What's new

1989 NL 5

OZZ_

Veteran
Can I ask where you found bodhi's NL5 line? I didn't think there were any more packs available?

Sorry q3, not sure how I missed this.

I scored these from a generous member, they are “F2’s” of an open pollination that he did himself, of Bodhis NL.

TheDarkStorm

NL5 is a classic, but my favorite representation will always be that Collins Cough or "C1" that came from NL5xHaze beens from the SSSC.

In 2009 or 2010 an ICMag user popped up out of nowhere and delivered me that clone along with the Pineapple Cough. Those cuts didn't escape the Lake County fire that ended that era for me and thus never made it into OR rec.

That cut has to still be out there.

The cough came from the seedbank/nevil...its the old 5c.....alot of people gett mixed up with sssc an the seedbank....but nevil owned the seedbank...although he did supply sssc with seeds for some of ther lines.

T

TakenByTheSky

Here is some of my purple phenos bodhi NL5 right before it got the axe at about 8 weeks.

picture.php

T

TakenByTheSky

This is the other bodhi NL5, this is the SOG pheno, it will go a week longer. I can't see myself keeping this plant around, I hate plants that grow like this and as you can see it's quite leafy.

picture.php

T

TakenByTheSky

That plant definitely leans toward the BCSC NL#5 side.

Tht plant ended up being bud rot on a stick, super shit pheno. I clipped off a few not moldy buds but the rest went right into the trash.

The other one is decent, albeit medium potency it's a nice enjoyable happy kind of high. Not sedative or dark like a lot of indicas.

I was kind of expecting more to be honest I've seen better NL plants come out of Nirvana seeds. I might poke around with a few more from the pack but over all just meh... I don't like that leafy one cola plant at all, that thing was total shit. I haven't smoked it yet but I can't see it being overly spectacular.

Hopefull Stoner

I was somehow unaware that I was already following them on IG. Now I'm on their mailing list. Thanks!

was at their page earlier today before i came here. their original page is gone but 1 page is up and says it's their backup page and has 1 post.

i was looking into them because i wanted to see their plants grown and not just typical IG top bud pics only.

So, exactly who is Seattle Greg ? i saw on the pretender OG someone asked a question and mentioned him but got no answer.
please fill me in. thx.

also recall sensi offering a NL combo with the juniper berry taste in the description. it's NL#5 X NL#2 LOOKED ONLINE INSTEAD oF GOING DOWN STAIRS hehe.

i've got pure N#5 10 BEANS AND THE SAME NL#5 X ATF . pretty sure those NL#5 came from Melvan . i'll verify eventually frm the source of the beans.:party:

Hopefull Stoner

so this was what i saw on another site.
poster is reallifegrows May '19

Was hoping someone could chime in on old Steve Murphy & if anything remains from those days.

From what I’ve heard, his afghani was the one used in the making of Northern Lights (#1-11 or 12)

NL Seattle Greg would know I’m positive, but haven’t heard from him lately; otherwise this info doesn’t really seem to be out there much.

Cheers!

why couldn't i just edit my post to add this tidbit. i just posted in a thread and i saw edit at the bottom of my post. what'd up with that shit ?

Hopefull Stoner

in this thread more info on NL as well as what greg said too. can i post a link to another pot site here without getting banned ? let me check the tou hmm

Nirrity

14 pages and no one ever even mentioned what was so special about that '89 NL ? What the high was like, flavours, taste, etc. nowadays NL being suggested as a low odor stealth plant, did old version have the same low odor trait? in any case, what the smell was like?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
14 pages and no one ever even mentioned what was so special about that '89 NL ? What the high was like, flavours, taste, etc. nowadays NL being suggested as a low odor stealth plant, did old version have the same low odor trait? in any case, what the smell was like?

What's so special about the 89NL? It's a perfect line to breed with.

q3corn

oh, and that's all ...

i guess nobody remember what it was like to be high on old NL, how did it smell, taste, etc.. by now.

What do you remember? Please share! I wasn't smoking cannabis until '02 so I wasn't there for it.

I've grown northern lights several times, although it's unclear where the clone I got came from. The flavor was mild, slightly fruity with a lot of earth. The high was relaxing but not sedative, very good for stress relief and giggles.

I've got some NL Blvd seeds (NL5xNL5/NL2) that are going to be one of my next grows. Since those are all based on the seed bank's original stock, I'll have a better example for myself of the '89 NL high.

The NL#5 clone that I had years ago had glossy/shiny leaves, frosty nugget type buds and it smelled strongly of fruity pebbles cereal and pine. The high was paralyzing. Seasoned smokers would quit after a few tokes to take a breather. I always let mine run 9-10 weeks and cured it for over a month. I must say that a good cure is key. NL or any of it's hybrids need a long cure. Many people make the mistake of rushing it and then say it's mediocre or it's just ok .Trust me it's worth the wait. It can run neck and neck with the best out there. The old growers out here know what i'm talking about.

The NL i had in 08' was incredibly light green, had a sugary sweet musk, absolutely no OG or offputting skunk flavors whatsoever, was very sticky and still to this day was one of the best samples of nug i've ever had

other peoples descriptions of cereal and honey makes me think they have had similar experiences.

if anyone knows who makes a northern lights like this feel free to chime in, ill be on the hunt for it until i've found it