What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

D

DU420

How about a 70w HPS, DU420? Easier to cool, more room to grow and 70 watts would give you the 50 watts per square foot standard or a little better.

hey DB, I was thinking of something alittle smaller but its difficult to get anything under 250w in my country and I also read that HID lamps have low efficiency under 150w. Love your setup BTW

well im not sure im pretty sure for a box that small you would probley need alot more of a venting and cooling plan then that for a 250.im guessing your best bet would be doing t5 lighting around all the corners of the box installed vertically with a nice sized cfl in a hood at the top or a 70w hps. just grow them a liitle tall and thin.

I was actually just talking to the store I was getting the hps reflector from and the sizes were misprinted so that options out now, so i can either just run a bare bulb and hope the white walls of the box reflect it or go for something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-Com...%2BUCC&otn=18&ps=63&clkid=1082185414252351316

I've already tried to fit cfls to the cab large cfls don't fit and I can't fit enough small cfls to make it penetrate enough.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You'll have close to 200wpsf with a 250 in that cabinet. What type of inline fan are you considering, axial or centrifugal?

Have you considered a tent? I wouldn't go any smaller than 2' x 2' with a 250. If you have 5' headroom, the lamp, fan, scrubber and pots will take up 2 to 2.5 feet of vertical space. IMO, that's about the minimum space you want unless you're planning on using a honking fan.

darkvade420

check out the t5s they sale them in thin strips.or to be honest it sounds like the problem is your box any way to make it larger or to get a different space to grow in?

D

DU420

You'll have close to 200wpsf with a 250 in that cabinet. What type of inline fan are you considering, axial or centrifugal?

Have you considered a tent? I wouldn't go any smaller than 2' x 2' with a 250. If you have 5' headroom, the lamp, fan, scrubber and pots will take up 2 to 2.5 feet of vertical space. IMO, that's about the minimum space you want unless you're planning on using a honking fan.

I've got a 4' axial 180cfm 11w 2300rpm, I was going to do Dr bud style sog so pots are only 6' tall I think I worked out with everything in the cab I'd have between 18 and 20 inches of space for budsicles if heat wasn't an issue. I actually wanted to avoid HID lamps altogether but the only reflector I had found small enough to fit in the cab was for a hps, but the size of the reflector was a misprint so I'm really looking for any alternative. Hence the led

check out the t5s they sale them in thin strips.or to be honest it sounds like the problem is your box any way to make it larger or to get a different space to grow in?

Well I've already got one cab in the corner that's 2.8 sq ft but since I'm sick and can't go anywhere I figured I'd build a second cab and have one for indica doms and one for sativa doms, it's in a large entertainment unit so that's just one side of it but there's no way to increase the size. I've looked at t5's, cfls, hps, pll's and now I'm looking led's so im basically open to anything but it has to fit. The cab is 380mm x 320mm but the door to cab is only 270mm wide so its difficult to get long lights in there as you have to put it in at an angle then tilt it to get it to fit.

darkvade420

I've got a 4' axial 180cfm 11w 2300rpm, I was going to do Dr bud style sog so pots are only 6' tall I think I worked out with everything in the cab I'd have between 18 and 20 inches of space for budsicles if heat wasn't an issue. I actually wanted to avoid HID lamps altogether but the only reflector I had found small enough to fit in the cab was for a hps, but the size of the reflector was a misprint so I'm really looking for any alternative. Hence the led

Well I've already got one cab in the corner that's 2.8 sq ft but since I'm sick and can't go anywhere I figured I'd build a second cab and have one for indica doms and one for sativa doms, it's in a large entertainment unit so that's just one side of it but there's no way to increase the size. I've looked at t5's, cfls, hps, pll's and now I'm looking led's so im basically open to anything but it has to fit. The cab is 380mm x 320mm but the door to cab is only 270mm wide so its difficult to get long lights in there as you have to put it in at an angle then tilt it to get it to fit.

sounds nice send us some pics when you get it up and running.!:tumbleweed:

dudin

A few pages back I wrote about a dimmable 150w ballast from alibabaexpress (70$) oh well it works fine. And this is my new setup. Hempy with a 10Ltank. Have one white berry and one blue widow under a 90w LEd ufo right now and they will move in ina a few days.
ei49zd.jpg

dudin

@Disco. Thanks. It's an old safe. 50x55x150cm and it's fireprof. The exhaustfan and the filter is on a shelf over the reflector. Very satisfied with the megalux v reflector.

darkvade420

little off topic

little off topic

picture.php

Here is an update on my grow its an outdoor grow but i thought you guys would apreciate it. im hoping for some random pollent cause the smaller one on the left is the last of my kush plant and id love to get some kinda seed out of her before death.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Those look real nice.:) I hope they load up for ya. Might not be a bad idea to root a cutting or three. You might get some pollen down the road to hit her up with.

darkvade420

welll i have one at my freinds house i gave him and i also gave him a cut from a random male clone so im praying i get them genetics from the kush with the large colas .but its my last chance and idk if i trust my freinds growing skills to much but what do you do?im pretty sure its to late for a decent cut they are about 2 weeks into flower they will just grow retarded leafs and crap for like 2 months + i have a hand full of un sprouted seeds.but ill miss her fat ass buds for sure.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
what do you do?im pretty sure its to late for a decent cut they are about 2 weeks into flower they will just grow retarded leafs and crap for like 2 months

not so true in my experience, if youre good with cloning you can take cuts as late as the 4th week of flower, I have, and theyve rooted just as fast as normal vegging clones using the same method(pucks soaked in water with root juice, clones dipped in cloning powder). if you got a branch or few after stretch to clone out go for it. Id be dumbfounded if it didnt work :biggrin:

darkvade420

ye i can agree w you it will root an it will veg but it take more time to snap back into veg and into good health from the flower stage.the last time i did it the plant grew a bunch of retarded leafs for about 3 -4 weeks after i got it to root then it started to grow.tell you the truth if i realy wanted to keep growing that plant i would but ill miss the fat colas she produced.my goal on my first grow was to grow weed with thc visable on my plant i did that.second strain i wanted fatty colas and i got that too pure fucking luck but i had it.i just need a new goal .probley going to shoot for some super flavorfull bud next.

darkvade420

ok now i had to move all my plants to my freinds house with the male plant so i know im going to harvest some seeds.only thing im wondering is 2 of my bigger plants are going on 2-3 weeks and the mail flowers have not opend up so im guessing they are not shoooting pollen yet so how long after it get pollen will it take to get mature seeeds or do the flowers even need to open for them to get pollenated?

webecat

Check out the VaderOG channal on youtube he shows how he breeds his seeds (He's a member here). I know he lets them go 12 weeks and says the smoke locks you down on your couch.

rootidec

Veteran
hi, as always lurking here :)

I'm starting my 2nd run ever. I've got digi-ballast and Sylvania 150W ("rated" 17500 lm) vert barebulb.
My gear is quite new (4 months) but I wanted to ask YOU: :)

- if there are bulbs better than sylvania, especially if more efficient/with more lumens.
- what rate you change your bulb,
- if there is a chart (or any indication) of how bulbs degrade over time (so that one can better plan bulb's replace schedule)

I'll be running more strains and use smaller pots (less than a 1/4 gal - or 1l) than last time.
I'll come here and ask you advice on how to cram like mad around our beloved 150 :)

thanx, see ya :)

EDIT, PS> sorry if question already asked, just looking for some updated info on 150s, just point me to some thread if I need to do my homework lol...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey, rootidec. Sylvania is probably one of the better bulbs. I usually change mine around 9 months. Never seen anything rated higher than 16k lumens. A light meter might help.

I get e-conolight.com bulbs for ~$6.00 each. They're reliable but I don't know how the rate against other brands.

darkvade420

Check out the VaderOG channal on youtube he shows how he breeds his seeds (He's a member here). I know he lets them go 12 weeks and says the smoke locks you down on your couch.

o ye i have watched that channle for about a year now.he is doing good indoor things my plants outdoor and it could freeze where i live if they go to long.im just going to have to learn with hands on experiance.My females started showing sex before the males im pretty sure thats normal.so i guess the answer is about 4-5 weeks for total maturaty.if not ill have a bunch of half premature seeds all throu my sack .but who knows? i also think the normal wait for out doors is longer then indoors becuse of the natural changes the plant makes rather then forced light schedual.but again who knows?thanks for the responce.

rootidec

Veteran
tnx disco :)
so the 17500 rating could be the shop's fault I guess...
that "popular" hps lumen chart (don't have it on hand) shows 15000 for an average 150w bulb afterall...
I live outside US, so I'm stuck to 15-20€ (25$!) bulbs from top brands (hydroshop's cash register rings in the background...) I get to avoid credit card and just drive 15 mins tho.

Anyways good to know sylvania is still worth - will use it for 1-2 cycles more then :)

willy bibbit

ICMag Donor
new round

new round

alowa

have germed some haze some autoflowers

cheeseberry haze ,amnesia haze and some lebanese .
the ligh 150watts mh is on 12/12 now .
long way to go .
but i love it .:huggg:

willy bibbit
picture.php