What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

M

MsSweetPea

Thank you all :tiphat:

Thank you all :tiphat:

:rasta:

This is a very common situation in small grow set-ups. The fan is it's own worse enemy. It is constantly circulating humidity and dust, and both build up on the fan's bearings causing resistance. If you mist in your grow space it happens even faster. The quick easy solution is just a tiny squirt with a can of WD-40, PB Blaster, or almost any penetrating type oil on each of the bearings. After a few minutes it usually will be running as good as new. Once the bearings start to go, they will continue to deteriorate, and require more frequent applications of WD-40 to keep things spinning freely. This is not a fix, but it could get you another year of use, giving you plenty of time to figure out what type of permanent arrangement you want to implement.

:rasta:

Now that's the kind of information I'm looking for! :good: Helps me keep a few bucks in my pocket for a bit longer. :yes:
Thank you as well DiscoBiscuit and jpizle for the links and information :ying: They will come in handy when it's time to make some changes.

my 150 is back up plus i have two 45 watt cfls n two 22 watt cfls along with it. iim veggin some autos horizontal but ill probally flower vertical circular, will see. ill take some pics in a month.

Budderball

Hey guys...epic thread. This is my first time growing buds. I'm using a 150w Floralux HPS and a few small CFLs for side lighting. They're 2 different bag seed and ~3.5 weeks since first pistil. Any suggestions?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
Honestly BB, if this your first time and that's bagseed, I don't think you need many tips at this point =). Though I will say from your 2nd pic, you could tie up your plant a bit more to help even out her canopy. I see you've already done some good tying down, so how about some more?

Budderball

Honestly BB, if this your first time and that's bagseed, I don't think you need many tips at this point =). Though I will say from your 2nd pic, you could tie up your plant a bit more to help even out her canopy. I see you've already done some good tying down, so how about some more?

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have one grow under my belt, but these are my first buds. First one turned out to be a male.

I just tied those 2 tallest colas on the right so they are now filling that center void. This made them a little shorter, and should allow those smaller colas on the far right receive better light. It's looking a lot more even overall, should work out nicely. Thanks for the input man. I'll get some better pics for you guys on Saturday.

BlueGrassToker

Real nice for your first buds, Budder! My only suggestions are to be patient...and don't do the test bud thing too much. Wait till they fatten up rightly and enjoy what looks to be some nice nugs. Some strains will surprise you with how much bulk they gain in the last couple weeks.

Budderball

Real nice for your first buds, Budder! My only suggestions are to be patient...and don't do the test bud thing too much. Wait till they fatten up rightly and enjoy what looks to be some nice nugs. Some strains will surprise you with how much bulk they gain in the last couple weeks.

Thanks BG, appreciate the tips as well. I was planning on trying a multi-staged harvest, think it would be beneficial to harvest the top half then letting the lower popcorn buds fill out?

Anyways, I have a thread with pictures of my progress from the beginning if anyone is interested. Posted some pretty crispy bud shots in there from this past Saturday(26th).

Peace. :dance013:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238717

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
BB there are plenty of people who do what you just described. Would recommend you get a small pocket microscope if you don't already have one from Radio Shack $10. Then you can actually check the trichomes to see how mature they are before you chop individually.

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
Also, here's an update of the only thing I got going right now. My Sour Boggle @ day 27 flower, I should have trained my plant alot but this grow was somewhat of a pain to get started. And I had to pay back my free genetics with lots of clones, but she's okay.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jpizle

^^ Looks dank bro.

Hell yea!

Whats up one fiddyers, been lurkin as usual and DAMN theres some nice work goin on up in here. Thought I'd post up a few pics..

First one is an old pic of my Blue Himalaya Deisel(autoflower) at around 5 weeks from seed(I think). Totally pulled a stoner move and forgot to take a pic right before chop and of the dry results like I usually do. Anyway ended up with a z after the smoke cleared, it fattened up nicely after this pic. Like what I'm seein from the lil autos in 1gal of soil crammed in the veg cab.

And the only other pic I have is of the dry main cola, was bout 10-11g

Keep rollin everbody :headbange

Peace

darkvade420

Keep rollin everbody :headbange

Peace[/quote]

iTS ALL LOOkin Great.
My plant is lookin kinda goofy. it was suppost to be a mother plant and i was hoping to grow single cola plants originaly so now im growing a bush again lol WTF>? its not to bad i did go with 300 watts on this bush and so far the nugs are about the sizr of the nugs from my last plant week 8 and its on day 26 so who knows>? im getting mild burns on some of the leafs im pretty sure im running my ppm a tad high.but im not going to hold back the nutes. i need to learn more about flushing plants during flower stage.:woohoo:

jpizle

Man I've flushed once like week 8-9(chop @ 10) and I've not flushed at all several times now each way and I swear I cant tell the difference in the smoke....

+ 2 cent

darkvade420

Man I've flushed once like week 8-9(chop @ 10) and I've not flushed at all several times now each way and I swear I cant tell the difference in the smoke....

+ 2 cent
yep i got the end flush down to a science but some people who are running tipy toes on the ppm will flush a few times during the growth to reduce the salts and lower the burns. but i cant figure what week this would be recommended and when ? like right after a feeding or maybe skiping a feeding after ? i have no clue but im sure my ppm is a tad high i have about 15 half crisp leafs on week 4 of 12 12 and i dont want to lower my ppm .lol

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi to all! This is my current work with 150w hps...

Caramelo:

picture.php

Sweet Special not automatic version:

picture.php

picture.php

Psicodelicia:

picture.php

picture.php

e_24

Well my plant hermed on me. I didn't see a cluster of naners until they popped open. Finnally went into my cab the other day, and saw seeds in my calyxs! Cut down half at week 4 and kept the rest for seeds. I'm demoting this cab to veg status, and storage after this run. I'm not fully utilizing my light, so I'm on the lookout for a new cab. And my light was using waaaay to many watts. 378 to be exact. Its a security light, one of 10 I got on the CL for 100 bucks. Why would this light be using so much power? Transformer dying? Regardless, I think I'm gonna roll with a digital 150 and see where things take me.

yep i got the end flush down to a science but some people who are running tipy toes on the ppm will flush a few times during the growth to reduce the salts and lower the burns. but i cant figure what week this would be recommended and when ? like right after a feeding or maybe skiping a feeding after ? i have no clue but im sure my ppm is a tad high i have about 15 half crisp leafs on week 4 of 12 12 and i dont want to lower my ppm .lol

Yea i started asking around bc im few weeks from harvesting my wwxbb. Common answer i found was it doesn't really make a difference. Other than if u flush ir makes plants use its stored nutes. Doing a gradual cut back the closer u get to chop time. Like end up few days before u cut giving 25% nutes. I did bit of research lasy few nights and that's what i wad able to come up with. Here's my wwxbb that i vegged wit 150 but now have 400 for flowrring.
View attachment 168804 View attachment 168805 View attachment 168806

Last edited:

darkvade420

Yea i started asking around bc im few weeks from harvesting my wwxbb. Common answer i found was it doesn't really make a difference. Other than if u flush ir makes plants use its stored nutes. Doing a gradual cut back the closer u get to chop time. Like end up few days before u cut giving 25% nutes. I did bit of research lasy few nights and that's what i wad able to come up with. Here's my wwxbb that i vegged wit 150 but now have 400 for flowrring.
View attachment 168804 View attachment 168805 View attachment 168806
Lookin good what you thinking 3-4 more weeks?