What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

190W-235W CFL - Nirvana NL5 in a rubbermaid tub

threeeleven

Day 48 of 12/12....

got a bit of a problem... what I thought was just a normal late-flower N def turned out to be something more..... over 2 days a normal bottom-to-top yellowing turned into this:

Crunchy dry, rusty leaf tips and some brown/black spots on older fan leaves.

And a close up, you can see one of the bud leaves is crispy as well.

Here's a nice macro of the plant to brighten this post up:

I'm thinking of grabbing a pH pen and flushing with pH-adjusted water... I'm getting nervous that this is happening at day 48 of flower... what do you all think?

blackone

Veteran
I think I've seen those crispy tips when overdosing P. Crispy leaves can also be a sign of P underdosing, but when it's only the tips I don't think that's the case? Anyway it's time for flushing now, so don't worry about nutes any more - she has done what she can do now and just needs to get ready for the chop:)

diggity

bummer, maybe the closet isn't that clean? idk man. how was the sample? sure is looking good otherwise, though

threeeleven

Hey all thanks for the insight and kind words...

diggity said:
bummer, maybe the closet isn't that clean? idk man. how was the sample? sure is looking good otherwise, though

Could be... but I figured if it wasn't clean I'd see signs of it before now.. but I guess you never know.... The sample was surprisingly excellent.... It was airy, but dried out in 2-3 days and smells nice and fruity and gets me pretty lifted. I can tell its immature (obviously, day 46) because the high doesn't last too long, but it still does the job... Can't wait to see what they are like after 60 days flowering!

K

khaleel

diggity said:
I'm really impressed with what fluros can do!

let's show 'em just what they can do brother. :pimp3:

i thought i'd better check out your thread, outstanding stuff. very lush plants in the beginning. the browning and dying off shit going on now is just the leaves dying to give up nitrogen for growth. (btw the general rule i go by is once something is 50% or more dead/brown/sick/yellow/spotted, clip the bugger off. per the OG's lol) as far as the actual reason they're dying, they yellowed up so quickly it makes me wonder... did you switch to the bloom nutes the same day you switched the light to 12/12? if so, there wouldn't be enough nitrogen stores in the plant to feed the stretch (your plants were switched over under four weeks right? this lack of veg. maturity makes "the stretch" kick in during the first few weeks of bloom, burning lots of nitrogen as the plant hurries to reach a stage of veg. maturity so it can start the reproductive/flower cycle). and so nitrogen would be the first nute def., pretty early on too. for future grows, try mixing in a small amount of veg nutes in with the bloom nutes for the first week or two of bloom. some folks even just keep using the veg nutes solely. myself, i just pour a touch of this in with that and it takes care of the needs so it can make it to week five or so before any strong yellowing. still plenty of time to flush out before harvest.

whew. am i rambling? hahaha killer thread man, keep it up! cheers

:muahaha:

Last edited:

threeeleven

Hey guys small update here...

Today is Day 60 of 12/12... Trichs on Plant A are about 30-50% amber depending on where I take the sample from, they are about 40% amber on Plant C. I've been taking a samples here and there, because honestly I'd rather smoke some slightly immature homegrown than pay $20 for less than a gram here....

Sample at day 48: Uplifting, racy high, didn't last too long 30-60 minutes
Sample at day 52: More balanced high, still didn't last too long
Sample at day 55: Very nice indica stone, lasting 60-120 minutes depending on how much I've consumed during the day

I just cut another bud tonight, I think they are basically done, so I'll call this a pre-harvest treat. I will be harvesting the rest in about 3 days... Here are some pics of the Day 60 bud:

Be sure to check back in a few days to see the final harvest pics! :canabis:

threeeleven

Day 62 was the chop. Here are just a couple of pics from the harvest, I will make a full post when I wake up but its 5:15am right now and I'm out of gas...

threeeleven

Ok so here we have it. So far I have chopped and trimmed plant A (except for the very small popcorn nugs). I chopped plant C at the base and hung it. I'm trying both ways - trimming before hanging with plant A and trimming after drying with plant C. Enough of that let's get to some pics!

Those pics are all of just plant A... I will take more pics of Plant C after its tried and trimmed.... Not sure of the wet harvest weight as I don't currently have a scale, but it looks like a pretty decent first-timer harvest for 2 ladies under 190W of CFL!

threeeleven

Siddartha said:
wow, nice haul, looks crystally and dense, which is most peoples complaint about flouros

Thanks for the kind words.... They are covered nicely with trichs and they are pretty dense until they are dried... they are still dense when dry just not rock hard... but pretty good for fluoros nonetheless.... the potency is a 7/10 right now without a cure... it's a nice functional stone... I'm diggin it!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice!!!!
Are you running this strain again? or going to try a new one next round?