What's new

1st run Purple Kush 2k 8 xl UC

BigGreen

Veteran
Well Im back in town and haven't even had a chance to check the girls yet. Be for I left I topped the nutes up to 1050 ppm. Everything was looking great and I hear good things about how they look from the rookie. I will surely be taking some photos tomorrow to share with you all. Im very excited to see the ebb tray that thing is wicked shit.

seek_UP

good show, my friend! I really like your setup. What size is the water pump you use for the recirculation and also what is the brand and model of that air pump? it looks like a beast! I'm also trying to figure out from the pictures how that system works. So, the larger tubing is a gravity return going back to the rez and the pump feeds nutes constantly to each bucket at high rate of flow, that much I can see. I saw a youtube video of one of these and what I don't understand is that the video show water is being pumped in the rez instead of out.

If you don't mind, can you show the setup of the plumbing? thanks homie

BigGreen

Veteran
Nice to have ya seek up.
The water that is being pumped into the controller bucket is actually being sucked threw all the buckets and spit back into the controller. Its all connected together. The pump is a mag drive pump. Im not sure of the size of it I would have to look.

BigGreen

Veteran
Update

Update

12 day 12/12.
I topped off the nutes in the uc to 1060 ppm and ph 5.8. The tray is at 1010 ppm ph 5.8. Everything is going nuts. I have added a screen to the tray and added a 600 watter. I will be adding pure flowers on Friday to get these buds poppin. I havent seen em in 6 days and they have grown.
Enough talk

Hempy buckets that have had a hard life lookin up tho

The beasts

Over grown tray just put in check.

I also raped the shit out of em again after the camera was put away.
Alls I can do now is watch the grass grow.

seek_UP

ahhh.. i see now, the bigger drain lines are actually hooked to the pump and are essentially a vacuum. What is the other line coming out of the bottom of the rez with a ball valve on in? In the video, it runs next to the main suction line and has 1/4" line coming off of it and into each bucket. Is that water being pumped to the buckets like a dripper system?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
God Damn! Those are massive stalks! So is your friend keeping PK in his garden? I'm really interested to hear if people have found a better strain.

Peace, :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys

Seek up: Them are old systems they are a feed line I don't have that on mine no need. The line hooked to a ball valve is a auto top off line so it keeps it filled to were you set the float.

Hydrosun: I smoked a joint of the pk last night and I was rocked kick ass weed. He still hasn't harvested yet he wants to let em get like 40%-50% amber. So far he likes it he was thinking it wasn't going to yield that well until he picked a little and it weighed up to be 2 1/2 zones. The quality is top notch.
Im excited to see what I get, these things are crazy. I have stems almost as fat as red bull cans. The pk is up top with the frostitute for sure man top notch. You really have to try frosty out. I'll try to get some pics of his right be for harvest early next week.

seek_UP

i see. so the dripper system isn't even needed. I'm going to build one of these systems and write a killer DIY thread for it. Can you take picture (whenever you have time) of the side of the controller/rez with the ball valve and nute return line going into it? I want to get an idea of the the hieghts those are mounted and what not. Also, I can see the air pump is a Danner but I can't tell what size it is. Do you know if it is a 40, 60 or 80? And if you think about it, take a quick look at the nute pump so I can get an idea about the needed GPH for this system to work right. I'm guessing it's 500+ GPH. Thanks homie and keep up the fine work!

BigGreen

Veteran
14 days 12/12

14 days 12/12

There eating like mad had to bump the nutes back to 1060 in both systems ph 5.9 uc & ph 5.6 tray. I also added some pure flowers to the tray at 1 ml per gal I will be switching that out with koolbloom to keep it all gh. Im not going to start the pure flowers in the uc until after the stretch. The girls in the tray have grown about 4-5 inches in the last 2 days I think the 600 is helping that.
Hydrosun I think you would like the dynarok II it is holding the plants so sturdy you cant even wiggle around the stem at the base. I recommend trying it out at least in one brute to see if you can see a difference in anything else.

Heres the bushes (group shots)

I let Daniel son try a little pruning on one he thinks it will make it bigger. The one on the right is one that hasn't been raped. We'll see what it does.

Heres a frostitute hempy bouncing back and a measurement on the tallest one in the uc with a some stem shots

Last but not least the tray that was out of control got bitch slapped and put in its place.

Let me know what ya think :jump:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I think it looks great and you are going to have one hell of a jungle. Also I think you will come back and tell us the pruned plant has just exploded.

I've already talked to the guys at the hydro shop about the Dynagrow II and I'll be picking that up next and skipping the Hydrotone.

You are six weeks away from heaven and only five weeks away from a flush, make these 35days count ;)

BigGreen

Veteran
Looks like Im gonna do a flush and hit em with the pure flowers tomorrow.
HS Im gonna do these pk right there going so good I cant wait for week 4 when they plump up. Do they look able to pull 1/2 # average from each plant? If its as good of a yielder as you say I should get that no problem. Im also thinking that I can pull 1# from the tray only time will tell. Thanks for this wonderful plant I dont see it ever leaving my garden.
I'll update tomorrow good luck to all

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Yes your plants look great no problems 4lbs from 8 plants and a lb from the tray and life is nice.

One Love 731

Veteran
looks great in here BG, I am the proud owner of this cut as well so know I'm always lurking. I'm going opposite of the current trend and getting ready for a large PK SOG. Keep up the good work. Karma, One

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Looking great bg
I gotta go hydro for a few reasons n the size of the monsters is nice.
I wish 2 uc12reg were much cheaper.
Looks more like trash cans for me. I really tired of soil knars buzzin round the room when I water. Even if I kill most they come back strong every run

BigGreen

Veteran
Whats up guys.
Onelove you see what happened to the ebb tray I have going it would of been perfect sog if I flipped it 4 days in. Now its just another bush of pot.

Sir ya gotta go hydro, if your handy you can make this system for 1/2 the cost. If ya got the room go vert with big tubs. Thats what I was thinking of trying but the plans came to a shit.

One Love 731

Veteran
I usually run 35-40 in a 4x4, lolipop the hell out of them at 2 weeks and harvest big beautiful top colas. Use 2.5-3' bamboo stakes and take the bottom 1/2-2/3 of the branches off, it gives all the energy to the tops and they fatten up nicely. It will be hard to cut branches off the PK but it will make for some good clones. Karma, One Love

BigGreen

Veteran
day 18 12/12

day 18 12/12

They just keep growing and growing and ...... so on.
They have grown from 37"-38" average to 42" in 3 days. I had to fill the auto top off rez today as well seems there drinking a shit load of water (50 gal 1 week) give or take a little.
I topped the UC off at 1260 ppm and ph 5.6 started the pure flowers at 1 ml per gal. Tray got topped of at 1200 ph 5.8.
They like it so hot they dont even have any tiny tip burn yet.
So far so good its looking up to get an average yield of 8 ozs per. Who know a couple look to be as big as Hs one he pulled out of the brute we'll see.

nuff said

Group
42" from bucket lid

Fuzzy tops

The trAY

A little sneak peak at the roots

I'll be doing a flush this weekend and doing my last pruning session I'll update then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts