What's new

126x3w LED tent grow

oneshot

pics of clone

pics of clone

Here are the pics of the Bubba Kush clone

Roots are at the bottom on the other sides.

Thanks for watching :dance013::dance013:

looking good oneshot, can't wait to see those go into flowering.

how's the algae growth on the clear containers? I'm sure it's easier to manage since they're much smaller than buckets. I was worried the algae would creep into my buckets but cleaning the coasters once in a while was all that it needed.

anyways keep up the good work!

oneshot

looking good oneshot, can't wait to see those go into flowering.

how's the algae growth on the clear containers? I'm sure it's easier to manage since they're much smaller than buckets. I was worried the algae would creep into my buckets but cleaning the coasters once in a while was all that it needed.

anyways keep up the good work!

Thanks for swinging over, saw your reply in Hempy thread too. I think I am just burning the seedlings with the nute water. I'm pissed at myself TBH, wasted $50 in seeds :(

I haven't noticed any algae yet on the 2L. I won't be using anymore 2L's though. This was a one time thing for investigative reasons only. I just wanted to see what roots can really do in Hempy and how the water works, any blockages, how my mixing was of the media, etc. Was a learning thing only. They are going to be going into 1gallon black buckets when transplanted into final buckets though :)

Thanks for swinging over, saw your reply in Hempy thread too. I think I am just burning the seedlings with the nute water. I'm pissed at myself TBH, wasted $50 in seeds :(

I haven't noticed any algae yet on the 2L. I won't be using anymore 2L's though. This was a one time thing for investigative reasons only. I just wanted to see what roots can really do in Hempy and how the water works, any blockages, how my mixing was of the media, etc. Was a learning thing only. They are going to be going into 1gallon black buckets when transplanted into final buckets though :)

Awesome. I wish I could see through my buckets too because I'm curious as to how the water behaves as I pour it in. I was thinking of making a DIY water-level indicator so I'll know when the plants are thirsty and when they're good to go a few more days. I haven't found the right materials yet but I'm thinking big straw attached to the side with another lighter stick/rod inside the straw that rises and falls with the water level.

Anyways I'm sorry to hear about your seeds, I've killed my share of seeds out of germination but luckily I'm learning on bagseeds. I'm hoping you find a good solution to your seeds. I would definitely just feed them RO water until you see more root growth. I think having a humidity dome over the seedlings will help as well. good luck!

Megas

Can you take a picture of the outside looking into your tent, I'm looking at the same one but I'd like to see how everything fits. Thanks bud

oneshot

Can you take a picture of the outside looking into your tent, I'm looking at the same one but I'd like to see how everything fits. Thanks bud

What specifically are you looking for so I can try to make sure

Edit:

Here are some. It's kind of hard to get a good picture of it. I don't have a lot of space to back up and get it all in frame. Hopefully this gives you an idea.

I need to rework the filter/fan. I don't like where it's sitting and I am limited in the distance I can push the light back. It's also leaning. I can probably move it over a few more inches to the right but it's a pain in the ass. That is my one huge gripe about this grow, this fucking Can 33 filter. It's god damn obnoxiously big/heavy (12"x12"x13", 23lbs). I need to figure out what to do with it.

Megas

What specifically are you looking for so I can try to make sure

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35700&pictureid=852814&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Thanks, after blowing this one up I think it will do. I am really surprised a carbon scrubber fits in there. I am thinking about buying one of these for a discrete grow, so noise and smell are an issue. What else would work for odor removal that might fit inside there?
Also how strong is the frame for this thing? Thanks bud!

oneshot

Thanks, after blowing this one up I think it will do. I am really surprised a carbon scrubber fits in there. I am thinking about buying one of these for a discrete grow, so noise and smell are an issue. What else would work for odor removal that might fit inside there?
Also how strong is the frame for this thing? Thanks bud!

Not sure what else? Carbon Scrubber is the only thing I trust really for smell.

I think the tent can support up to 28lbs. It's a well made tent. www.lighthousehydro.com has videos of them and such.

oneshot

I lied last night! I checked the cab today and all of the GDP's are now above the media and sprouting.

I turned off the fan in the cab to see if that would help not dry the cups out. Seems like it worked!

thighrod

Mounting the filter outside the tent will definitely work for you. Fans and scrubbers work in either direction. And although some will tell you there is a slight change in performance, it's not enough to sway me to prefer one over the other.

Basically, instead of "pulling" the air through the filter, you'll be "pushing" it through.

So instead of having your filter mounted on the intake side of the fan, change it so it's attached to the exhaust side. Mount the combo so they are sitting outside the tent and sucking the air out of it and pushing it through the filter. Simple as that!

oneshot

Mounting the filter outside the tent will definitely work for you. Fans and scrubbers work in either direction. And although some will tell you there is a slight change in performance, it's not enough to sway me to prefer one over the other.

Basically, instead of "pulling" the air through the filter, you'll be "pushing" it through.

So instead of having your filter mounted on the intake side of the fan, change it so it's attached to the exhaust side. Mount the combo so they are sitting outside the tent and sucking the air out of it and pushing it through the filter. Simple as that!

Oh, yeah I don't want to do that. Too many cons vs pros in that situation. Pushing through a filter is not something I will ever want to do.

thighrod

Suit yourself - I have seen it done many times with no ill effects. Besides, you'll be able to tell pretty quick whether or not it works (it will).

T

trem0lo

Hey oneshot, looking great so far. I wish I had that kind of space! Have you thought of securing the can filter with big industrial zipties? You could strap that sucker down so it was more flush with the tent framing.

When a plant gets rootbound I think it just stops growing and becomes generally unhappy. The roots swirl in circles inside the container with nowhere to go. Judging by your pictures, though, they've got a ways to go before that happens.

oneshot

Hey oneshot, looking great so far. I wish I had that kind of space! Have you thought of securing the can filter with big industrial zipties? You could strap that sucker down so it was more flush with the tent framing.

When a plant gets rootbound I think it just stops growing and becomes generally unhappy. The roots swirl in circles inside the container with nowhere to go. Judging by your pictures, though, they've got a ways to go before that happens.

Thanks for stopping in! I strapped it down via the straps that came with the tent finally. It's pulled up tight as it can go. It's just so fucking wide!

I think you might have been wrong about the transplanting though! The plants didn't really look any 'better' today so I decided it was time to transplant the 3 older ones.

I think I was right! Holy Ramen Noodles Batman

So, Hempy cups/buckets work. Lucas formula is killing it (8ml/gal of FloraNova) I also am adding 5ml/gal of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt. Crazy how thick it's making the stems. pH water @ 6.0 is killing it and dialed in. PPM and whatever I don't care about! LIVING ON THE EDGE!!

Here is a group shot of them in their new homes. GDP 1-5 are up front. Cotton Candy is in the solo cup on the left. I think THAT might be root bound too given the shape it's been looking. All droopy and sad and hasn't really gotten any bigger. it's on the side of the cup so I am thinking it went straight down instead of out. Blue Mystic #1 is all the way to the right in the solo cup. Buba Kush clone is sitting tall. Gonna start LST'ing that slut tomorrow. I say 2-3 more weeks before I flip it to 12/12. Hopefully the GDP picks up the pace.

EDIT: new video of the tent from the iPad 1080p
http://youtu.be/Gy-NtbQmy00?hd=1
Please do not give this link out. Dunno why the embed isn't working?

New iPad day and transplant day!!! I am so pumped, hopefully you can tell!

T

trem0lo

LOL guess I should have looked closer! Just add water and MSG and you've got an Asian treat... they'll really take off in their new homes, I'm sure.

You'll be glad you went with the oversized filter when you get late into flowering. During my first grow I had a couple "oh shit" moments when caught a whiff of my grow outside of my apartment because my scrubber was too small. Dealing with a huge filter is surely preferable to that!