the next couple days .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The left side is GG4 & SLG at 60 days ...... came out nice , but it coulda been fuller if i topped more in veg .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

like i said .... its all a work in progress as i figure out how to get the best from this set up . a row in the middle would just make it 10x harder to get in & work on them . so i gotta get the most i can with the 2 sides ..... it'll get better as it goes :)

i'm still debating on 6 or 9 plants in each tray ...... i'll decide after the right side is done & i see how much more i got from the bushier plants . 9 plants might just be to much !

Aspenou812

Veteran
Witch ones are the SLH crossed Dan? Is that SLG in the back of that row or the front? Hard to tell......

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 3 plants in the back of the first tray ...... & yes it is really hard to tell them apart looking at them . but the smells & tastes are totally different than GG4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
I probably need to just come and live under your stairs.......Call me a housekeeper and just throw bud at me from time to time.....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL Don't think the wife would be real happy about that ! but it sounds good to me ! :biggrin:

could help trim them too when its time ........ these are coming down tomorrow . well , one tray is , the other side i'll let go another week .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan,

Where do the trays drain to? Also, what drip setup you running? Custom?

i suck out the runoff with a buckethead shop vac . & my drip system is nothing special , just some 1/2" tubing to each tray in a loop , then 3/8ths" line off the 1/2" to the halos . all fed by a 396gph pump in a 55 gallon barrel . on a timer of course . easy shit ! why make it complicated ? :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
i suck out the runoff with a buckethead shop vac . & my drip system is nothing special , just some 1/2" tubing to each tray in a loop , then 3/8ths" line off the 1/2" to the halos . all fed by a 396gph pump in a 55 gallon barrel . on a timer of course . easy shit ! why make it complicated ? :biggrin:

View Image
What do you use to transition from the 1/2 to 3/8"? Does each tray have a separate res?

i use a 1/2" to 1/4"id plastic T & theres 2 trays per rez . i harvest 2 trays per month & the 2 sides are a month apart .

these aren't the exact ones i got , but close enough to show you . https://www.amazon.com/Tefen-Fittin...8-1-fkmr3&keywords=1/2+barbed+reducing+T+poly
Awesome! I'm running 2 of the 2gal ebb and gro systems right now and am trying to re-think my setup. I saw Alphaphase (don't think he's on here anymore) convert his ebb and gro into a drip system. He still uses the ebb and gro setup, but pops rockwool blocks in with the floraflex drip tops on them. I'm guessing the drip then feeds back down into the buckets and returns into the controller?

I really like your setup.

Also, do you pheno hunt or just run proven clones? Separate space to hunt?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! I'm running 2 of the 2gal ebb and gro systems right now and am trying to re-think my setup. I saw Alphaphase (don't think he's on here anymore) convert his ebb and gro into a drip system. He still uses the ebb and gro setup, but pops rockwool blocks in with the floraflex drip tops on them. I'm guessing the drip then feeds back down into the buckets and returns into the controller?

I really like your setup.

Also, do you pheno hunt or just run proven clones? Separate space to hunt?[/quote]
a little of both . mostly proven clone runs lately because of all the gifted genetics i've gotten in the last couple years . but i still do seed runs . i have 3 strains in veg now .

C

chris harris

Hey Dan, nice setup. I'm assuming your running a submersible pump. How you preventing syphoning? You have a "T" off the feed line, back to res?