What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126x3w LED tent grow

oneshot

Lets say it was in a closer/ wardobe type thing can you hear it?
If it was next to your head would you be able to sleep? (the fans not the bright lights)

If it's in a closet or something I really doubt you would hear it. If you had an intimate relationship with it and had it on the pillow next to you, you probably couldn't sleep :)

I have it in a tent, in a closet. The tent distance from my bed is probably 7-8' maybe? I can hear the tent if everything is silent and I listen for it. It's mostly the can fan though. If I turn the can filter off, I don't think I can hear the tent. I have no issues sleeping with it on.

jackflash007

mine is the flower model so no pics in veg i used 250wcfl
i started using led for last wk of veg and i`ve jus finished first wk in flower
and so far so good i use600w hps normally
thing i have notice straight away in no stetching yet even tho first wk of flower and yes the
crowning has happened plus extra so its all good

oneshot

mine is the flower model so no pics in veg i used 250wcfl
i started using led for last wk of veg and i`ve jus finished first wk in flower
and so far so good i use600w hps normally
thing i have notice straight away in no stetching yet even tho first wk of flower and yes the
crowning has happened plus extra so its all good

Mine is the flower one. Decided to just use it for veg as well. Looking forward to seeing your results!

J

joejusttyped

I have wanted to see the Blackstar in action. So don't disappear. :good:

Some nug grown with a 240w blackstar

ExtremaA.jpg

Goodluck with ya grow oneshot

oneshot

I have a big 125W CFL w/ reflector sitting here unused. I am contemplating removing the LED for vegging and switching it out for this CFL. I don't think both would fit in the tent. Unless the CFL won't mind sitting on the floor of the tent? In the reflector kind of balancing?

jackflash007

i would 2 lights are always better than 1
get it in there
minimum electricity maximum light
you need all the light you can get in veg these led not set for veg too many red
as i said b4 no stretch in flower so get them as big as u can b4 switch

oneshot

i would 2 lights are always better than 1
get it in there
minimum electricity maximum light
you need all the light you can get in veg these led not set for veg too many red
as i said b4 no stretch in flower so get them as big as u can b4 switch

I added it last night. It's sitting on the floor of the tent zip-tied to the tent pole. It didn't raise the temps at all (this setup seems perfect) and is blasting them with light. I'm gonna leave the LED in there though.

Some pics!
Group shot of the seedlings. The cups without a seedling are the Blue Mystic plants. I don't think they are going to come out/make it :(

Probably the biggest one so far:

Clone I was gifted of Sour Diesel (I believe). Transplanted it from soil into the 2L hempy bucket. It has really taken off.

Cotton Candy decided to come out!

Current tent setup with the CFL in there.

psyphish

Veteran
Hope the blackstar works out for you. I just replaced mine with a 250w CMH last week. I'm really happy I made the switch, better in every way.

J

joejusttyped

Hope the blackstar works out for you. I just replaced mine with a 250w CMH last week. I'm really happy I made the switch, better in every way.

what were you growing when you used the blackstar? was the light the only change you made in your setup? why not use both ligts?:wave:

oneshot

Snapped some pics today while I had the LED off and the CFL on.

The growth difference between 3/6 and today is very noticeable in the pics. Wonder if the roots hit the bottom.
closest tiny plant is the Cotton Candy Feminized seedling. She's a grower I guess. Loved the feeding.

The back middle cup is my strongest plant right now I think (sans BK clone). #2 cup

I trashed both of the Blue Mystics. Both of them didn't even sprout. All brown. I tried! I should stop maybe getting Nirvana genetics or something :/ I am noticing some MINOR tip burn on the clone leaves. I am looking on brand new growth and I don't believe I see it. It could just be a little stress she went through. My from seed plants look fucking incredible though so that's why I am not stressing too much. I have to pick up some cal-mag as well. Usually yellow line down the leaves is a good sign of Mg def?

They are being replaced by the 3 germinating GDP seeds.

So in total I will have:
1 Cotton Candy Fem (have another identical seed as well, saving for cloner)
3 GDP (if all germinate)
3 Schnozzleberry x Blue Velvet
1 Bubba Kush (thought the clone was SD, turns out its BK)

I would do more but I have ZERO idea how this will smell, if I get lucky with ladies. So I am just kind of playing it by ear. My filter setup should be ok but I have never had a grow go this well so far. It's incredible what Hempy / Lucas formula can do. I was wasting time before.

I'm currently reading up on topping but I am not quite sure when I should do it. I want to get that BK clone going bushy and will DEFINITELY want to top the GDP to get a lot more yield.

Sorry the updates are going slow! Hopefully by next week the plants will be more mature and I can start thinking about transplanting.

Ok now I am rambling, off to smoke some romulan that I overpaid for because I am a chump for the next 2-3 months :/ :jump:

oneshot

2 week update

2 week update

Tonight marks the 2 week period from seeds in cup to today! The clone is also 2 weeks old since vegging.

On to the bad stuff...I seem to be having problems getting seeds to pop out of the media all of a sudden. They are turning brown after a few days and don't end up going anywhere. I think I am going to have 3 out of 5 GDP seeds not popping out of media. I wonder if it's because I am giving 4ml/gal water when putting them in the hempy cup. I can't remember if I did that with the cotton candy or not.

Any advice would be great. Don't want to waste anymore seeds. Limited amount...

On to the light situation. I am going to be changing out the Blackstar to a new light. I'll have more info on that when the light comes in this week or early next week. It is a 126x3W LED light.

On to the plants. The ones above ground are doing AWESOME IMO. I tell ya, Lucas formula + Hempy bucket = success. I am getting nice dark fan leaves, already at 7 leaves. They are growing daily. I am pretty sure the roots are at the bottom of the cup. I might transplant next week. Temps are staying under 80 even with the CFL on. RH is under 40%.

The clones roots are at the bottom of the 2L bottle. Time to watch it bunch up. Will probably start LST'ing. I tried to top it and I think I really hurt the plant. It also seems to be locking out some nutes but I think that's because I accidentally gave it 6.6 pH water a couple times.

On to some pictures (will probably split this up)
Group shot. Empty cups are GDP seeds.

Closeup of node spacing. Nice and compact so far.

Probably the nicest one from the seedlings.

Other 2. Almost as nice. They all have nice healthy stems.

Latest posts

Latest posts