What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Propoline

quick update at two weeks flowering.......... Dudin, im runin 2x150 vert, well now only 1x, since one of my ballasts died. check my signatures for finished grows. ....

:wave: Propoline

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey guys,

roughly how far do you keep your top of canopy from your 150s?

I have my canopy 8-10 inches below the bulb... I'm too scared to burn them, never had an HPS before... don't want to be wasting light penetration tho...

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Distance will vary with many factors. The best method to judge is using the back of your hand test. Put your hand under your bulb at any distance you like. If you can keep it there without much discomfort, your plants will be fine too. Test often at the top of your canopy and keep the lights as close as possible for the best results.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Distance will vary with many factors. The best method to judge is using the back of your hand test. Put your hand under your bulb at any distance you like. If you can keep it there without much discomfort, your plants will be fine too. Test often at the top of your canopy and keep the lights as close as possible for the best results.

thanks for the advice!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So has anyone used the 150w switchable ballast from Gotham Hydroponics? I saw it on their Ebay store, and i'm thinking about picking one up, mostly to use as an MH for my mom cabinet. It looks like a good ballast.

Elucka

4x Turku G-13 | 150w HPS | V-ScrOG | Micro | Bubbler

4x Turku G-13 | 150w HPS | V-ScrOG | Micro | Bubbler

It's been 8 days since last update and I switched light period to 12/12 6 days ago. I'm really in trouble with those ladies! I haven't spotted any hairs yeat but I really hope that they start flowering soon and stops that sick growing cuz at this growth rate they are gonna run out of space. Few days ago I had to remove some leaves and scrop them with heavy hand. Could scropping slow down flowering at this stage of grow?

6bbRUTI.jpg

iZ4gDj8.jpg

Not gonna use any flexible material on V-ScrOG screen next time :laughing:

darkvade420

So i kicked the durban out of my grow room.im pretty sure my friend got me them genetics from a cracker jack box .i was starting to get worried that crap would go herm and spray crap pollen all over my kush plant i tossed a small 5 inch kush clone under my other 150w next to his mom and i havent decided if im going to pollenate the both of them with the f1 male or just take the small clone and get smaller amount of seeds.:dance013:the males stems smell like fruit punch im hoping that rubs off on her kids.

Elucka

What kind of inline fan you have in that system Elucka ?
I have this fan: http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?sku=70225866#tab=specs
There are five passive inlet air holes at bottom and is outside of tubs sucking exhaust air thru active carbon filter. I thought that cooltube would be great to eliminate heat in this system, but I was so wrong! As you can see from that pic, air doesn't move at the top very well. I'm trying to keep ladies as low as I can, let's hope that heat doesn't damage them very much. Maybe someday I try to remove cooltube and check if temperatures will decrease.

LVloXiS.png

E

e5oo

secret jardin tent DR 40 150 w hps setup

secret jardin tent DR 40 150 w hps setup

Hello i want to share some pics.

Its AK 47 auto flowers and one regular Nordenlight plant.
In the first pic they are one week from seeds .

The rest are they 2 weeks and 2 days old.

supplements i use is hesi root complex i am gona start to add gold labels nutrition when they turn 3 weeks old.

temp is 25 degres celcius humidity is 45-58

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Hello i want to share some pics.

Its AK 47 auto flowers and one regular Nordenlight plant.
In the first pic they are one week from seeds .
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43665&pictureid=1026110&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

The rest are they 2 weeks and 2 days old.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43665&pictureid=1026119&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43665&pictureid=1026117&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43665&pictureid=1026120&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43665&pictureid=1026121&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

supplements i use is hesi root complex i am gona start to add gold labels nutrition when they turn 3 weeks old.

temp is 25 degres celcius humidity is 45-58
Great job Sol far!!

What tent are you using, looks nice and small :)

If you don't have another location to flower in, you may want to consider flipping them very soon.
BeL

E

e5oo

The tent is a secret jardin 40 x 40 *120 cm .
But the seeds are fem auto flowers so they are under 18/6 hours light and they should start to flower by them self.
Its only one plant in there that are a regular 12/12 seed and i dont know how i gona do with that one. Ihave an veg chamber in the making so i think she will go in there and just do some fim training or some thing with her.

fungzyme

There are five passive inlet air holes at bottom and is outside of tubs sucking exhaust air thru active carbon filter. I thought that cooltube would be great to eliminate heat in this system, but I was so wrong! As you can see from that pic, air doesn't move at the top very well.

Why not just put the air holes at the top, so cool air is pulled in, goes down through the plants and down to the cooltube opening? You'd probably want some thing to keep light in (and out during dark periods) - maybe some PVC pipe elbows or something similar?

darkvade420

anyone see any problems mixing GH with advanced nutes and techna flora nutes? right now i got flora duo base 2 part mixed with av big bid and buf factor x and b -52 for my freinds 1000w 8 plant grow hes broke so i scraped up some old nutes i had and free grow samples from the grow store.but i want to switch the big bud now that he is in week four and i dont have overdrive and i want to replace it with techna floras awsome blossome anyone think thats a bad idea?thanks in advance for anyones info

webecat

anyone see any problems mixing GH with advanced nutes and techna flora nutes? right now i got flora duo base 2 part mixed with av big bid and buf factor x and b -52 for my freinds 1000w 8 plant grow hes broke so i scraped up some old nutes i had and free grow samples from the grow store.but i want to switch the big bud now that he is in week four and i dont have overdrive and i want to replace it with techna floras awsome blossome anyone think thats a bad idea?thanks in advance for anyones info

I'm no expert, but if money is the problem have him try MAXIBLOOM and dry KOOLBLOOM. It's cheap and works well, he should get multiple grows under 40 bucks. Trying to mix and match nutes sounds like a major PITA, here's a link https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

darkvade420

I'm no expert, but if money is the problem have him try MAXIBLOOM and dry KOOLBLOOM. It's cheap and works well, he should get multiple grows under 40 bucks. Trying to mix and match nutes sounds like a major PITA, here's a link https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

Hey man thanks for the reply i have some maxi but i also have liquid form gh flora duo.and i wanted to use up the rest of my old advanced nutes or trash them ..haha.i just never bought over drive and i kinda feel like ditching the big bud at week four like they recomend im going to either start adding the root organics npk at the recomended 1 tablespoon per gall or the awsome blossom from techna flora witch is the same ratio as the over drive at 2.5 mils per gallon becuse i have a litttle i could spare but im thinking the root organics will be a bad move cause the volume is 1 table spoon per gall and im already runing the gh base with b 52 bud factor x and i never used roots oganics just worried that might fry me and my buddies plants.././tell you the truth my buddy needs to get a dam job ya know lol thanks again.:dance013:

Elucka

Why not just put the air holes at the top, so cool air is pulled in, goes down through the plants and down to the cooltube opening? You'd probably want some thing to keep light in (and out during dark periods) - maybe some PVC pipe elbows or something similar?
What a great idea! Really gonna try this out if it helps. Thank you! :)

darkvade420

Here is an update in my Plants

Here is an update in my Plants

The big ones at day 22 in this photo and the small one day 12 is going to get pollenated in about a week.i am barrowing my freinds 150 along with mine so i have 2 150ws in this run .
picture.php

it didnt strech much at all like last time so im hopeing i get more of them big ole colas eh.

Latest posts

Latest posts