What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

I went to bed last night thinking of doing a bit of outdoor planting this year, something I really haven't done in a very long time. It seems that March always does that to me, but I never follow through with it. This time I felt sure I'd get my old ass in gear and break out the cold-frame and pop some seeds. So of course when I woke up this morning and looked outside I saw 5 inches of freshly fallen snow. GOD is trying very hard to tell me something. I think its "stick with the 150 Bozo". That being the case, I at least want to change things up a bit a do something different. I've been growing the same strain in the same system for more years that I care to remember. I'm thinking I want to try some new genetics. I'm looking for something short & bushy, maybe auto-flowering but not required, and maybe feminized but again not riquired. So who out there has the perfect suggestion to get me out of my rutt? And point me to a good source for the beans or cuts please. Post here or PM me. Thanks, PD

Last edited:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
ive also been pondering the outdoor possibilities! thinking of taking a bunch of clones give em 2 or 3 weeks of veg then scatter them all around my area and some up in the mountains...

would be interesting to see how all these purple genetics i have would do outdoors!

anyone with gentetic suggestions, you said short and bushy so your looking for a mostly indica strain correct?

i know connosiuer has a bunch of fems im sure some are indica, idk man there are a ton of great seeds on seedbay right now...

I'm always so tempted to buy more but never am able to...

there are some new seeds dropping in 30 mins on seedbay, probably worth checking out.

let me see if i can come back with a list in a few

also i have some ?'s bout my 150 setup and some pics to post for suggestions

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sup guys here is a pic of my setup...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

that's not exactly what it looks like right now but you get the idea...

my cab dimensions on the inside are 35in wide by 18in deep and i forget how tall but some where around 3 ft.

my biggest question is should i have my hps positioned the way it is now or the other way?

I'm really not sure which way would be more efficient... what you guys thinnk?

any other suggestions?

darkvade420

Hey Pipe Dream well ill share a few strains i wanted to try at some point and probley wont get around to growing.
Blueberry,Bubble Gum,Legends Ultimate Indica aka LUI ,Northern Lights ,Road Kill Skunk and sweet tooth .Good luck with the hunt for some strange.:laughing:

Elucka

4x Turku G-13 | 150w HPS | V-ScrOG | Micro | Bubbler

4x Turku G-13 | 150w HPS | V-ScrOG | Micro | Bubbler

16 days after 12/12 switch and ladies have almost doubled their size for sure! There are just few hairs so let's hope they begins to flower soon and stop that crazy growing. Nutes in tank are AHH 8 ml/16 ml/8 ml/10l (G/B/M) and EC was 1.4 today. Scropped them many times with heavy hand but still ladies looks happy and healthy! :)

1VTRSvA.jpg

qA8YKto.jpg

Ps. As you can see from the pics, here in dark Finland we don't have very much natural light at winter so had to take pics at dark room with flash.. :biglaugh:

PunkSteady

Did you try change the lower bucket on top ,that ventilation should be from top to bottom?
By the way is getting really crowded over there. (=

Propoline

@elucka, why not defoliate a little bit??go get some light throu..

@soursmoker, i dig ur set up. whats that cola on the left side?

@darkvade420, they will start to faten up soon now.they will love that extra light

@Pipedream, im also makin big plans during winter times every year, but in spring i hardly get my ass out, and plant that 10-15 plants guerila style. this year i think ill try something new. Forced outdoor flowering. will start clones indoor under 22/2 or 24/0, veg the till they get 15-20cm, and then put them out when days start to get shorter. hopefully they will start to flower "immediately", so they can be done in second half of August. with right genetics SOG style plants it would be one nice harvest :p.

as for my 150 cab....plants are day 27_12/12
picture.php

Propoline

darkvade420

@darkvade420, they will start to faten up soon now.they will love that extra light

as for my 150 cab....plants are day 27_12/12
View Image

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43039&pictureid=1030705&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43039&pictureid=1030704&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43039&pictureid=1030703&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43039&pictureid=1030702&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Propoline[/quote]
thats a dam nice set up you got going on too.your buds look way huger than mine with my 2 150s rockin im also on day 28 put them in the box 2-10-13 .even with 8 plants id guess you would have had smaller nuggets.good luck.keep us updated .I decided to upload some pic i took from day 27 something caused this thing major stress the 1st 2 weeks of strech and caused some of the fan leaves to curl up kinda funky but the buds seem to not care cause they are a growin force.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i also have 2 of her cuts in the box there about 8 inches tall at day 18 they are going to do a sleep over at there sons house for a few days to fuck lol

Here is a Pic Of grandma was grown in a 2x2 box with the 150
picture.php

after i seen what she did the first time i couldnt let her die off been cloning and breeding this girl ever since. these buds are also very sweet like coffee mixed with pine mixed with grape drink and it burns some serious resin .i also gave up on her like 4 times now but i still managed to have a few cuts laying around at some freinds houses and so fourth.

rootidec

Veteran
good to see you guys :)
I'm now 150w only again, 2'x2', just have to get used to the flipped tent, but strains are dialed...

darkvade420

them vert lights are pretty cool where do you buy them ? i have trouble finding the sun systems even let alone 150w lights with options lol

damn darkvade you still have that girl rockin ! i remember you from when i was last on here, but had to shut down unfortunately.. i remember this 150 w club ofcourse, i finally found it! search bar doesnt work..
well here i am again, new name this time.. my previous equipment ( sun system 150, ventilation equipment, nutes, etc) got stolen... some people you cant trust.. anyways i loved the results i got from the 150 and decided to get another one..
My setup is a 5'x1.5'x15"(HxLxD) SCROG
i have 3 desk fans circulating air, one blowing across canopy. and a 70 cfm bathroom fan as an exhaust with a DIY net pot carbonfilter...
picture.php

The lady in there is a bagseed OG..i think of calling it "The Blues OG"( i love blues music)
shes starting her 3rd week of flower right now. very stretchy gal though.
Day 14 flower
picture.php

picture.php

Feels good to be back at the 150w club:comfort:
Keep it green
Canna

darkvade420

Hey welcome back to the club Canna!:dance013:

I went to my father in laws house today and this guy has a 5 foot tree growin under 2 23 watt cfls and now it got so big he gots it in a huge window with the 2 cfls hanging from the celing lol looks like a out door plant it so big. im pretty sure its a male thou lol.

webecat

Good looking set up C G. I have found that a google search works better than the search bar FYI. You may have to add ICMAG to the search but it works well. Your thread looks good too:tiphat:

U

unthing

propoline,

i like your style. seems that i've trimmed the bottom too much time to time as you have nice budsites all the way down. that is of course that they haven't grown too long.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
@soursmoker, i dig ur set up. whats that cola on the left side?

Propoline

hey bro that cola is a clone of the first strain I ever bought, Resin Hessassin by Weedbeat seeds. Got a pack for 25 bucks and they sent me two packs of freebies with it! This was over a year ago... Goes to show that quality genetics are easy to be had from seedbay for a VERY reasonable price. There are soo many awesome private breeders doing their thing and even more dankness to be found in the server fund if you look at the right time...

Anyway that cola is pretty much done, today is 9 weeks, but I'm gonna chop her on friday, I like weekend harvests....

She grew a bit taller than expected and has some pretty bad foxtailing going on but it's all good cuz this is the biggest single cola clone I've grown yet. can't wait to see the final weight!

Oh and btw, Resin Hessassin lineage goes like this =
(Warlock x Jaggen) x (Jack Herer)

hey pipe dream i recommend BOG's:Sour Bubble, its a hybrid but very indica leaning.grows medium and with fat resinous buds.. hope it helps.. good luck on the hunt!
Canna

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
bump...

Heres a nug for you guys... It wasnt grown exclusively under HPS but she did finish her last few weeks under the 150...

picture.php

Its the same cola that was asked about the other day, Resin Hessassin.