What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Loony Bin

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
My friends from the boards have seen me throw up some shots and info of my homemade, grow tent, rooms during the past month or so. But, I figured it'd be better to have a place for my regular updates and keep track of my grow's progress for reference. So.............................

Welcome to "The Loony Bin"

imnotcrazy

Veteran
First things first, for those who don't know, there are TWO flower rooms here @ The Bin. Both are 4'W x 4'D x 6.5'H, Homemade Grow Tents, built of 2" x 4" lumber and Panda Plastic AKA Black/White Poly.

Flower Room #1 AKA The Ebb & Flow Room: 2 - 2' x 3' Flood Trays under a Radiant 6 Air Cooled hood. Cooling the lamp is a 6" Fantech Inline fan pulling through the soon to be built SunIsShining Carbon Filter.

Room #1:

No real updates on this room as of yet, still vegging, cloning etc for moms which I have found to be NECESSARY if you want to fill trays even on this small scale. The plants in the above pic are in bad shape right now as do the ones that are in the other tray(not shown). I tried to fill the trays as things rooted but ran into big issues because the clones weren't healthy/established enough (some took off, some didn't. Now the canopy is nowhere near even). I'm honestly considering just removing the ones not in the pic and filing that half of the room with 1 gal Pro Mix filled grobags just to get a move on things.... That'd buy me some time to establish some mother plants and let me decide, not half assed like now, what exactly to do with the trays.

Room #2 AKA Grow Bag Room:

This room is lit by 2 lamps (600HPS and 400 HPS/MH switchable)for a bit better penetration through the canopy/ability to have lamps at 2 different heights for running multiple strains and having a semi-perpetual rotation within this room. Plus I have the added benefit of using mixed spectrum, HPS and MH. Both lamps are hung in 6" cooltubes and the same ventilation setup as room 1 is used here (6" Fantech and S.I.S. Carbon Filter).

Room #2:

At Onset of Flower, 5-1-08:

And Two Weeks Flower, 5-15-08:

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

Veteran
And "The Loonies" Starting Lineup:

And "The Loonies" Starting Lineup:

All @ Week 2 Flower

Sherry XL

"Bastard" OG Kush:

SSSDH:

Strawberry Diesel:

UK Cheese:

Cripple Creek/Sputnik 2.0:

Bubba Kush:

R

Raistlin Majere

great start, gonna be some nice beauties for sure
:lurk: i got the popcorn LOL

imnotcrazy

Veteran
MORE Cripple Creek/Sputnik 2.0 Info

MORE Cripple Creek/Sputnik 2.0 Info

A few others and I did some digging/searching and dug up some background info on this strain for my fellow F.U.C.K. E.M. doods

Cripple Creek = Tom Hill's Pine Tar Kush/ Tom Hill's Deep Chunk

Sputnik 2.0 = Black Russian/ (Black Russian/Apollo13) AKA Sputnik 1.0

The Sputnik line was bred by SubCool:

"What is Sputnik?

So we now had a Purple plant that I loved the looks the flavor even the buzz in the mornings. Black Russian even has scissor goo that looks like grape taffy. The problem is I am known for devastating potency and incredible raised trichomes. Now if you follow us at all you know I think Grimm’s Apollo-13 is the cure all to lack of potency and so far I have been absolutely correct. So we take a male using our same criteria with a new twist, we budded all the males out and selected the one with the most purple coloring. Now we can have a month long discussion on botany and argue if this works or not or like we did make it and grow it out and see what happens.

Its Pink!
What happened was amazing!:

We also use the power of the internet and through auction release the new hybrid to hundreds of growers all across the land. What we found out is there are two basic phenotypes in SP 1 a Pink/purple pheno that is much better than Black Russian with hint of A-13 and a great deal more resin than any of the BR phenotypes. This was about what I expected in the outcross and we ran Pinky several times enjoying every bud, but more so it was just an amazing plant to take pictures of so I kept it around

Whitey:

The other phenotype was the big surprise. About day 30 the White phenotype we nick named simply whitey was forming a much more dense Cola and had a smell that reminded me of Fanta Blue Cream Soda. As time went out say week 6 in 12/12 she started smelling nasty like rotting turkey of something bizarre past day 56 she started getting sweet but the weird meat or stale refrigerator smell kinda lingered in the bottom. We jarred it and I didn’t touch it for a few weeks. One morning I was surprised at a sweet/sour smell that was very nice and that cream soda smell had returned. I smoked a few bowls while answering e-mails and all the sudden noticed I was extremely high. My peripheral vision was shot and space and time slowed to a crawl.
Later I sent some samples to TOB and she commented it made her trees seem cartoon like. I knew we had a winner and released it.

Wow:
So now I have an established dank color strain but I am more intrigued with the Whitey genetics. We crack a load of Sputnik 1 and select a male that does not have any purple traits visible. We later learned it was still passed on but in smaller percentages. The coolest thing is Apollo-13 taken late past 65 days gets color as well!

SP 2.0:
So we grow out Sp 2 and basically we have a mystery. Its really good like as good or in some cases better than the A-13. It looks extremely similar to Apollo but has a added sweet taste that is very pleasing. We are also pleased to say that the Pink/Purple gene still lurks inside the Sp 2 just at a much lower percentage. I will try and get TOB to show off her sp 2 pics she just harvested a pheno.

Ok clarification
Sputnik 1.0 contained a female we named pinky and one caled whitey.

SP 2 is a back cross of SP 1 to the A-13 mom making this a Square of apollo.
I have seen several packs of SP 2 grown out and the make up if pretty even between the two types. WE did NOT use a purple male to make sp2 as more apollo-13 traits were the goal.

SP2 does get very big and the buds are not so dence as to invite mold. It does reak pretty good though

Sub"

As you guys can see, the Pedigree of this plant speaks for itself. Both of Tom Hill's crosses used are considered IBL's so CC should be F1 quality hybrid and the Sputnik line also had inbreeding done, not to the detriment of the line in many people's eyes....... ENJOY :joint:

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
Get 'em loony!!!! :jump: :woohoo:

I'm working on designing a grow-pod myself......love the loony bin!!!!! :lurk:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
about fucking time!!!!!!!!
this diary is a long time coming.
congrats on getting back on your feet again buddy :D
i will be lurking, critiquing, judging and i'll see you at harvest time :muahaha:

U

UBER21

Tagged!!!!!!!!!!! pulling up the tight ass beach chair for this one gotta lose some weight...lol.....nice chit mang.......

F

Father Time

looking good ther Mate,
taging this thread to follow along the grow, some great genetics, will keep you in meds for a little while... :headbange

Kind Regards, Ft :wave:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
sweet, im in the padded room next door if you need anything.... good luck with everything.. great info on the sputnik!

Xtrakritical

Nice shit bro!

I swear I posted here, but guess not! lol musta been a dream!

"I HAD A DREAM"

Everything looks great! Keep it goin' Bro!

Xtra

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your girls look great crazy!! ....Im pullin up a seat for this one!!..frank move over dammit!!...your takin up the whole couch!!! :D

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Tagged I have a feeling the meds in this loony bin are pretty good LOL.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
INC are your fingers ok yet? listen i heard the warden is having a big shindig in his office, we should pick up that nympho chick from down the hall and check it out... you down? can you tell the guy in cell 2a to stop beating it all over the place.. its really starting to smell. i would do it but he smiles at me funny. why do the straight jackets smell so funny here?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
saw the link in F.U.C.K.E.M thread....hope your ok..tagged it meanwhile :wave:

Glad I finally found your show bro
You are very thorough and on point with your descriptions and information, much respect brethren

keep it green and FUCKEM

L

Lune TNS

This should be great, and I consider myself more than luney enough to take a seat... :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts