What's new

18,000 watt sealed flower room build.

DrKanobie

Looks like fun!

I would maybe retool the A/C tho man, going big like this demands commercial style hvac.

If you can't afford/have space for a true air handler and condenser I would try these.

https://sunlightsupply.com/shop/byc...i-split-air-conditioners-13-seer-cooling-only

Mini splits are super awesome for rooms like this.

Only saying this because those window units have problems and the last thing you want is a A/C problem with all those lights!

Keep it coming!

T

I will be upgrading to mini splits after this first run. I had to put away a few bucks so I can pay my power bills.

Coconutz

Veteran
lol
a good gesture, but recommending an ideal air and telling someone they want to go big and avoid problems is pretty funny...
Id avoid any of those quick connect minis like the plague

DrKanobie

lol
a good gesture, but recommending an ideal air and telling someone they want to go big and avoid problems is pretty funny...
Id avoid any of those quick connect minis like the plague

I went with two 25,000 btu window units for this run, but I have been contemplating upgrading to mini splits. What are the issues with them? Am I better off sticking with my window units?

Coconutz

Veteran
I went with two 25,000 btu window units for this run, but I have been contemplating upgrading to mini splits. What are the issues with them? Am I better off sticking with my window units?

mini splits are the bomb, but avoid the quick connect or "pre charged" units...

DrKanobie

I picked up some panda film for the walls and primer for the floor today. I finished half of the wall today. I will finish the other side tomorrow morning and bleach everything twice before I prime the floors.

ceosam

mini splits are the bomb, but avoid the quick connect or "pre charged" units...

Excuse me but I'm pretty sure a large majority of units come precharged and almost all have "quick connect" AKA flared fittings. What is the big deal? Mr. Slim is the best you can buy and it has both. I know nothing about HVAC besides the little research I did leading up to the install and its been running perfectly.

DrKanobie

I finished putting up the panda film today. We also disinfected the floor which took forever because it was filthy. We installed the locks on the door as well so we can be state law compliant. I am going to put the primer on the floor tomorrow and hang my wall fans.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
mind me not.... just wandering the halls, all weekend.... must say U got BIG stones ...
rolling a room like that is a lifetime of commitment.... can't wait for the show....

DrKanobie

mind me not.... just wandering the halls, all weekend.... must say U got BIG stones ...
rolling a room like that is a lifetime of commitment.... can't wait for the show....

it defiantly requires multiple hours daily already. Keeping a to do list and a calendar is a must for me.

DrKanobie

I just finised putting down the first coat of primer on the floor. I'm going to take tomorrow off, and put another coat down Monday.

Latest posts

Latest posts