What's new

15,000 watts and a few questions. Suggestions?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
15kw is insane, have you tried to scrog plants under 15kw, guaranteed alot more bud then letting them grow normally.

whats your res size?

You're joking, right? SCROG is way too labor intensive for any scale like this, it's rare to even see 2-4KW SCROGS, let along 15K.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I have learned over the years from the collective knowledge on these sites over many years. I feel compelled to give back. What I learn from sweat and tears I teach to all to save them from the same. I think my work is done in the slime sticky and now I think I must start a new thread about this issue that I see very often and get it up in the stickies.

Tropik

You're joking, right? SCROG is way too labor intensive for any scale like this, it's rare to even see 2-4KW SCROGS, let along 15K.

Im sure its labour intensive, just as labour intensive as your sitting in your chair tapping on your keyboard.

'rare to see 2-4KW', how long have you been growing for ?

I guess we do it differently in Europe, we care for our plants and maximise all environmental factors and conditions right down to what we put in our medium.

Having loads of light is great, but maximising to full potencial under a smaller amount of light to get the same results as e.g 15/16KW is even better

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Im sure its labour intensive, just as labour intensive as your sitting in your chair tapping on your keyboard.

'rare to see 2-4KW', how long have you been growing for ?

I guess we do it differently in Europe, we care for our plants and maximise all environmental factors and conditions right down to what we put in our medium.

Having loads of light is great, but maximising to full potencial under a smaller amount of light to get the same results as e.g 15/16KW is even better

Dude it's all about efficiency:

If you put in more than the results are worth it's called "wasting" resources whether that be time, money, effort etc.

I think the above principles work the same way in Europe...don't they? :rolleyes:

:wave:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran

Fucking free market is a bitch, isn't it!
Good thing I don't pay what you do for Energy.:thank you:

Rednick

Veteran

Exactly!

You nailed it there. But sitting tapping on 'his' keyboard is giving him IDEAS, TRIALS/TRIBULATIONS, and sometimes KNOWLEDGE.

So for him, the opportunity cost of labor intensive SCROG is greater than the cost; electicity, rent, equipement, Internet, idle time, ect.

Feel me?

Harvest time is going to take enough effort as is.

Thaniel

Good thing you guys can't even fly to each other right now!! Okay, so here are shots from tonight. I am at this point confident to quite confident that things are no longer getting worse. In fact, they may even be improving! : )

I have now upped the mag pro even more and also upped the pro-tek. It seems that these need to go together to avoid serious PH issues. dyna gro issue I guess...

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 6

Thaniel

Thanks to everyone for the help. This place is great.

After looking at these photos, I realize I didn't have any real closeups. That will have to wait until next time.

Thaniel.

Attachments

• IMG_3880.JPG
    IMG_3880.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3881.JPG
    IMG_3881.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3882.JPG
    IMG_3882.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3883.JPG
    IMG_3883.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 6

Rednick

Veteran
Having those lights higher seem to make a big difference?

You have a shit ton of light, I didn't pay attention to that earlier.

Ladies are looking good. Better start looking for manual labor now, you are going to need it.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Ladies are looking good. Better start looking for manual labor now, you are going to need it.

Isn't that the truth!

It's either involving a few people or getting mechanical help...

Personally I would always prefer mechanical help...you know...machines don't talk!...lol

Rednick

Veteran
Isn't that the truth!

It's either involving a few people or getting mechanical help...

Personally I would always prefer mechanical help...you know...machines don't talk!...lol

But until I find a pair of lazer-guided shears, I must put up with the bullshit.

Edit: Probably Sonar, so it didn't fuck with the trichs.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
But until I find a pair of lazer-guided shears, I must put up with the bullshit.

Edit: Probably Sonar, so it didn't fuck with the trichs.

Naw man I'd rather have a few messed up trichs than the issues that come with human trimmers...

First of all and most important as we all know "Lose lips sink ships" and second unfortunately human trimmers get greedy really easy...and all of a sudden nuggs "vanish" in to the trimming clipping bag...under baseball hats...in to bras and a few more possible "cavities"...lol
(I am sure you get my point)

:)

Rednick

Veteran
Naw man I'd rather have a few messed up trichs than the issues that come with human trimmers...

First of all and most important as we all know "Lose lips sink ships" and second unfortunately human trimmers get greedy really easy...and all of a sudden nuggs "vanish" in to the trimming clipping bag...under baseball hats...in to bras and a few more possible "cavities"...lol
(I am sure you get my point)

:)
That's why we get 'Necked'!

That is why I grow with my husband, it divideds the work in 2 ways, and we do a perpetual harvest, so we don't get slammed with having to harvest any more than 12 plants at one time (still, 12 a week is a lot). Trimming is not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it must get done.

Unfortunately not everyone has the same philosiphy, recently one of the kids my husband and I are teaching how to grow harvested all of his plants and had 14 people come over to help him trim, none of them knew what they were doing, so I guess they did what they thought was best. I haven't seen the harvest, but I know he's itching to show it off.... still 14 people to help trim is insane.

Neo 420

Veteran
That is why I grow with my husband, it divideds the work in 2 ways, and we do a perpetual harvest, so we don't get slammed with having to harvest any more than 12 plants at one time (still, 12 a week is a lot)..

OMG.. You are a jewel. When you get a divorce, please hit me..

Really tho. I am impressed. My wife gets mad mat at me when I call her and ask her just to turn on my CO2. I fixed that issue by buying a controller:)