What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

190W-235W CFL - Nirvana NL5 in a rubbermaid tub

gromer

65,85 and 100 watt cfls can all be bought at home depot from 40 to 50 bux.Although I just read somthing today about their lumen to watt ratio not being as high as the smaller 30 watt bulbs.But I still like em the 65s can easily be customed into a grow light by simply pulling the bulb and ballast out of its case and adiing a 120v plug.Wierd these largere home depot cfls have a seperate ballast and the so called grow cfls of the same wattage have it intergrated into the base of the bulb.But they also cost about twice as much and require a mogul socket.Ill stick to the home growers depot specials myself.

threeeleven

I bought them from 1000bulbs.com - fast, discreet and a giant selection...

From the site:

105W - 6900lumens = 65.7 lum/watt
42W - 2800lumens = 66.6 lum/watt

not much difference from what I see :joint:

Last edited:

threeeleven

Update time!

Here we are at Day 32 of flowering. Things have been going slow and steady. I have been watering every 4-6 days (when the pot feels light) with FN bloom... I'm thinking of trying to start feeding a little heavier now because I haven't been getting any signs of burn with the amount I've been feeding them, and they are starting to fatten up. Let me know what you think about that.

Here are some pics from today...

The big plant (A)... smells like delicious hash when rubbed against

The main cola of the big plant (A)

And finally a pic of the smaller plant (C), here you can see how much A really dominated C in size. Thinking about trimming the lower growth of C because it is shaded by plant A... let me know what you think about that too.

peace!

theres so much leaf on there quite a bit could die off before you buds would go. Ive had trouble with flushing some strains so id rather have it yellowing at 32 days. you dont have much time left.

peace

C

Classyathome

Nice work - congrats...

NL is very tasty candy - the nicest giggle weed I ever grew.

diggity

Looking good man, enjoy

Definitely dig the set up and all, inspirational for noobies like me.

281094-8-07_2222_005-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

threeeleven

Ok here we go! Finally GOOD pictures!

This is Day 42 of 12/12. Now the action is happening... this is what we've all been waiting for! Feeding them 10-13ml/g of FloraNova Bloom and will stop feeding about 10-14 days before I think they will be harvested. Enough of the chat.. on to the pics!

Here's a group shot in the rubbermaid tub:

Here's pictures of the big hashy plant (A):

And a Macro of the top cola of plant (A) (sorry about the shadow):

And now for the small plant (C):

Closeups of small plant (C):

Well that's where I'm at so far.... I hope you've enjoyed looking at these ladies as much as I have... getting pretty excited for harvest time! Any feedback or comments are always appreciated!

yeknomssa

awesome grow man. looks like you've gotten some great results with terranova. i've got a rubber maid setup myself, though its a bit smaller than yours.

threeeleven

Thanks for the kind words, all. The positive feedback makes it easier to sit back and enjoy the grow and not overthink it.

greendream: lookin good, you'll be surprised how much bigger they get in the next few weeks...

I'll probably take more pics the next time I water (few days).... Glad everyone is enjoying... shit I know I am!

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Just thought i'd put my 2 minute chicken noodles down and drop by to offer some constructive criticism

Looking good!! keep up the good work

Last edited:

threeeleven

Ladies and Gentlemen you knew it was coming sooner or later. A sample bud. Today is Day 46 of 12/12. I wasn't planning on taking a sample bud because since my yield is going to be micro why decrease it further, ya know? Today I opened my tub and realized that I didn't close it last time with caution and crushed a stem below a budsite. I know it would've lived, but it was bent over and not getting any light, and looked so sparkly and delicious, so I snatched it. Gave a light feeding today, and will start flushing next watering. Checked the trichs and about 20% are amber. Everything looking good so far.

Sample bud pics:

Untrimmed:

Trimmed:

What do you guys think?

Last edited: