What's new

1st run Purple Kush 2k 8 xl UC

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
freakin sweet dude!! i cant wait to hear some final numbers and a smoke report. so how many week or day strain is this pk?

Raphael

Big Green I got a set of sprung bags and they rock!

Try this link out haha cheers

That pk looks sweet I have some Blue Dream coming around the bend at day 46 in my sig...I used to run a rdwc similar to xl uc as well...everything looks very nice keep it up :D

BigGreen

Veteran
Greenthumb I guess this strain usually gos like 56 days but not in my room its cooler than others and is going to take a little longer do to all the under brush on the big ones.
Thanks raphael

Hit a detour didnt make it over yet still trying to get there if I do pics asap

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Greenthumb I guess this strain usually gos like 56 days but not in my room its cooler than others and is going to take a little longer do to all the under brush on the big ones.
Thanks raphael

Hit a detour didnt make it over yet still trying to get there if I do pics asap

Also I think the UC keeps so much dissolved O2 in the water that the plants just stay greener longer. How do the PKs in the tray look compared to the UC, are they ripening and getting purple quicker?

:joint:

I hope you have good health insurance because 10 days from now you will get a nasty case of carpal tunnel syndrome from trimming. (It's my own personal favorite occupational hazard.)

BigGreen

Veteran
Update day 61 12/12

Update day 61 12/12

Things are still green as hell in the UC. I drained and filled with tap water the ppm sits at 300.
The tray seems to have some root issues due to over watering but shes gonna still finish. I plan to pick it this weekend.
Im not going to pick the UC until she is totally ripe with nice dark purple top colas. Im thinking mid next week. (hoping)

Heres some pics of the tray

Heres the UC starting to get ripe

and 1 lone sensi star in a hempy

Im pretty sure the UC is amking it take longer do to how healthy everything is they just keep packing on weight.
Anybody wanna take a shot at yield for the UC.

Good luck BG

angel4us

ICMag Donor
way to go green

way to go green

nice job green!!! never did anything longer than 49 days (ripened boggelgum)and dont think i have the patience - wow worth the wait -i'll have to get working on patient skills and definitely have to try bogs lengthier genetics....:blowbubbles:

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks angel4us. Patience is everything in this game, you have to get that in your head first thing. This strain usually goes 50-56 days but not in the UC it makes them so dam healthy they are taking a little longer.
Good luck

Befri

Imagine what a few vertical bulbs would do on each side along with the XXXL going with it!!! 13gal UC+4k vertical lights = priceless!!

Looking really good BG!!! Mad respect! :smokeit:

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys.
Ive been wanting to throw some vertical bulbs around for some time now. Time will tell.
One day of flush down about 6 more to go.

You treat the girls in that tray like second-class citizens, but they look lovely to me! Maybe not quite as beautiful as the rich Vegas showgirls in their fancy UC rides, but definitely sexy in their own way despite your neglect.

And yes, it's the middle of the afternoon and I am still wasted from last night.

BigGreen

Veteran
Ya sometimes I feel bad for the girls in the tray. There tucked in the corner not getting much attention when Im in the room. If I would of taken better care for them I would of had some huge colas. The root issue is slowing the growth on the buds.
Thanks for the kind words

I was trying to be funny in my own stupid stoned-hungover way, but all kidding aside, the girls in the tray look pretty damn good to me. I know they aren't the focus of this thread, but for semi-castoffs they look great. If I remember correctly, you have a tray with a couple of inches of media, and you just flooded and drained it...I've heard many people have had root issues when they layer a tray with rocks or hydroton; what would you have done differently?

BigGreen

Veteran
I would of only flooded 2 or 3 times a day after the flip. I would only veg no more than 5 days as well. Im sure theres a huge root mat in there.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
why r the buds so small in week 9

That strain has dense buds all the way through the plant not just at the tops. It is my understanding that BG's friend ran the PK and the Frostitute and the PK out yielded Frost. I use Phospoload to fatten up buds.

BG did you use a bloom enhancer?

:joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Hs yes indeed I used a booster. I used pure flowers and ya should see em now. They have been getting fatter and fatter everyday. Wait until you see the finished top colas from the 2 52" plants. There only like 3" long but there gonna be about as fat as a pop can when finished. I have some buds on the bottom that aint getting any light that are as fat as some that are right under the light. Very good strain and a great yielder I still dont have any idea of what Im going to get out of the UC I hope I get at least 2#s per light.
I'll take some new pics tomorrow night when Im trimming the tray.