What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see you back Propoline, your vert 150 and dual 150s was a big inspiration to me in my early days with the 150.

Also great to see Pipedream creepin again :)

I got the final weight of the scrog harvest and its a little wack but not too bad and the quality is super good. Overdried the white a bit oops.

Blackberry Kush 28.8g @ 60% humidity in jar
The White 40.7g @ 52% humidity in jar
2.48oz total a full quart jar of each strain

picture.php

Everyone else I like what you guys have goin on. Keep those 150w burnin brothers.

Elucka

question for elucka and propoline

arent you guys worried about root entanglement(seeing how you grow more than 1 plant per pot)
I'm not worried about that. I'v seen lots of diaries and pics from plants in same medium with great results. I think that if roots entanglement, they help each others to get nutes and water. It's like teamwork :) And my about 25l tank is more than enough for 4 plants.

Delicious looking plants guys, keep it growin'! :dance013:

darkvade420

Nice to see you back Propoline, your vert 150 and dual 150s was a big inspiration to me in my early days with the 150.

Also great to see Pipedream creepin again :)

I got the final weight of the scrog harvest and its a little wack but not too bad and the quality is super good. Overdried the white a bit oops.

Blackberry Kush 28.8g @ 60% humidity in jar
The White 40.7g @ 52% humidity in jar
2.48oz total a full quart jar of each strain

View Image

Everyone else I like what you guys have goin on. Keep those 150w burnin brothers.

Looking like some mighty fine smoke there guy.:laughing:

Propoline

@dv420....im curious how that durban will turn out. its for sure great head smoke, never tried it indoor

@BT...its good to be back, glad to hear i turned some wheels. Your haul looks mighty fine, wish i had something like that in my jar atm.

darkvade420

@dv420....im curious how that durban will turn out. its for sure great head smoke, never tried it indoor

@BT...its good to be back, glad to hear i turned some wheels. Your haul looks mighty fine, wish i had something like that in my jar atm.

you know im not to sure yet i think growing it in rockwool may have fucked up the total yield im going to get and the size and mass of the buds but it sure does smell great.

I think i should have stuidied harder on the proper way to grow rockwool hydro.what i think i did wrong was watering to offten or to small of a pot i was watering it like 3 times a day for a while there becuse i watched some guy on youtube and he recomended that but now that im a lil wiser im guessing i got it root rot but im still not certain .i think ill stick to soil for a while longer i like ez:tumbleweed:

Boddah

Thanks for the replies guys i feel honoured to get suggestions off such seasoned growers, will let you know how things go when I get up and running

darkvade420

Dam BT them buds do look delicious man id really love to try the organice thing some time.every time i go to the hydro store them aholes always give me 50 reasons why brewing my own teas would be to hard and unmanageble.id love to find a list of all the natural npk and other important stuff like mag cal iron.that way im familuar with the stuff i need to gather up and save. so far i came up with old leaves for the n and some sea weed or kelp and a banna for the p and old fire ashes for the k and ebson salt for the cal mag but that doesnt sound apealing and id also know how you brew it stick it in a gallon of water and let it sit in the sun for the day or stick it in a coffee maker or what?.Let me know thanks

Chillb

Can one convert any ole' 150 watt HPS security light into a working grow light?

Yes you can, I am running 2 custom 150w hps security lights. Make sure you get all grounds connected and every wiring connection 100% secured and you'll have no worries.

I have the guts of my two lights mounted in an empty old stereo, and long wiring running out to the lamps.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dam BT them buds do look delicious man id really love to try the organice thing some time.every time i go to the hydro store them aholes always give me 50 reasons why brewing my own teas would be to hard and unmanageble.id love to find a list of all the natural npk and other important stuff like mag cal iron.that way im familuar with the stuff i need to gather up and save. so far i came up with old leaves for the n and some sea weed or kelp and a banna for the p and old fire ashes for the k and ebson salt for the cal mag but that doesnt sound apealing and id also know how you brew it stick it in a gallon of water and let it sit in the sun for the day or stick it in a coffee maker or what?.Let me know thanks

Its really easy to do organics. If you have a good base mix to start with you dont need to add a whole bunch of stuff to it.

You can add stuff to tweak your mix though over time to see if its worth it or not to your final product once you get a couple organic grows under your belt its smooth sailin for the most part.

The organics for beginners thread is a great start and the tea brewer thread is great too. Helps show you how simple it can be done.

Organics for Beginners
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=200274

10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=200274

Heres my brewer I made for my teas after reading the tea brewer thread its so simple and works excellent.

The waterfall increases the dissolved oxygen immensely in the tea and promotes a ton more reproduction of the micro beasties (beneficial bacteria and fungis). This is the key to a great tea brewer and can but done on any scale for micro grows all the way up to multi acre farms.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dddaver

Veteran
^^^I think you can. 150 HPS is still 150 HPS anyway I would think.

I am on my second magnetic ballast, from 2 different security light manufacturers.

I'm just finishing a grow. Always looking to tweak. My latest brain-storm is looking at getting a 150W HPS/MH digital ballast ($80 at either Amazon of on ebay, both from Gotham Hydroponics).

I wonder if it's worth doing a MH in veg on a 150W grow though, then going HPS in flower? Would the hassle of getting it and wiring it up be worth it in better bud yield or quality? I mean I have CFLS or a Blackstar 240 LED I could use for that already anyway. I even have a 90W UFO LED that vegs good.

That's one thing about this hobby. ALWAYS looking to tweak. Every grow. Maybe I should leave well enough alone. Tweaking too much can get out of hand. That's the case for me and those LED lights experiments anyway. Live and learn. Flowering is just sub-par with those LEDs I got. But maybe MH in veg is a good idea?

dddaver

Veteran
BTW, I go organic too. I agree building a good soil base is paramount. I quit making teas, too much stank for this wimp. The odor of a good tea will gag a maggot. That's actually how you know you brewed a good mix, if it really stanks. ;-) I just use blackstrap molasses now to feed the beasties.

Teas are good though. I just decided not worth it for me.

dddaver

Veteran
ddaver, others might disagree but i think your ufo is enough for veg.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking going that way too. Penetration is an issue with them. Scrogging makes that kinda moot anyway.

The magnetic ballasts do buzz so although digital might be quieter, it's the "woosh" of air the inline makes that is way louder, making sound stealth almost non-existent. I've read you can insulate the ducting that cuts down on that. That might be my next tweak.

Chillb

Two 150w HPS Security Lights

Two 150w HPS Security Lights

I am runnin' two custom 150w hps security lights in a 2 foot by 2 foot area with 9 clones. This is what I got going on so far. First real grow in over a decade ...

Things are going well overall I think. I may upgrade the space to 3 foot by 2 foot and add in a 150w metal halide in the middle to get a more balanced light spectrum ... and more buds! :)

chillb

darkvade420

so today i woke up to check my plants and noticed the leaves are curling down on my big mother plant the smaller clone siting next to it and the clones in the veg box but its not happeing to the seeded plant or the durban posion all from the clones and the mom of the kush:tumbleweed:. i dont think its over watering becuse all my plants get watered differently and they are in different soil and lights,stages of growth and rooms and i have 3 strains going but its only doing this to one strain specificly.

im confused here.. hopefully it snaps out of this soon its been 12 days since i fliped the switch on the big girl and i really dont want to see any major stress this grow id rather have some big fat nugs that are the bomb lol/.:blowbubbles:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My magnetic ballast that came in my sunsystem 150 unit is very quiet surprisingly, barely ever buzzes or hums at all. Might have just gotten lucky though.

My old magnetic 400w MH I once had, had a very loud hum sounded like a school gym with buzzing ballasts lol.

darkvade420

well so far so good the buds started showing there crowns today the leafs are curled in a few spots but they arent crispy or brown so far.:peacock: