What's new

1512W LED Perpetual Medical Harvest (Aeroponics)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is going to be interesting, i'm very happy to suspend my disbelief. :D

V.

filo6942

1 lb of bud = 1 lb of bud not 2 lbs no matter what advertisements claim, try growing 5 lbs of bud and say its 10lbs then you will see the craziness of it all.

Think of this; they have a 318w led light that they are selling and they claim it covers an area of 2x4 which is 8 square feet now lets say you have 2x318w leds covering a 4x4 and you do really fucking good with a full canopy of hashplant with big fat football size buds you only get 2lbs max probably more like 1.5 lbs and thats being really nice considering, but still no better then a hps which would produce better quality product at a way cheaper setup price.

Cheaper setup maybe. If you arn't running high dollar vent system, a/c. Cost over time factoring replacing HPS bulbs over and over + electricity ugh.

Some people don't want to accept that LED technology is still evolving. This girl is trying to share her setup and you guys call her a liar. Shameful.:2cents:

M

Mr-B

Sleepy is providing a documented grow and I trust his opinion, regardless of her claims and her posts.
I really hope the light are better than HID/HPS, we need something new.
Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Previously I ran 4, 1000W HID (2 HPS, 2 MH) over the same sized canopy. My current yield using 1512W LED is more than what I did previously with my HID's, and it's better quality. My buds are also 30-40% denser on average, with all environmental factors being the same. There is no heat stress to contend with, so I've also found that it's easier to remain consistent from harvest to harvest, using LED.

Are you serious??:yoinks: I guess you have pics to prove it. Nice grow great pics, I never knew LEDS have that much power good luck:joint:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
While I certainly respect your opinion, I'll go ahead and share my personal experience. Regardless of how much HID I was running at any given time (2k, 3k, 4k), I encountered lots of problems with heat (like when your daughter trips over the A/C cord). At times the A/C unit's storage tank would fill while I was at work, and I'd come home to a 100 degree room with wilted plants. Other times I'd leave for a week and my friend would forget to monitor 1 aspect of the room (water, heat, etc...), and I'd come home to half the garden I left. There were probably about 5-7 total cycles in the course of 4 years where I had a solid harvest which endured little to no stress. Consistency isn't the easiest thing to achieve for a learning gardener, when you're facing heat all the time, and it can make a big impact on your total yield. On a really good harvest, I'd hit 1 gram per watt or relatively close with my HID's, but I think if you averaged out all of my harvests, it would probably be around .7 grams per watt.

My recent switch was from 4,000W HID to 1512W LED. The retail on my 4,000W setup (digital ballasts, vented hoods, hortilux bulbs), was about $2200. The ventilation system was another $200, and the A/C was an additional $500. So all in all I dropped $2900 for my HID's, and was running about 5500W for the entire system.

The retail on my 12, 126W units (1512W LED) is $4800 shipped; a difference of $1900. I don't run A/C (except intermittently during the summer), and the noisy ventilation system is history. Each of my 126W lights really draws about 144W, as they have 6 small fans on them. 144W x 12 = 1728W. So every hour I am using approximately 3800W less.

That 3800W equates to about $160 on my electricity bill every month in savings. $160 x 12 = $1920 savings per year! That alone covers the cost difference between the two lighting systems. On top of the electricity savings, there are no bulbs to replace! My Hortilux Super HPS and Blue MH bulbs cost about $700 per year. So within my first year of using LED, I will actually save $700 over a comparable HID setup with all the necessary add-ons.

LED's last for 50,000 hours before they lose 30% of their total output, and 15,000 hours before they lose 10%. At 15,000 hours, that's 4 solid years in your bloom room before your light is at 90% of it's original output! Realistically though, they will last 6+ years in veg, and 10+ years in bloom.

So to sum it up, I save $700 this year, $2600 next year, $2600 the year after, and $2600 the year after that, just for switching to LED. On top of it all, my yields are more consistent now, the heat stress issue is no longer an issue, and my yield is also higher quality. So in my opinion, LED can save gardens of any size, a lot of money.

They measure 2' wide, 4' long, 1' deep. Keep that in mind when looking at the roots ;)

thats a nice breakdown.
i like the garden too, looked really good. the LED lights seam to get penetration fairly good too?

i just upgraded to water-cooled lights, and dont have temp flux anymore. but im no where near as effeciant as you. mad props.

Calimed

Veteran
I'm looking forward to see this progress. Maybe when I upgrade from a 600 to 1000w I will consider a couple of these units for my tent.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
my buddy just fiinished up his 18 bubblesours under 2 300w grow panel pro leds. total yield was 9 ozs!!! thats garbage!!! i was customly building a 900w panel until i heard the bad news! ima wait until the tech gets better before i dump 1000's of dollars into a light that is way outperformed by one only costing $500... hate to dissapoint yall.. they are great for veg though!! i will say that!

LEDGirl

Veteran
2 grams/W would be pretty sweet! :joint:

What size or Wattage are your individual LED's, LEDGirl? Do your lamps plug right into the wall, or do you need an inverter? Or if you've got the inverter built-in, what kind of Amperage are you using? I had a little 6A inverter that came with a Coleman thermo-electric little cooler thing-a-majig......So anyhow when I got my little DIY LED setup set up, all of the wires and bulbs and everything got hella hot, hot enough to melt the hot glue I used to fasten them....and I'm not sure why....that didn't happen with the smaller 1/4W LED's I'd tested with before....

1W High Power LED'. Yep, they plug straight into the wall, regardless of what country you live in (we make them country specific). The units draw 1.2 amps.

1W LED's draw more current, and therefore produce more heat than the .2W LED's... They should be used on a metal board/heatsink to help dissipate some of the heat so you run them both at their optimal brightness, and keep them operating their full life span. ;)

LEDGirl

Veteran
My only question, I guess, is it sounds like you make all the components here in the USA because your website states:

"Everything from the “light engine” that drives each of our lights, to how many LED’s per board, spectral output, and intensity, is custom made by our company for optimum performance and efficiency. You will not find a single other manufacturer in the world selling lights like you’ll find on our site."

Or do you have a Chinese manufacturer make your lights? I only ask because it sounds like your company did a lot of 'custom' development but when I did some searching the light here http://bluesealed.manufacturer.glob...t/product_id-1021714959/action-GetProduct.htmhttp://bluesealed.manufacturer.glob...7/pdtl/LED-grow/1023007521/LED-Grow-Light.htm looks EXACTLY (same exact outer case w/ beveled edge, same screw placement, etc) like your 126w light on your website. Do you just import the cases or do you just provide these existing Chinese mfgr's with your custom specifications and they build custom to your spec - and for nobody else?

Our units come with US-Made LED's from Bridgelux and Semi. We use Japanese cooling fans, and I'm unsure as to the remainder of the components. The units were engineered and tested in the US, however they are assembled in China. We use the same casings as about 500+ other companies right now, but our product line is completely different. For example, the link you listed shows a 120W LED Grow light... this casing is the one we use for our 63W. The standard 300W casing that all my competitors load 288W into, comes with 126W from us. Our units were completely re-built from the ground up, based on our technology, not the pre-existing tech that keeps LED grow lights inefficient.

LEDGirl

Veteran
For the record, I didn't have a problem with her last thread on GC except for the fact the claims that she was using 4000W of HID on two 2x4 tables. That was the big deal that threw up so many flags in the beginning.

When I switch computers, I will post a picture documenting 4, 1000W HID's over my 2 trays (as I keep pictures from years back). I get so sick of you thick-headed people calling me a liar every chance you get, especially when I DISPROVE this crap every time... sick.

DSC00997E.jpg

Last edited:

LEDGirl

Veteran
thats a nice breakdown.
i like the garden too, looked really good. the LED lights seam to get penetration fairly good too?

Yes, they penetrate very well on plants up to 42" tall. If taller, then the 30 degree units would be needed for the added penetration of the taller canopy.

LEDGirl

Veteran
my buddy just fiinished up his 18 bubblesours under 2 300w grow panel pro leds. total yield was 9 ozs!!! thats garbage!!! i was customly building a 900w panel until i heard the bad news! ima wait until the tech gets better before i dump 1000's of dollars into a light that is way outperformed by one only costing $500... hate to dissapoint yall.. they are great for veg though!! i will say that!

Grow Panel lol? You mean you trusted Sunshine Systems? Damn dude, I had no idea so many people actually bought into gimmicks like that. They don't even tell you what NM they use, and their 300W unit puts out less than half the micromoles per square foot of our unit (just got the test data last night). Why would you spend $1300 on a light when they don't even tell you what you're getting??? I just don't understand it. It's no wonder you yielded what you did, my friend yielded near double that with only 252W of our LED's... Sorry you got robbed man.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
I would attribute those high yields to your aeroponics system way more than your LED lights.

A buddy of mine switched from his old hydro methods to aeroponics and DAMN do those nugs look fat now.

I am wholeheartedly sold on the fact LED lowers your energy costs, but I'm not quite sure they can be said to increase yield.

G

gogoplata420

(not that you have or will, im just saying)LEDgirl please dont stoop to the level of the people calling bullshit or talking shit. just maintain the peace until mrwags, sleepy, and who ever else you gave a free unit to comes back and give us the repor(t)<---colbert reference. i really hope these things are as good as you say and i also hope we have more vendors from companies like yours here.

Sleepy

Veteran
the inside is a clean machine.

use the following analogy:

my 400 watt HPS is a 1970 302 Ford Mustang.

this thing is a new Shelby.

i need to 'get in on the highway', but so far, i am impressed.

i am seeing a 5 degree reduction in heat so far.

bear with us, the tests have only begun...

i plan on purchasing your 1500w set-up if good results are seen from these other guys! i would be ecstatic to use less air conditioning in my up and coming room!

zenoonez

Veteran
So the fact that you can't cook an egg on her setup isn't a benefit for all the closet growers out there?