What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

S

Sphongle

Thats what ive heard. bigger better right? must be some other kind of rule in light when it comes to multiple lightning? DR.Budgen gets out 4GPW? by doing that method. and when i look at all this beutiful 150watts grows i was really into get 4x150watts. i was thinking of have cooltube on everyone. and ballast heat i don't know. never had a HPS before, have 300CFL atm. PEACE

darkvade420

Thats what ive heard. bigger better right? must be some other kind of rule in light when it comes to multiple lightning? DR.Budgen gets out 4GPW? by doing that method. and when i look at all this beutiful 150watts grows i was really into get 4x150watts. i was thinking of have cooltube on everyone. and ballast heat i don't know. never had a HPS before, have 300CFL atm. PEACE
well if you do everything right with cooling the lights and modifying the homes electrical box it would be a nice grow i have 2 150 watt bulbs going side by side right now and the results are looking ok but if i had a 400w bulb with proper cooling id go for that just becuse i like simpler.

BlueGrassToker

If you go for a 400wHPS it allows you to also use a Ceramic Metal Halide lamp. IMO the CMH400 is one of the best lamps you can use. The spectrum is better for more stages of growth than any HPS. I have grown clones under both HPS and CMH back to back and the CMH harvest is always best. I think that it allows veg stage to do way better than any HPS or smaller wattage CFL etc. and when plant does well in the earlier stages they always produce better quality, and quite often higher yield.

I have shown several stellar grows here that were done using a 400CMH coupled with a 150HPS. The full coverage of spectrum seems to be key.
I'll post up a link for y'all to see my 400x150 cab setup in a minute or three.

darkvade420

picture.php
picture.php
Here is an update on day 46 i just flushed my plant i was runing 2 150w hps for 3 weeks now going back down to just one to finish up.it is just way to hot in my house to run them both any longer.
picture.php

150w hps (+ 50w 6500k CFL for spectrum). I've grown with 150's, 400's, and 1000's. All but my 150w are in storage. For personal use, it is perfect.

Cabinet day 19

picture.php

darkvade420

picture.php

I had to chop this about 6 days earlier then i think i would have liked to but it started to herm on me .probley the heat and few other various screw ups but it seems to be fine either way smells fruity looks dank as hell and i dont have to buy any for awhile now.no more indo fo me till it cools off .good luck everyone keep it green.

mmmcake

sorry for the pic delays. today is day 51 from flip the OGer99 f2 girls are starting to fill in. here are a couple shots from today.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

darkvade420

picture.php
picture.php

Here is the main cola from my bush its a little airy do to the heat and i decided to chop it about 1 week early do to herming but its still pretty nice.my final wieght was 2.5 zips from this one plant.

rootidec

Veteran
hi all,
first time caller long time listener : )
I read almost all of this thread last year and finally landed my first setup in february.
I've got up to 8 of these plants around a 150w vertical:

thanx for all the info on this thread!!!

darkvade420

Latest posts

Latest posts