What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126x3w LED tent grow

oneshot

as long as your tent is not collapsing or putting pressure on structural elements that might break because of it, you should be fine.

of course you don't want the inside of your ten rubbing all over your trichromes either :cry:

It doesn't seem to be hitting anything, I have checked clearance. I'm thinking I may just get another speed controller for my already speed controlled fan lol

The filter arrived today, going out to get bungees to better support everything.

Nothing has broken soil but I think I may have my first casualty :( I removed a little bit around the top and saw seed heads. the root looks brown and the seedling looks white. Some of the others are showing promise though.

oneshot

4/7 cups are showing seedlings above the media.

1 of them is showing the first tiny fan leaves. The other ones aren't the best coloring yet, not much green. I love this 'hobby' :jump:

Meanwhile :( I didn't anticipate 100% germination from 5+ yr old seeds. Out of 21 seeds, 21 have germinated. I had to throw these away today. I've never had a seed actually sprout leaves in germination lol. These genetics are strong as shit I guess.

I'm almost hesitant to just scrap all of the cups and do these new arrivals instead.

Also, with Ken's GDP seeds coming, I might do that as well. Decisions :(

Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have better progress.

BTW, how do I give rep out? I can't give rep to anyone's posts :(

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
can't do it... it would look like this *********

that's cool, i wonder if its the same genetics that Federation Seeds had?

oneshot

can't do it... it would look like this *********

that's cool, i wonder if its the same genetics that Federation Seeds had?

Not sure.

COTTON CANDY was obtained by crossing a variety with higher genetic potential from South Africa, the POWER PLANT, with one of our best mothers, LAVENDER (SUPERSKUNK – BIG SKUNK KOREAN – AFGHANI HAWAIIAN).

Meanwhile....this thing was such a **** to install by myself. Can 33.

All cups have broken the top of the media. Getting the clone today as well :)

oneshot

is the insulated ducting working in terms on sound reduction?

good luck!

It helped a good amount. The tent is fairly silent unless you put your ear up to the door. If you know it's in the closet, you can definitely listen for it. The carbon filter I added today seemed to help slightly. I think the Blackstar LED is making more noise.

One of my cats decided to explore the exhaust end of the tube when I had it all dismantled today. I found him about 2' up the tube purring.

oneshot

Update for 3-2.

Trimmed out 3 plants the other night to cut back on how many of one strain I have.

Group shot:

Best looking one out of the bunch so far:

Rest are kind of blah lol...

Shot of the Sour Diesel clone I got.

Other than that, the humidity is still around 35-36%. How much will that affect me if I don't put a humidifier in there?

Thanks for tagging along!

oneshot

You should throw a nepeta cataria citriodora plant in there for your cat. It only seems fair. :cathug:

I buy my catnip from an organic grower in Montana. My cats get blazed off of it. He even sells bags that are ground up leaves like kief. It's awesome.

on topic though, I switched to a 24/0 cycle instead of 18/6. I added a fan in the tent to help with circulation and it did wonders for my RH. When I closed the tent up after a few mins of staring at the plants :) the RH % went up 3 points. Hoping it evens out around 40%!

I also got some Pro-Tekt Dyna-Grow silica and KoolBloom liquid for flower. Started 8ml/gal Floranova last water.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Looks like a pretty well thought out setup. Ive always been curious about LEDs, so Im tunin in. cheers

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ordered the GDP also. I have LED overhead with fluoro on the sides. I think the actual watts for your light is 135 or so, good light for the money.

Good luck, this looks like it will be a fun grow to watch.

oneshot

I ordered the GDP also. I have LED overhead with fluoro on the sides. I think the actual watts for your light is 135 or so, good light for the money.

Good luck, this looks like it will be a fun grow to watch.

My GDP seeds should be here next week. Excited!
I have been toying with the idea of adding 2 - 2'x2 T5 fixtures for the sides but I am not at that stage yet.

Thanks ! :tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You would like the results of adding the T5's, I think. PL-L's are great for that, too. I like them so well that I have just about been keeping AHSupply in business just off the 55w kits. Hell, I've even been thinking about adding some in the bathroom!

oneshot

You would like the results of adding the T5's, I think. PL-L's are great for that, too. I like them so well that I have just about been keeping AHSupply in business just off the 55w kits. Hell, I've even been thinking about adding some in the bathroom!

Yeah, I would only go PL-L if I did end up putting a fixture in. I'll take a look at their kit. The local hydro store doesn't even have PL-L lights :/

The plants really seem to be loving the 8ml/gal Floranova. The growth overnight was easily noticeable even at this stage. :jump:

Megas

I believe I read the fans have been upgraded in 2012 (or so I read), do you have a new one? Do they still sound like a small plane in your driveway?

oneshot

I believe I read the fans have been upgraded in 2012 (or so I read), do you have a new one? Do they still sound like a small plane in your driveway?

I believe it's a 2012 model. They aren't that loud but I really have nothing to compare it against :(

Megas

I believe it's a 2012 model. They aren't that loud but I really have nothing to compare it against :(

Lets say it was in a closer/ wardobe type thing can you hear it?
If it was next to your head would you be able to sleep? (the fans not the bright lights)

Latest posts

Latest posts