What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W LED Quantum/COB 1.25 SqFt Microgrow

thenewstyle

garden update

flipped to 12/12 + turned the lights up to a full 150w on 10/23
everything seems to be growing a bit faster since the flip, itll probably be another week or two before they show sex

night terror doing weird stuff again, one of the growth shoots started growing with 3 nodes. this one is much faster than the rest of the girls
UJuDPCG.jpg

GkAiiQn.jpg

timelapse of the last 20 days
https://i.imgur.com/7AqpfuU.gif
7AqpfuU.gif

Last edited:

thenewstyle

garden update

9 days after the flip and everything is coming up nicely, had a little mishap over the weekend. I was going to change the timer to a 11/13 light schedule while i was away for the weekend but turned them to 13/11 in accident. i flipped them back to 12/12 once i got back though!

currently im having to water once a day, not sure if ill set up the blumats on this run, maybe later on in the grow. I was planning on repotting the females to a 1L pot but i dont think i have space for them right now. After looking at some of droppedcats plants i think theyll flower out in these smaller pots just fine.

also did another round of defoliation, usually id wait til around day 14 of flower or wait for the stretch to end before i start the 2nd round of defoliation but this was done out of necessity. I may have let these veg a bit too long this time, we shall see in the future though!

before picking out males/defol
JLjspbw.png

after
HcgTE6N.png

got a few confirmed females, ( double black/ meatbreath/garlicbreath/24kgold/)

found a few males and pulled them out ( pimpjuice/ fire ogkb/ purple starburst) sad to see them go, but ill be running them again on the next run
the boys
w6owjAN.jpg

sideshot of the boys, this is how all the plants are being grown out this run
DAY92Rb.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

garden update

things are starting to stretch a up a bit, most everything is confirmed female except for pugsbreath,monkeyballs, and alien rift. pretty sure they are female but will keep an eye on them over the next few days

WgfTkBj.png

sideshot
14dOem5.jpg

meatbreath starting to bud up nicely
Be0FPH1.jpg

pugsbreath looking freaky, hasnt shown sex yet but looks to be female
1zm5KqR.jpg

mendoclifton up top,very nice structure!
purpledrank breath in middle budding fast, not much stretch on this one
nightterror og at the bottom, shes the tallest in the box now
jxrIZ4H.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
You mean to tell me you're pulling these grows off in a 15 x 15 inch space? Absolutely amazing. I have a 16 x 16 x 42 inch tall cab I found in the trash. Just might have to try this out.

thenewstyle

You mean to tell me you're pulling these grows off in a 15 x 15 inch space? Absolutely amazing. I have a 16 x 16 x 42 inch tall cab I found in the trash. Just might have to try this out.

yo tomatoes you should def try out a microgrow! theyre super fun and allow you to a experiment and try new things. 16x16x42 is a bit small but youll have a good amount of height to work with, throw some sidelighting in there and youll have some good solid buds :biggrin:

big_t0kes

Beautiful shots. It's crazy how the plants come back after defoliation, even with limited space!

It's awesome that you have 4 new strains to try out this round - hope you get a nice Kosher pheno w/ the 24k.

thenewstyle

Beautiful shots. It's crazy how the plants come back after defoliation, even with limited space!

It's awesome that you have 4 new strains to try out this round - hope you get a nice Kosher pheno w/ the 24k.

they really do recover fast! i plan on doing another big defoliation in a few days once the stretch is done. theres actually 11 strains this run, super excited for the 24k shes stretching up fast! shes also the only plant in the box with a single cola.

quick timelapse of last few days, theyre coming up fast!
everything is showing pistils now, dark helmet looks to have hermed i pulled off 2 small male flowers, they didnt look like there was any pollenin them. will see if she throws more then ill chop it
boe3WRd.gif

Last edited:

thenewstyle

garden update

about 3 weeks from the flip
everything coming up nicely, a few girls are really starting to bud up/start frosting!
pulled out darkhelmet cause she hermed, so now we have got 10 diff strains, hopefully i can still hit my goal of 1/2lb!
GJwUvTr.png

meatbreath starting to bud up, looks like shes gunna be super dense and rock solid
DJQOOKX.jpg

double black stretched up fast! she was one of the last ones to be put in the box, but now shes the 2nd tallest right behind night terror og. this one also has 2 colas growing with 3 nodes
u2V5tZw.jpg

garlic breath - looking nice and starting to bud! seems like all the colas closest to the sidelighting stretch up a lot more than the others
6kOJJMj.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

purple drank breath looks to be the furthest along, really starting to bud and put on some trichs.
pugsbreath looking freaky still, just starting to bud now- shes got the thickest branches in the box
ayKGMHz.jpg

night terror og - def the tallest girls and still stretching! the branches right up next to the sidelighting seem to be the most developed
Vlv552d.jpg

alien rift looking super cool- lots of texture on the leaves. nice menthol smell from the stem rub
FXkz8RJ.jpg

a little longer timelapse
https://i.imgur.com/3VwWpum.gif

thenewstyle

small update on the previous grow
everything from the previous grow has been curing for about a month now.

dark alien - not much smell from this one still but when i grind her up i get a nice musky lemon scent from her
n2laKgY.jpg

ninja fruit smelling like straight grape candy, and looking killer!
vmIuKJf.jpg

b-witched smells have changed a bit, now its starting to smell fruity mango/pineapple. shes super frosty been smoking on her mostly.
pxfMJ6y.jpg

big_t0kes

Great stuff bro!

Is the B-witched cakey/doughy at all? Supposedly there is a 'cupcake' pheno that pops up.

Wanted to pick up some NF not to long ago but some people had trouble with intersex so no go.

thenewstyle

Great stuff bro!

Is the B-witched cakey/doughy at all? Supposedly there is a 'cupcake' pheno that pops up.

Wanted to pick up some NF not to long ago but some people had trouble with intersex so no go.

when ground up she has a bit of the cake smell but in the jar i get a more fruity smell, maybe some sort of fruitcake

ninjafruit is great, havnt seen many people with intersex, id still pick up a pack! she has great smell a nice heady high

garden update

did another deeper defol on the lowers and turned up the sidelighting to 500ma, looks pretty bright under there now!

starting to really bud up now
ecGFFQD.png

sideshot
doubleblack/nightterror og getting real tall
icUHTnD.jpg

budding up
gguZXIS.jpg

thenewstyle

You must have the, led's turned right down newstyle? Can't believe they not burning

some of the strains seem to handle the light better than others, alien rift, one of the shortest plants had a bit of light burn when i raised her pot up on the grodan cube. It seems if i slowly raise the power of the lights the plants adjust with them and seem to flourish.

currently im running the cobs at around 150w at ~1.4ma, they were slowly ramped up to 150w from 100w since the start of flower.

i can def see some signs of light stress on the nightterror og, might have to do some super cropping or something soon or its really going to get bleached. shes about 2-3" from the cobs right now. i have the two tallest girls (nighterror/double black) at the front of the box where the cob lighting isnt as strong since they are mounted a little towards the back in the box.

thenewstyle

some close ups

meatbreath and deep chunk
p3v9HQ7.jpg

mendo clifton / alien rift / purple drank breath
wFlIPRx.jpg

pugsbreath still weird, dont see any trichs on her
RbByqew.jpg

24k / mendo clifton / purple drank breath
jRWtCRl.jpg

loving the look of alien rift
RhcSLFM.jpg

thenewstyle

meatbreath starting to put on some nice color
the trichomes coming out are tiny, some of the smalllest ive seen.
but there is a lot of them!
tTYa6KI.jpg

purple drank breath starting to put on some nice deep purples too
fQJIpnv.jpg

24k/mendo clifton/ pdb

the 24k is smelling super citrusy
mendo clifton just starting to put out some frost
pdb looking like shes almost done- hope she bulks up a bit
XW9Jrpv.jpg

garlic breath is looking on point! nice big trichs, starting to show some nice colors too
DmuEhaC.jpg

night terror og starting to frost up too!
dj7UhAH.jpg

thenewstyle

garden update

everything is looking good in the box, a few of the girls are starting to put on some nice colors and smells now

VfoTCyw.png

sideshot - used the bwitched technique on the nightterror, seems to be working well

eA6xAJv.jpg

24k/mendo clifton/purple drank breath/pugsbreath

24k is looking great putting off some crazy citrus terps
mendo clifton is coming up
purple drank looking amazing, shes tiny but beautiful
pugsbreath still weird - i see a few trichs on her now - the lowers on her look nice though!
sHa3b5P.jpg

meatbreath - shes gunna be tasty i can feel it!
RpNaEY4.jpg

alien rift starting to put on that frost!
aD6kOYT.jpg

thenewstyle

garden box update

upgraded my carbon scrubber today - the smells were getting intense and i had to upgrade it to keep up.

since i was upgrading the carbon scrubber i had a chance to pull all the girls out of the box and get a good close look at them/take better pics of them. theyre about 5-6weeks into flower now and looking good! the thugpug strains have some crazy frost on them

variety box
WCPjlnm.jpg

meatbreath shes really starting to put on the frost now, looks to be getting pretty big too!
LoW6f5U.jpg

24k - this is the only girl with 1 cola so shes gunna be huge! shes already super frosty and chunking up
xkMsnxD.jpg

monkeyballs - this ones got a bit of a weird smell to it, cant really describe it though
kWiBaVz.jpg

alien rift - super stocky and frosty, some nice scents coming off this one
TZlKGJH.jpg

thenewstyle

purple drank breath - i think this pic shows how small she is, i may have trimmed her a bit too much before flowering but it didnt seem like this one stretched up at all. she also looks quite a bit further along than any of the others, loving the velvet purple stem on her
zhlOYzL.jpg

garlicbreath - loving this one, just covered in frost and has this stank that just stands out from the rest
i4JmkEL.jpg

pugsbreath - still weird, starting to see some trichomes on her now, straight cookie smell on stem rub
SOEMLym.jpg

double black - shes starting to put on some frost
M8zqrAM.jpg

nightterror og- this one is really nice too! covered in frost with a nice berry smell on her
FcCD8ep.jpg

i forgot the mendo clifton, ill try a get a pic of her next time!