What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W LED Quantum/COB 1.25 SqFt Microgrow

thenewstyle

garden update

thing are moving along, slowly frosting/bulking up
mendo cliftons top buds tips are starting to bleach, im going let her grow out and see what happens
not sure if im going to hit the 1/2lb goal now, the buds are looking a bit smaller than i would like. theyve got a few more weeks for them to swell. hopefully they start bulking up a bit more

hUtBAdS.jpg

2YpXRa0.jpg

lCWvknr.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

some close ups!

meatbreath- starting to chunk up, she shines!

eEmjnrj.jpg

garlic breath- starting to put on some color, shes coated with trichs!
sI06kUd.jpg

monkeyballs is starting to looking real nice now. shes also putting on some color now

BDskQLU.jpg

mendo clifton / purple drank breath / pugsbreath
AP3jC16.jpg

nightterror og - super frosty, smells like blueberry gas!
kWCTN98.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looks good in there. I can't believe how much light you have in that little space. The side lighting seems to be working well for you. :good:

thenewstyle

Looks good in there. I can't believe how much light you have in that little space. The side lighting seems to be working well for you. :good

it might be a bit overkill but i like going to the extremes. we will see in a few weeks whether it pays off or not.

The box is currently running at about 200w- 160w for the cobs and about 40w for the side lighting. Everything seems to be growing well, im starting to get some tips bleaching on mendoclifton and pugbreath. It doesnt look too bad very minor

the girls- box is getting pretty full and stanky
pp3lYhw.jpg

meatbreath- almost black!
iJEQWSM.jpg

night terror og- super frosty, nice gassy og with a hint of blueberry smell
MVaSRPV.jpg

mendo clifton / pdb / pugsbreath
tiny bit of bleaching on the tips
qWE69NX.jpg

monkeyballs- this is a f2 selection of tom hills deepchunk by hazeman, shes really starting to chunk up now
rWy9Nm8.jpg

doams

That cookies plant from page 3.. when and how was it topped /how many nodes did you let it grow before top/ ?

Thx!

thenewstyle

That cookies plant from page 3.. when and how was it topped /how many nodes did you let it grow before top/ ?

Thx!

it was topped after the 3rd node then the 6 growth shoots were trained/tied down, i then topped 3 of the 6 growth shoots for a total of 9 tops.

you can see the 9 tops here
GBIeIwH.jpg

took some more pics of the purple drank breath

shes so pretty but tiny

4eP0jeA.jpg

5YbFtjx.jpg

lowers
6zRUNSA.jpg

thenewstyle

about 2 more weeks to go! everything is starting to purple a bit, theres a few buds with bleached tips but they dont look too bad.

starting the flush today
zu3lkd3.jpg

thenewstyle

garden update

the box is smelling crazy now so many different smells
lots of leaves dying off now that theyre starting to flush
everything is starting to plump up a bit now but still a bit smaller than i was hoping for, i think for the next run ill try just 1 or 2 colas per pot

side shot
HAaTdH9.jpg

the night terror og is the frostiest girl of the box, super dense and solid too!
6QS0pRL.jpg

meatbreath almost straight black now
5Li70DB.jpg

double black- black domina x black domina
FBqXgjo.jpg

i like how different all the buds look here
GLw0Q3E.jpg

thenewstyle

the lineup before the chop!

purple drank breath / meat breath / 24k gold / monkey balls / mendo clifton
aHvzXok.jpg

night terror og / double black / garlic breath / alien rift / pugs breath
zQucGAO.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

counts for the harvest so far, few more are finishing up drying
RFFOHuk.png

these thugpug seeds are putting out some killers!

pugsbreath at the chop, this one smells so odd
vrJqrRc.jpg

meatbreath
oEMmZ7Y.jpg

garlicbreath dried, smoke a little sample of this, super strong and tasty
4C12iny.jpg

monkeyballs - really like how this one turned out, look forward to the next run with her
qgLIOdA.jpg

thenewstyle

Epic run!:tiphat:
How big are the pots? Are you using still Blumats for watering?

yo tigre thanks for the kind words, i think in terms of quality this run went very well but the quantity was lacking a bit.

the pots im using are about 600ml, just a bit small to be running with 4 nodes on each plant, the next run im only going to try running each pot with only 2 nodes. im thinking this will allow a bit more light penetration since the canopy wont be as dense and allow the lowers to get a bit bigger.

the plan for this run was to use blumats after i transplanted to larger pots, but i ended up with too many females to switch to bigger pots so the blumats never got implemented into this run. i plan on using them again in the next run though

on the plus side i think ive finally found a good drying method this run! i did a whole plant hang for about 10days at 50-60% humidity / 50-60ºF , then did a dry trim right before jarring and everything came out super loud! no grassy smell at all!

big_t0kes

Wow brotha, you make it seem so easy - giving a noob like me too much hope, lol.

Just popped some DVG and Bodhi gear - eager to see how well I do in comparison to the benchmark you're setting here (75w led, SOG Pearlite Hempy Buckets in 18x18' growspace).

Cheers and Kudos!

thenewstyle

Wow brotha, you make it seem so easy - giving a noob like me too much hope, lol.

Just popped some DVG and Bodhi gear - eager to see how well I do in comparison to the benchmark you're setting here (75w led, SOG Pearlite Hempy Buckets in 18x18' growspace).

Cheers and Kudos!
yo tokes! thanks for stopping by, id say im still a noob too! this is only my third microgrow cycle. there is so much to learn about this wonderful plant, the more you learn the more you get drawn in!

ive been wanting to pick up some of dvg and bodhis gear, which strains did you pick up? i been wanting to try citrus farmer from dvg and sunshine daydream from bodhi. your space is just a bit bigger than mine, look forward to see your results!

little update on the grow

got the final numbers in for everything!

009106899f65fe59e2b2215952911246.png

in the chart the wet/dry weight are with stems and the cure column is dried and stems removed

i was hoping to hit 1/2lb this run but the yield came in much lower than i was hoping for, there are a few things id say accounted for the lower yield.

1. i wasnt feeding them enough towards the last 3-4weeks, almost all the plants started yellowing well before i started flushing
2. too long of a flush for small pots, i think with pots this small a one week flush will be sufficient- on this run i flushed for a little over 2 weeks
3. too dense of a canopy
4. few of the plants got chopped a bit early
5. 4 colas per plant may have been a bit excessive for these small pots

hopefully ill be able to remedy most of these on the next cycle.

still averaged about half zip per plant, i really enjoyed growing so many different strains at once. it sure is nice to have 10 different jars to choose from when im ready to roll one up :joint:

thenewstyle

:gday:Mate you are a legend! That 1st cookie grow was epic.. can you please take us through real quick on your carbon scrubber? :thank you:

yo soul, thanks for the nice word :)

the first cookies grow was really fun! id love to go back to a monocrop style grow but i like my variety too much! ill go back to it one day!

i put together a little pic of the growbox for ya

the way its working now, its pulling air through the carbon filled insert then pushing through the carbon can filter, seems to work pretty well but i still get a little bit of smell towards the end of flower

0679tQp.png

Latest posts

Latest posts