What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

samwise gamgee

just set it 10 inches away its your first grow and theyre gonna stretch.once you get more comfortable with yoru set up then if you feel your needing to lower it.

i have been keeping the lights about 6-8 inches from them. (was trying to get them closer... oops

the 150hps was in a fixture/reflector/ piece of junk.... that was noisy and got pretty hot. (was 87*F in closet)
got rid of it and my closet is way cooler now (about 75*F)
i have a 4" exhaust fan ducted into attic and a 10" fan for circ,
i'll keep y'all informed how they doing
thanks for the tips

webecat

Hey D420, i have a question on the reveg. Do you start them back on at 24 or 18 to get them going again? I have a friend that grows in soil trying it and it's been slow to start back. Thanks in advance.

darkvade420

Hey D420, i have a question on the reveg. Do you start them back on at 24 or 18 to get them going again? I have a friend that grows in soil trying it and it's been slow to start back. Thanks in advance.

The way I did it was 24 7. didn't herm out or anything that some people at the grow store thought may happen.was pretty cool and I was able to take cuts and keep a strain going also.:woohoo:

webecat

It should work with hydro to then? I like the idea of being able to regen a pheno that really floats my boat after I burn some of it.:biggrin:

darkvade420

picture.php

picture.php

heres a piece I cut at day 53 I could wait so instead of chopping the whole plant down like normal I decided to just cut a small nugg to sample I let it dry for four days in this pic and the rest of this bitch is on day 57 thinking about going till more color comes out been flushing for about 7 days now.taste fantastic probley one of the finer plants I have done so far cant wait to harvest the rest.

darkvade420

picture.php
picture.php

here she is at day 61 im pretty happy with the results she been flushed harder than any other plant I have grown I got her upside down in the garage drying with all the leaves stil on her for a slower cure anyone see a problem with that let me know cause I don't want to fuck her up now. ill try and get some dry shots soon.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
darkvade420 your plants are looking tasty, best quality ive seen you pull. Great work!!

Here is what my setup is looking like these days.... what a transformation :)

Day 2 of Flower (finally)

attachment.php

attachment.php

webecat

Very frosty DV420 (SCHWING), that should last you a while,:smoke: enjoy.
Looking good Budlight, I have a quick question. I finally finished the new cab and my S&P fan worked great until I installed it and now it only hums and won't spin, any thoughts? It's got me bummed.

budelight

Veteran
Do you have it hooked up to a speed controller? If so, turn it up and check by pluging/un-pluging the fan to fine tune it to the optimal setting.

If not, help me understand what changed since it worked.

darkvade420

Very frosty DV420 (SCHWING), that should last you a while,:smoke: enjoy.
Looking good Budlight, I have a quick question. I finally finished the new cab and my S&P fan worked great until I installed it and now it only hums and won't spin, any thoughts? It's got me bummed.

do you have it screwed in to tight?

dudin

Grown in selfwateringpots with hempymix. 12/12 from seed. The big one (pink bubble: norden seeds is 70 cm of bud.
IMG_2020_zps933c4d96.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and this is another 150w cab. Got 7 strains going there 12/12 from seed.

darkvade420

I like that tall one that's a serious nug :peacock:
I think I have been growing bubba kush this whole time not purple kush I really don't know but after researching the bubba kush and remembering the smells and taste im kinda thinking the plant was labled wrong when I first bought it. either way its thee bomb.

webecat

First I wired a plug to the fan and tested it, and it worked fine. After I tested it I decided it's so quiet I would just pull through my scrubber. I mounted it to the top of the cab and nothing, with and without the controller. As far as the controller goes I think it's a waste since it does nothing at the low end so I may return it.

darkvade420

:biggrin:
picture.php

picture.php

here is an update 7 days of drying and curing got 60 grams using 2 150w lights.some dank purple kush. not the biggest yield for a plant that size with 2 150w on her but it was worth revegging I think the weed came out better the 2nd time around.Im probley going to give my friend his 150 back and do some out door growing anyone else grow out door? but who knows I might toss one or two under the light in the mean time.:woohoo:

rootidec

Veteran
that's dank darkvade!!:) ^^

tuning in for 150 vert, six plants 30-38cm tall. 1'+
2'x2' 60x60cm base:

bulb is a philips bought 1m ago, works nice :)
*there's a 25w 6400 too atm

B

buzzerbeater

Hello men,after 8days of cfl I start with a 150w hps.However,I can't understand if is correct for vegetation or just for flowering...

The bulb is GE Lucalox 150...please help me,I had to continue with cfl or I can use the hps???
PS;one purple kush is suffering,does hps will strenghten her''??

budelight

Veteran
Hello men,after 8days of cfl I start with a 150w hps.However,I can't understand if is correct for vegetation or just for flowering...

The bulb is GE Lucalox 150...please help me,I had to continue with cfl or I can use the hps???
PS;one purple kush is suffering,does hps will strenghten her''??
You can totally use your new GE lucalox 150w for veg, but a cfl will be better for the plants overall if you have height limitations.

What is the wattage of the cfl and do you know its K temperature? (6500K, 2000K, etc)

Good luck and good looks
Budelight

darkvade420

you can veg with any kinda light they sale in the store as far as I know.if you want certain looks or traits you might want to go for specific lights.if you just want to grow and get a harvest ,you can use any light and accomplish that. good luck.:peacock:

budelight

Veteran
you can veg with any kinda light they sale in the store as far as I know.if you want certain looks or traits you might want to go for specific lights.if you just want to grow and get a harvest ,you can use any light and accomplish that. good luck.:peacock:
*Just about every light, but not all :)

Latest posts

Latest posts