What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Indoor Grow DWC LED Dos Si Dos 33

I have ordered GH pH+, it was a toss up between that or the Biobizz, GH won for its silica, bloody expensive compared to the US though, and I had to order it from Germany.

I am going to concentrate on upping the EC to get some more nutes to the ladies for now and fill my 100l butt when the RO comes.

Good idea with the roots. I am in a bit of a bind now and will just see this grow out and keep a better eye on it next time. I guess I will be treating the rez like the guy trying to shorten a the legs of a chair without a measure.

I live out in the countryside where it is pleasant and quaint, nice scenery but nothing like Colorado. You are most welcome.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Was it the powdered version? If not, start searching for a supplier who will ship it to you. Since you're where you are, it'll be the best option for you over time. Pick up a 1K bucket, it won't be that expensive. Seal it in multiple canning pint jars when you get it. The main concern is letting moisture get to it before you use it. Sealed in jars it will last for decades. :)

You'll be surprised how long it will take you to go through a pint of powdered pH up. ;)

It's a litre of liquid, at least the bottle looks like liquid, didn't even realise there was a powdered version. I'll have a look for it. Thanks again.

Day 67

Day 67

Following Douglas' advice I have upped my EC and I've seen twice the usual growth already but the plants are in stretch so maybe that is an illusion.

Image_Day 67 1.jpg

Image_Day 67 2.jpg

Image_Day 67 4.jpg

Image_Day 67 5.jpg

Day 74

Day 74

EC 1.5
pH 6.41
Day 24°C
Night 20°C
RH 55%

They seem to be growing much better now apart from two that have their roots bound.

Tangie 4 at F22

Image_Day 74 2.jpg

There are two plants there and as you can see they are much smaller than the others, partly from me chopping off the roots of one when I moved it and now they are rebound.

Image_Day 74 3.jpg

This one seems to have some odd colouring, looks like it might have some N def.

Image_Day 74 4.jpg

Day 80

Day 80

Day 19 flower
EC 1.6
pH 6.31
Day 24°C
Night 20°C
RH 50%

Seeing some yellowing of the leaves and some are starting to die, which seems a little early at nineteen days of flower. Is that normal?

Image_Day 80 1.jpg

Image_Day 80 2.jpg

Image_Day 80 3.jpg

Image_Day 80 4.jpg

Day 87

Day 87

Day 25 flower
EC 1.7
pH 5.53
Day 24°C
Night 20°C
RH 45%

Plants are starting to smell now. Had lots of yellowing leaves that are getting picked off as they come up. Would like to get the space cooler but will need to get an AC at some point.

Image_Day 87 1.jpg

Image_Day 87 2.jpg

Image_Day 87 3.jpg

Image_Day 87 4.jpg

Day 101

Day 101

Day 39 flower
EC 1.8
pH 6.05
Day 24°C
Night 20°C
RH 45%

Not much going on except watching the buds fatten up. I really messed up with the underfeeding during veg and I think it will hurt my final yield, live and learn.

Image_Day 101.39  1.jpg

Image_Day 101.39  2.jpg

Image_Day 101.39  3.jpg

Image_Day 101.39  4.jpg

Image_Day 101.39  5.jpg

Wow! Beautiful plants! Don't stress about the yield, it always takes a few runs to optimize things... I think you're gonna have one hell of a tasty harvest!!

One question, are you using your dehuey water to water them? I though about this but the read that it's not advised because it can contain heavy metals/harbor pathogens (both for plants and humans). What do you think about it? Have you seen other people use it? Could you link me to any sources? That would make for a more efficient grow water-wise for sure, using what essentially is distilled water just to flush the toilet always felt like a waste...

Thanks very much Grandma, good to hear encouraging words. I really messed up my feeding during veg and was underfeeding them but have that sorted now. I started another identical tent and am at day seven of flower, you can see https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=372206

I started both tents with tap water 0.5EC 8.1pH and it was a problem with all the pH down I needed which was pushing my EC too high or so I thought. I have made the switch to RO water now but will finish this tent off with tap. At the start I was using the dehuey water to feed my humidifier, it wasn't enough and I bought a bunch of 5l cans, now I am getting more dehuey water than I need so I have refilled the empty cans for the next go. On the other tent I have switched to filling it with RO but have been using the dehuey water like today when I filled it with 4.5l of d-water. I have been using an ozonator to pump ozone into the solution occasionally and I gave it a dose of H2O2 and will again on the flush.

The RO machine is so wasteful and I don't want to throw the d-water away.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

That other tent looks promising as well!

How do you think underfeeding affected your grow?

Why do you have dehumidifier AND humidifier running together?

I don't know, I'm in soil, so most of what you have going on here sounds like aline technology, but I would think it should be ok to us it in the humidifier, as heavy metals/pathogens could stay in the reservoir and not evaporate (although I can imagine also the mist containing lost of bacteria/fungi/viruses).

I really don't know. In my mind the problem with dehumidifiers is that they are not made with human consumption in mind, so they can contain heavy metals and shit you don't want on your plants, and also because there is a container continually being filled with distilled water it's easy for bacteria to grow there in the long run.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The RO machine is so wasteful and I don't want to throw the d-water away.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Two things help significantly with r/o machines. First you need to reduce the waste by making sure of at least two basic things. 1: Your water pressure is at least 60psi, and preferably 80psi. 2: Your flow restrictor is a 1:1.

As for 'waste' water, it's only waste if you waste it. You can run your waste line a long ways, as long as it's not in danger of freezing. Run it to a storage tank of some kind. A mag drive pump and hose lets you use it as the wash water for your car, clothes, water for the garden/flowers and so on. It's perfectly good water with minerals.
:tiphat:

Thanks Douglas, I am fully onboard with the RO thing. I was discharging into a 25 l bucket but somehow three days ago missed my alarm to go check and let the thing overflow for a few hours, came back home to water dripping from the ceiling. Fortunately it didn't do any noticeable damage. That is the third and worst flooding now for this first grow. Need to get a much longer discharge hose. Who thought having three open 100l water containers upstairs would be so hazardous.

That other tent looks promising as well!

How do you think underfeeding affected your grow?

Why do you have dehumidifier AND humidifier running together?

I don't know, I'm in soil, so most of what you have going on here sounds like aline technology, but I would think it should be ok to us it in the humidifier, as heavy metals/pathogens could stay in the reservoir and not evaporate (although I can imagine also the mist containing lost of bacteria/fungi/viruses).

I really don't know. In my mind the problem with dehumidifiers is that they are not made with human consumption in mind, so they can contain heavy metals and shit you don't want on your plants, and also because there is a container continually being filled with distilled water it's easy for bacteria to grow there in the long run.

Hi Grandma, I made a rookie mistake with my nutrients as I was using 0.5-6 EC tap water, I was trying to feed my plants with 1 EC but didn't subtract the tap and pH- EC from the final mix so I was only really giving them 0.3 EC of nutes. This has stunted the plants, I remedied this with the other tent and have seen a marked improvement.

The huey is used in the early stages of the grow and has been pretty idle during flowering, now the dehuey is doing all the work. I will back off using the dehuey water once I have the RO production dialled in and just use the dehuey water for the huey in future. I have been dosing the rez with ozone and H2O2 to help with oxygenation and sterilisation infrequently.

I think I will be investing in a split AC system at some point as the heat has been rising too much to keep the lights on full power. They are currently running at 60%.

I think I was getting CO2 issues as well so I made a hydrochloric acid limestone CO2 generator to up the levels some.

Day 108

Day 108

Day 47 flower
EC 1.8
pH 5.9
Day 28°C
Night 24°C
RH 45%

I had not really noticed how frosty the plants are getting until these photos, which has brought a smile to my face. Heat is the biggest issue I am facing right now so I will probably look at an AC for next year.

Image_Day 108. 47 01.jpg

Image_Day 108. 47 02.jpg

Image_Day 108. 47 03.jpg

Image_Day 108. 47 04.jpg

Image_Day 108. 47 05.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts