What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

e_24

H&L, those look nice and frosty
krompir, disco biscuit, both of you have some amazing plants goin there.

I ran into some problem when deciding what to buy. I had a few bills to pay, so I got caught up, and now have no more money for an upgrade. I revamped my current flower cab to run cfls. Sorry for the hype, but I'm now caught up on bills, and can begin to save for a future upgrade. Maybe, just maybe next year ill run back here, but until then, good luck ladies and gents. I will be popping in to salivate over the amazing plants here, that's for sure!!

Love and peace!

e_24

Thanks disco, will do. I'm about done with my cab. I'm waiting to pop my beans till I'm back from vacation. Oh how I want to get these great genetics goin.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
twj - 52 days

picture.php

darkvade420

that looks nice. i didnt notice that you was growing a larger plant this time. i assumed it was a bunch of 20 oz dr peppers again>.The colas are looking fatter than normal.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks man. This plant has 10 tops and the sog had 14. The sog plants vegged too long, topped out and lopped over. I've never figured out how to maximize light penetration and airflow when it's that bad. :redface:

H&L

Looking good Disco. Have any issues with the tops being so close to the bulb?

Afgooey x Lemon Thai:

picture.php

CD'91 s1:

picture.php

darkvade420

Finaly got my self some dam 6500k light for veg them dam 5500k just dont cut it. right now indo i got one ace of spades from clone in veggy.not going to induce the fruit untill the outdo is all done not to sure how i should approch this.i have a squat bush at the moment the 5500k made all the inner nodes grow a bunch so i think ill clip much of that crap off since i have such a long veg ahead of me and do some weird veggin.

darkvade420

I took a cut from an out door plant last month and i brought it in as a clone .its mother outside has started to flower.and now the cut i took on 18-6 is showing sex anyone know if its going to bud under 18-6 in my veg room?

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
I took a cut from an out door plant last month and i brought it in as a clone .its mother outside has started to flower.and now the cut i took on 18-6 is showing sex anyone know if its going to bud under 18-6 in my veg room?

Don't worry about it. Some strains just never stop throwing pistles. Veg as you normaly would. If you take clones of her, they might not continue to flower. You'll find your nodes will be a bit tighter, which will make er a true GEM under a 150 :rasta: Especially if it's a "flowering clone" of a Sat dom strain. :good: Just my :2cents:

darkvade420

Might want to keep an eye out for mites and or other critters.
i have been looking for anything strange since.i took a cut last month.so far the only unusual i have found is that its starting to veg white pistils on 18-6 . when i took the cut last month the plant i sprouted from seed showed no signs of sex when i took the cut.im just hoping its not going auto for some strange reason cause its only under about 50w of 6500k.and im not realy trying to flower anything indoor right now/:laughing:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I know what you mean. My green crack hybrid needs 20/4 to get it out of flower mode. Funny thing, 14/10 works in veg for the seeds (and cuts that haven't been exposed to 12/12.) Most of my other strains revert to veg at 14/10.

D

DU420

Howdy all does anyone here run a 150 hps in a tall narrow cab, I've got a cab thats 1.3 sqft x 3.5 ft tall and I'm trying to decide if i should get a 150 or go with a 250 hps. Here's a link to the thread about the cab in the design section if anyone wants to have a look. Cheers

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=240155

darkvade420

thatd be a nice size box for the 150.250 will be alot of work to cool it but if you have the money to blow on a nice cooling system id go with the 250.

D

DU420

thatd be a nice size box for the 150.250 will be alot of work to cool it but if you have the money to blow on a nice cooling system id go with the 250.

Hey darkvade, thanks for the reply I'm thinking the space between the canopy and the lamp will be about 8 inches so I might put a 6 inch desk fan in the corner blowing across the lamp into the 4 inch inline fan in the corner to try and remove the heat more efficiently. My main problem was I'm having trouble finding a 150w hps in my country nobody really seems to stock them so I might have to go for the 250w.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
How about a 70w HPS, DU420? Easier to cool, more room to grow and 70 watts would give you the 50 watts per square foot standard or a little better.

darkvade420

How about a 70w HPS, DU420? Easier to cool, more room to grow and 70 watts would give you the 50 watts per square foot standard or a little better.

you know im not to sure what i think about the 70w either .i got my freind hooked up with that and hes at week 3 and his plant reminds me of week 2 in the size of the buds.idk if this is cause he is using a smaller bulb then me or if it is the strain. im guessing he will harvest vlose to a half oz.

darkvade420

Hey darkvade, thanks for the reply I'm thinking the space between the canopy and the lamp will be about 8 inches so I might put a 6 inch desk fan in the corner blowing across the lamp into the 4 inch inline fan in the corner to try and remove the heat more efficiently. My main problem was I'm having trouble finding a 150w hps in my country nobody really seems to stock them so I might have to go for the 250w.
well im not sure im pretty sure for a box that small you would probley need alot more of a venting and cooling plan then that for a 250.im guessing your best bet would be doing t5 lighting around all the corners of the box installed vertically with a nice sized cfl in a hood at the top or a 70w hps. just grow them a liitle tall and thin.