What's new

15,000 watts and a few questions. Suggestions?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
the hydro store by my house rents a trimmer for 200$ for the weekend, i plan to get it and try it out, and if i like it ill buy it.

when i do use it i will surly post a vid and pics and let others decide if it is for them or not, i want quality trimm but more importasntly i want to be able to trim 40 lbs in 2 days at max, without human help

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
Good thing you guys can't even fly to each other right now!! Okay, so here are shots from tonight. I am at this point confident to quite confident that things are no longer getting worse. In fact, they may even be improving! : )

I have now upped the mag pro even more and also upped the pro-tek. It seems that these need to go together to avoid serious PH issues. dyna gro issue I guess...

Sweet. . .

richyrich

Veteran
Having those lights higher seem to make a big difference?

You have a shit ton of light, I didn't pay attention to that earlier.

Ladies are looking good. Better start looking for manual labor now, you are going to need it.

That was a big factor here, the lights. The plants were in overdrive and then you add CO2 and then they were pushed into warp drive.

Raising the lights and dropping the CO2 for now will greatly slow down their metabolism allowing them to recover easier and quicker with that addition of calmag.

Thaniel, once you feel they have turned around, then start lowering the lights and adding the CO2 back in increments. Heavy lumens and CO2 are best at the 4th week of bloom and on. That is when the plant puts itself into peak overdrive for flower production. That would stand to reckon with the suggested times to add the PK flower boosters. The plants needs for cal and mag will diminish at this time.

Its all about learning your strain and how it reacts to the environment you have provided and dialing it in!!!

Thaniel

I have actually never used co2, so that is not a factor here...

I'm not sure if my issues are over with. I seem to have a bit of burning, and the leaves are perhaps curling in even more. My EC is 1.5. Can you guys confirm the burn? Or is this still a deficiency?

Attachments

• IMG_3886.JPG
    IMG_3886.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3894.JPG
    IMG_3894.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 11

Thaniel

A few more...

And this dyna gro seems to be keeping my ph super low, and maybe this is locking out magnesium.. I have been having to add a ton of ph up to keep the ph up. Maybe I need to go more to keep it around 6? Past few days has been about 5.5....

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Magnesium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.7
Magnesium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.8-9.1
(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Magnesium deficiency.

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3901.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 10

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
the hydro store by my house rents a trimmer for 200$ for the weekend, i plan to get it and try it out, and if i like it ill buy it.

when i do use it i will surly post a vid and pics and let others decide if it is for them or not, i want quality trimm but more importasntly i want to be able to trim 40 lbs in 2 days at max, without human help

Not gonna happen by yourself amigo, even a big Centurion takes a crew of 4-6 people to run it, plus at least that many to de-leaf and pluck buds first. 40# takes time or people, but you must have one or the other.

richyrich

Veteran
IMO, at first it looks like some of the leaves appear to be showing nute burn, i.e: yellow tips (tip burn) and yellowing edges.

I am going to say that it is actually cal mag deficiency. That is what it looks like at the very beginning sometimes.

What got me is that you said that you have to keep on adjusting with ph up. As you said, you may have them locked out ph wise from being to low on ph.

Another thing to be aware of: using too much ph up (potassium hydroxide and/or potassium carbonate, brand dependent), can cause an imbalance with too much potassium and cause a lockout--ph correct or not.

Here is something I should of shared with you too. This is just an FYI. Some strains just do not like a lot of lumens and will canoe no matter what. The only way to know is to know that you have everything dialed in and they still canoe.

Thaniel

RR- Thanks. Do you know anything about these dyna gro nutrients? The mag-pro that they have lowers the PH soooo much, its unbelievable. I think they recommend that you use this pro-tek silicon additive to about the same proportion as mag-pro because it is suuuupeer high in PH. So, I could just be adding more of this silicon shit, and then perhaps it would be fine. I just didn't want to over-do it.

What I'll do is wait another day, and on Monday do a complete res change again, this time a bit easier on the base nutrient, hard on mag-pro, and hard on the pro-tek, probably even more than the mag-pro in order to keep the ph up...

I was kind of aware of issues that can arrise from adding too much PH up or down. It just seems that it doesnt matter how much of this ph up I add, it always goes right back down to 5.4. I think I need to add always more pro-tek than mag-pro and it will be fine. From the start, I probably should have just stayed with pbp, and just hit it a lot harder with the cal mag, but oh well.... I'm determined that this dyna grow should work.

Edit: I also raised the lights up another inch or 2. The shaded buds don't have quite the issues as the others....

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
just thaught id mention this;

i have noticed if i start with water with an incorrect ph , then mix my nutes, the ph will drop to an undesirable number, then i have to mix ph- and ph+ to get it right but it takes a shitload to correct it, i believe this is because the buffers in the ferts, the better quality ph buffers in the ferts the harder it is to correct the ph.

to solve this problem i correct the starting waters ph before i add any nutes, then add the nutes and after eavh nute added i mix then check ph. after all nute mixing is done my ph is usually exactly where i need it or needs minimal readjusting

andl

change the res and feed them less

its due to overfeeding, dont add the cal-mag bomb to them, as stated before if your ph drops the plants only drinking water, so less water +more nutes (p) = ph drop

the leafs which curl upwards is due to heat, or nutes.

richyrich

Veteran
RR- Thanks. Do you know anything about these dyna gro nutrients? The mag-pro that they have lowers the PH soooo much, its unbelievable. I think they recommend that you use this pro-tek silicon additive to about the same proportion as mag-pro because it is suuuupeer high in PH. So, I could just be adding more of this silicon shit, and then perhaps it would be fine. I just didn't want to over-do it.

What I'll do is wait another day, and on Monday do a complete res change again, this time a bit easier on the base nutrient, hard on mag-pro, and hard on the pro-tek, probably even more than the mag-pro in order to keep the ph up...

I was kind of aware of issues that can arrise from adding too much PH up or down. It just seems that it doesnt matter how much of this ph up I add, it always goes right back down to 5.4. I think I need to add always more pro-tek than mag-pro and it will be fine. From the start, I probably should have just stayed with pbp, and just hit it a lot harder with the cal mag, but oh well.... I'm determined that this dyna grow should work.

Edit: I also raised the lights up another inch or 2. The shaded buds don't have quite the issues as the others....

Are you adding back water to the fill line in your rez before you add ph up? If not start doing that and then check ph before you adjust. If not the water add back should bring your ph back to the right spot.

The shaded buds showing less signs is a big indicator that the lights are the factor here as I have explained earlier.

No experience with dyna gro nutes. I like house & garden, the whole line up or advanced nutes, just their base nutes only.