What's new

18,000 watt sealed flower room build.

Vegan

man that's quite the endeavor you have taken on kudos to you on your work ethic bro, not a lot of people are up to something like this

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
always like to see a grow from the ground up! i was gonna tell you to paint those floors but looks like you are already on it.

just a few things i noticed…maybe in MI its ok to use 50k btu of AC on 18kw, not sure what your temps are out there. but here in CA I'm using 96k (two 4 tons) for similar size room. a bit overkill but AC is one of those things you dont want to skimp on. Also from what I've learned over the past few months, commercial units are the best way to go, window units and mini splits aren't ideal for larger size setups like this. since MI is cold you can probably get away with a 5ton central unit for each room but this is just a guess.

also did you guys totally skip drywalling and just hang panda film directly to the studs? interesting concept, but id really recommend putting some walls up even its those cheap styrofoam, i have a feeling such permeable walls won't help regulate temps as well as a completely sealed room.

good luck hope to see that fired up soon, I'm doing something very similar right now and its amazing how much work it is, not to mention how many trips to home depot. i spend so much time and money at HD i should just move in and live there!

Looking nice Dr. K...... Lights on! neat setup.... the ac unit thats in the room is temporary... he going to upgrade soon.... nice build make sure you monitor the temps in there with the lights on with out the duct...... so when you hang the duct work you will know how much it dropped the temps..... Whats the temps in there right now just with the lights on?

DrKanobie

Today I installed one of my window ac units.

always like to see a grow from the ground up! i was gonna tell you to paint those floors but looks like you are already on it.

also did you guys totally skip drywalling and just hang panda film directly to the studs? interesting concept, but id really recommend putting some walls up even its those cheap styrofoam, i have a feeling such permeable walls won't help regulate temps as well as a completely sealed room.

good luck hope to see that fired up soon, I'm doing something very similar right now and its amazing how much work it is, not to mention how many trips to home depot. i spend so much time and money at HD i should just move in and live there!

We did skip the dry wall and went straight into the studs with the panda film. However the outside shell of the room is covered in plywood.
Home Depot is my second home now and the expenses, let's just say I spend $100 the way some people spend $10.

Looking nice Dr. K...... Lights on! neat setup.... the ac unit thats in the room is temporary... he going to upgrade soon.... nice build make sure you monitor the temps in there with the lights on with out the duct...... so when you hang the duct work you will know how much it dropped the temps..... Whats the temps in there right now just with the lights on?

With only the 4 lights on, without any fans on the high temp inside the room was 58 degrees. I plan on doing a 48 hour pressure test (all the rooms components turned up to their max settings) after I put the epoxy down on my floor. The pressure test should expose any issues that need to be addressed before I fill the room up with plants

Today I installed one of my window ac units.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52584&pictureid=1240737&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52584&pictureid=1240736&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52584&pictureid=1240738&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

We did skip the dry wall and went straight into the studs with the panda film. However the outside shell of the room is covered in plywood.
Home Depot is my second home now and the expenses, let's just say I spend $100 the way some people spend $10.

With only the 4 lights on, without any fans on the high temp inside the room was 58 degrees. I plan on doing a 48 hour pressure test (all the rooms components turned up to their max settings) after I put the epoxy down on my floor. The pressure test should expose any issues that need to be addressed before I fill the room up with plants

nice plan:smokeit: when you do the test dont forget to turn the burner on 1500ppm

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Dude, ain't it the truth? Menards, Lowes, Home De(s)pot all see me coming and they think "Golden Goose, Golden Goose. Build in progress..." and when I stroll the aisles of said evil box stores, I think of the commercial of the motorcycle rider made of money riding down the road with the bills flying off in all directions... that's how I feel.

Hehe no complaints though. Building a nice room and they don't come free do they.

DrKanobie

I finished installing my window ac units today. I'm going to mount my max fans next. Work has been going slow this week because, I had to help a friend take down and process an 8K room.

medicalmj

Veteran
View Image View Image
I finished installing my window ac units today. I'm going to mount my max fans next. Work has been going slow this week because, I had to help a friend take down and process an 8K room.

Hey where are those wall units rejecting their heat (whats on the otherside), and what about the condensate, where will it drain? I'm fixin to address my a/c needs really really soon, this cold weather is about to change and I dont wanna b caught w my pants down.

Had a portable that had a internal leak last year and also didn't like the overall performance. Menards did give me all my cash back however even though I used it all summer. Told em it ruined my carpet and such and they made it right.

EDIT: Hey I checked out your album and see the heat will be rejected into a garage/polebarn/wharehouse so heat build up in that area won't be an issue for you. I'm not so lucky to have such a large heat sink.

meadowman

i would make sure the epoxy is water based if you put those lights on with solvents in the air it wont be pretty. i do industrial painting, ventilation my friend.
subbed bro, rock on!

noobs1988

EDIT: Hey I checked out your album and see the heat will be rejected into a garage/polebarn/wharehouse so heat build up in that area won't be an issue for you. I'm not so lucky to have such a large heat sink.

I am not so lucky either. I vented my ac in a closet and hooked up bathroom vent fan to suck the heat out into the attic. butt my attic dosnt have any vents in it. (don't know why they didn't vent the attic.) so I bought I big fan to vent my attic to some vents ill install.

DrKanobie

For this first room I am running 40 ladies in 9 gallon hurcules pots in pure coco. After this first crop I am running only 30 ladies per room. However, here are a few pics of the strains I'm running as they veg.

Death Band #1 and Death Band #2

Holy Grail Kush

Skywalker Kush, Head Band (Day wrecker cut), Death Star (Indica pheno), Girl Scout Cookie x Fruity Pebble, Strawberry Chronic