What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

190W-235W CFL - Nirvana NL5 in a rubbermaid tub

threeeleven

blynx said:
Very nice!!!!
Are you running this strain again? or going to try a new one next round?

Thanks for asking that! I meant to post that info but I just forgot :rasta: ... I planted 7 DP Oasis beans, 4 have popped and are under a 6500K CFL... waiting for the other 3 to pop... these seeds are from also from 2003, so i'm not too sure if they will all pop.... I picked Nirvana for my first time because they were $15 back then and it worked out pretty well, I also bought some DP beans back then too with the intention of growing them out after a successful harvest of the Nirvana NL...

If anyone doesn't know DP Oasis is a NL#2 selection, these seeds should be a bit more uniform than the Nirvana beans as well as low odor and low stretch, two requirements for my grow setup.

bongasaurus said:
very nice!

Thank you bro! Check back soon and I'll have pics of Plant C and a link to my second grow!

Last edited:
awesome results man, you and i started our grows around the same time, and unfortunately i had to cull all my babies due to my own stupid errors...i'm so glad everything went well for your rubbermaid grow, and it really inspires me now that i'm on my second attempt. Im very interested in your final yield also...wish me luck on my attempt! im hoping to get results just like yours.

ps. how close did you keep them in their vegetative state?

threeeleven

FreezerBoy said:
CFLs in a rubbermaid. I'm gabberflasted. Beautiful work.

Thanks bro! I laughed SO HARD last night at the last picture when I read your freezer thread.... I even posted the link in the chat and others were cracking up too! :muahaha: :joint:

threeeleven

Dr Herbivore said:
awesome results man, you and i started our grows around the same time, and unfortunately i had to cull all my babies due to my own stupid errors...i'm so glad everything went well for your rubbermaid grow, and it really inspires me now that i'm on my second attempt. Im very interested in your final yield also...wish me luck on my attempt! im hoping to get results just like yours.

ps. how close did you keep them in their vegetative state?

I wish you the best luck on your second try... I'm absolutely sure that the lessons learned from your first try will be valuable during the second..

How close did I keep the plants to the light in veg? I'm not totally sure what you are asking :rasta:

BaBaBooeyVT said:
one of the best cfl grows iv seen good job

That's a mighty nice compliment... thank you bro

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
threeeleven said:
I laughed SO HARD last night at the last picture when I read your freezer thread....

Well, Thank you. I can't imagine I have anything to teach anyone here except how NOT to do things. If I can amuse some along the way, I'll take it. :bashhead:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
bravo!!!!!!!! bravo!!!!!!!!!! puff puff and puff some more.. peace

sack

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice grow mate im doing a nirvanas vs sensi's northern lights grow at the moment ill make a log and be sure ill post pics........

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Lovely harvest my friend good job and congrats!!! :headbange gotta love them cfl's ... it's threads like this that make me wonder how people on here don't believe Dr.Bud about cfl. Looking forward to the next grow bro :rasta:

I'm at 4 weeks

threeeleven

Wow, I never realized this thread got bumped again after January... but:

Benji, Strainy, Thundurkle (nice pics), minigreens... thanks for checking in with kinds words... (+rep for you fellas!)

Sorry I never responded... I wasn't aware my thread was bumped after so many months... so I figured I'd bump it again to thank you guys and hopefully to inspire someone else who just wants to grow their own smoke... and easily (you don't even have to keep thorough grow log :muahaha:)!!

PS: I'll be back with something up my sleeve, that's for sure! In the meantime, check out THE LOONY BIN ... I've been admitted as a patient myself! :jump: :joint:

basspirate

Just found this thread. Cfls's are the fucking path to cheap cannabis enlightenment. Inspiration. Beautiful, beautiful grow.