What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1200w sgs auto S.o.g grow

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Can deff see how some are looking better than others and how some are going to be finished a good few weeks b4 the others... beautiful grow mate

Sandnut

Thanks bro, yeah naturally they range from 60/65 to 75days between the strains and thats not counting phenos and if they are delayed somewhat by deffs

What do you guys think about harvesting in 2 seperate occasions ? First top buds and then popcorn and side branches later on so they can pack more weight & get somewhat dense

Here you have pics of the deficiency i was talking about, 2-3 plants have shown this. I might add that everything looked perfect before pk1314 was introduced, but i have been giving them really low doses to start with! canna charts say 15ml+ for light feed per 10L and i've been giving them 2ml and upped to 4ml last time. ph level is stable at 6.5.

Is this cal/mag def or excessive p ? fungus? I took a closer look with a lupe and i cant see any signs of insects or eggs/shiny slime, or anything like that.

picture.php

picture.php

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Top cola harvesting is a great method :) I use it all the time when the bottom nugs and deff go a little longer.. can help you on that deficiency sorry bro.. your ph seems to be spot on so what i was gonna suggest might be nute lock out looks to be off the table at this time..

if it is only a select few that are showing it id be more inclined to believe you may have some plants that are very sensitive to nute change and/or dont like the P/k raised this early

Sandnut

Thanks bro! I think might go with that depending on how ripe the top buds look, its a crowded SOG so there will be alot of popcorn too

About the deficiency,

Im very glad because i just found out what this is, and i've been having this problem some times earlier on and its been a real pain in the ass because i haven't been able to figure it out!!

It's fungal gnat larvae. ( i could be wrong on the specific type of larvae but im pretty sure) I can see them moving in the soil of the particular plants that are showing these signs, they are about 1mm & white, not on the top layer but on the bottom holes of the pot thats why they have been so hard to spot cause i actually looked for these as i desperately wanted to rule everything out. These things feed of the plants roots making it harder for the plant to uptake nutrients, this is what is causing them to show deficiency signs

Im just going to have to let them grow out, its too late now for me to be able to do anything, if i see any more plants infected i'll chop them early and throw the soil out.

Im so looking forward for the change to aero, it couldn't have come at a better time!!

Mr Jay

Veteran
Or you could drop a mosquito dunk into a bucket of dechlorinated water and water all of your plants with that, thereby killing the fungus gnat larva.

They don't feed on the roots unless they are rotting, so something had to go bad in the first place for them to even attempt that. I'm seeing cal/mag def in that leaf, definitely some P dep.

Sandnut

Thanks for your input. I haven't been watering them too heavy, only every 4 days and by then the medium has had time to dry out properly (not too much and nor too moist). Rhizotonic incrases root growth by breaking down older and dead roots, this might have been giving them the oportunity? im not sure, i feel like i can't pin point how this problem occured. Could just be the fact that i draw fresh air into the tent roomm and badluck. Anyway, it will be a problem of the past soon..

Im going to hit them with some epsom salts next watering, lets see how things develop. Sofar this hasn't spread any further, as far as I can see.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Have you calibrated your ph meter lately? I know you said you checked but that leaf screams ph lockout at me.

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Have you calibrated your ph meter lately? I know you said you checked but that leaf screams ph lockout at me.

I thought the exact same thing... but didnt force the issue due to him having tested it... i forgot to ask if he had calibrated it lately.. good thinking bro :)

Sandnut

Good point, but i upgraded my ph meter just before this grow so im sure its working properly. I just flushed them with ph 6.5 and 2 spoons(just abit bigger than tea size) of epsom salts per 10L. I decreased the water quantity and will be watering every 3 days instead of every 4days to avoid high humidity right after feeding to keep mold at bay at this stage. The defs hasn't spread any further from what i can tell, like i said its 2 in particular everything else is just minor.

i will be back later tonight with pics once lights are off,

just out of curiousity.... do you guys use any type of goggles to protect your eyes from the hps lights? im feeling like this would be a good investment.. I try to stay above of the lights to protect my eyes but still you feel the effect of the lights once you've spent some time in there.. if so i'd like to know what brand.

Mr Jay

Veteran
There are some grow specific glasses out there that some guys I know have been using. i can't remember the brand but I tried some out in a local shop. Put them on in the big demonstration room they had set up and it cleared up everything. Spendy, but I want some. Especially with this LED burning out my eyeballs.

Glad it's not lockout and the defs stopped spreading. Just had to ask about the meter, it was nagging me from the back of my mind.

Sandnut

No worries man you made a good evaluation, i think i found what you are talking about.

search for 'lumii growroom lenses', they are cheap and suposed to give 100% protection and as you said it clears up the hps lights so you can see them in true colours. I'm definitely going to get one of these. We need our eyes for a long time, better take care of them!

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 54

Looking good,

they are starting to really pack some weight each day now. I flushed them with 6.5ph water & epsom salts for those of you who missed it in some of the lasts posts. Two more final feedings and then i'll start the final 2 week flush. A total of 3 weeks left untill planned harvest counting today, at a total of 75~ days, depending on how things develop.

picture.php

picture.php

I wish i could reach in to remove leafs and what not but its just not possible.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shroomyshroom

Veteran
They are deff on the home stretch brother :)

I got all excited and shivers down my spine every time i read this thread :)

Sandnut

You have no idea how hard it is to snap a pic using a magnifier, maybe you do? Took me 30mins to get this two pics and still they were kinda blurry.lol I think it will do best to use to get macro bud shots where as the buds are still and not moving like in the tent

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shroomyshroom

Veteran
beautiful tric shots brother :)

how do you like your trics ? I like em some clear some cloudy and some amber... I find it helps with the paranoia when the trics range like this for me :)

Sandnut

it depends but normally i prefer them "over ripe" especially if its an indica cross, i like it when it hits you hard, for smoking after workout = relax. most autos are indica dom, so these will be bit over ripe. but if i was growing a sativa i would chop them clear/clody to enhance the sativa buzz

Sandnut

update

update

Day 59

The defs (fungus larvae) has spread and some leafs are drying up and yellow but they seem to pack weight regardless without any signs of slowing down, actually some of the most yellow are also some of the biggest. Im not really corcerned at this point, just hoping they will swell alot the next weeks. i fed them at 18ml flores & 2stsp epsom salts per 10L.

one more feeding ahead before i start the 2week flush

Resin coated pink
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shroomyshroom

Veteran
WOW there are a few plants in there that look very fat already :) my god i wish you lived in melbourne australia id be over for a beer and a cone and for deff a wiff of your room bro... looks like you are gonna have a bumper harvest and Im wishing you nothing but good karma brother.. also the pinkish purple colors are just amazing :)