What's new

15,000 watts and a few questions. Suggestions?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i got the merlin garden pro as well, it was pricey and i take shit from ppl on the forums all the time saying i could have gotten one much cheaper, but as i say; too late, and i like the performance

Thaniel

So great news is that the PH only dropped to 5.8 today from 5.9/6 after the res change yesterday.. other good news is that the EC dropped from 2.1 to about 1.8. I guess they are doing a really good job feeding right now.

I still have an issue with the canoe shaped leaves, but I was told by someone else who has grown this strain in the area that it's quite normal for hindu skunk, so I'm not too worried. My mag level should be good, and I don't want to overdo it.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I had been dealing with canoe or taco leaves for a few weeks. I couldn't figure it out and then I measured and my 1k's were 14-15 inches from the tops and they were stressing. i raised the lights and it dissapperaed.

Then the plants grew 5 inches in the last few days and what do ya know/ Yep canoe is back. So I need to raise my lights again.

Just my experience these last few weeks. never came up when using lower wattages.

funny you mention the hindu skunk being susceptible because out of all my strains in the garden right now, the one that does it the soonest is the space cheese which is half Skunk 1 UK cheese.

HTH
Smiley

Thaniel

Today at lights on, my PH was down to 5.2 and EC at 1.8. I added only plain water to the res, along with some PH up to get it up to about 5.8. This just might be the end of dyna gro for me...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Today at lights on, my PH was down to 5.2 and EC at 1.8. I added only plain water to the res, along with some PH up to get it up to about 5.8. This just might be the end of dyna gro for me...

Earlier I had some thoughts about the size of your grow and all those adjustments needed and was thinking maybe you want to look in to getting yourself a pallet of FFOF, Tropf Blumats for auto-watering and a bunch of Smart Pots (or THESE "Gro Pots", unlike Smart Pots they have handles and are easier to move around!).

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger thread and the links in his signature are a good example how to set it up.

Soil grows done with quality stuff are more forgiving and usually have less volatile responses to changes than Hydro grows do.

:)

if your ph drops like that add tap water to the res to adjust the ph until it climbs instead of ph up and when changing the res if the ph is 6.3 or 6.5 leave it alone and feed and it will drop over a day or so. i took me forever to balance my ph problem in my hydro grodan tree set up. this is what fixed it. my ph usually settles at 5.9 after 1 day then climbs up to 6.2 6.3 by the end of the week for change out. slow ph climb is good i think gives the plant more room to suck up better ranges of nutes. just my opinion. but it looks like your doing a great job. grow on

Thaniel

Wow, I just figured out the "new gallery". Pretty cool, I thought that I was out of space with photos, but figured that there had to be another gallery if my current one was labeled "old gallery"..

Great, anyway, I decided to just stick with the dynagro for now. I switched PH up brands, and now need much less of it. Plants seem to be doing okay, and the buds are continuing to grow. I think they have even greened up a bit.

Here we go. DAY 39

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thaniel

So turns out to be not such a great day. I see now that these bitches are getting pollinated. I first noticed around the prefllowers, how they were all swollen. Now I see even in the buds, something is happening.

Frustrating. I think my best option at this point is to flush right away and hack them down almost 3 weeks early.

Tips on a quick flushing?

Better days will be ahead.

Thaniel.

Thaniel

I'm not sure. My last grow hermied in the last week, not a big enough of a problem to produce seeds, I guess it is possible that some pollen stuck around in the room and with fans get circulated?

Its either that, or it is coming in from the area outside. If this is the case I guess I need an intake filter for the room itself?

In the case of pollen from last round, how do I eradicate it from the room? Bleach everything? Does that do it?

Thaniel

I'm draining the reservoir at the moment. With every passing day, these seeds will be developing, so I need to get these plants down fast. I'll be flushing starting in an hour after everything drains.

Ugh. this is not what I needed.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
SHIT!!!

Well bleaching EVERYTHING will surely cure the problem. Also if at some point one or two plants couldn't handle the stress then yes they may have hermied on you pollinating the females.

If you're dead set on taking them down I recommend zapping the root system so that the plant cannibalizes itself in the process. You're in hydro so you can see results in as little as 3 to 6 days. You will need a flushing agent. Final phase is good here but any will do. This should be used to lockout the root zone and begin the flushing process. You'll end up with something that wouldn't be harsh to smoke.

SHIT!!!! I was really looking forward to this grow harvest. Question, would it be so bad if you let them go all the way. K some seeds but I know your next will be top notch.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
If they hermied late you might get away with it. Cut em off and keep it going, I reckon.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
thaniel dont hack them down, heres my take on things.

i dont think your plants hermied, i think its just stress nanners, which usually happens late in flowering when plants have been under stress, they are nearing the end and have not been pollinated, so in the plants instincts for survival it pushes out a few nanners in hopes of trying to pollinate its self, but like i said its nothing to worry about.

seeds take longer than the buds to mature.
hacking plants down early will severly reduce yield.
in 3 weeks ther is not enough time for seeds to produce them selves, let alone mature

imo if you let them go you will get a FEW premature seeds in your whole batch, and by a few im guessing that maybe 100 premature seeds out of that whole crop.

but if you cut 3 weeks early then you can see your yield being cut in half, considering in the lkast 2-3 weeks is when MJ swells and puts on most of its wieght.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

imo if you let them go you will get a FEW premature seeds in your whole batch, and by a few im guessing that maybe 100 premature seeds out of that whole crop.

What do you think a dispensary is going to do if they find just one seed in a crop?