What's new

11"x11" 110W Vert PLL Organic

Chloemobile

Thanks so much! Changing the light orientation must make it much easier to work on the plants and use the space more efficiently, nice change. Is the thicker scrubber doing the Job? With larger pots and no trauma. I bet your next round will be awesome.

It really did. I dont know why i didnt set it up like that in the first place lol. Honestly im not completely satisfied with my carbon scrubber - performance is 75%. If i walk by my closet in my room there is a slight odor coming from it. It could be the design though. Im considering a can 705 up in the corner its 11 and 1/2 inches so it should just fit if the flange can poke outside the cab. Ill still use the same fan because the scrubber is rated at like 23cfm or something which should be almost perfect for my 35 cfm fan. and ive been thinking along the same lines for the next run 2 liters for sure and hopefully a trauma free experience and i should easily get 10 + grams. anticipating 5-6 from each plant right now

5th

Veteran
Looks great Chloe.

Like everyones saying, once you get all the kink's worked out and have stress free plants you'll get your 10+ a plant.

The only suggestion I'd make is to use milk cartons as your containers. You can cut them to the height you want and it gives your root zone just that little more room they need.

Good lookin' regardless. :tiphat:

Oregonism

The only suggestion I'd make is to use milk cartons as your containers. You can cut them to the height you want and it gives your root zone just that little more room they need.

Good lookin' regardless. :tiphat:

Great idea 5th.....
maybe another consideration......I just bought airpot fabric and I have some white floor vapor barrier, considering sewing up my own pots.

Lots of sugar, Chloe! I was looking for a similar shape cab before I came across mine. I really wanna run a vert, but I am so damn inexperienced, that I am pondering my patience level with it, keep up the good work!

Edit: Did you ever check out Tremelo's scrubber, might be something there to tinker with, peace.

rootidec

Veteran
hi chloemobile, nice pic set :)
That setup is golden, but if I may I'd say if I were you, I would probably tweak the air flow, making it more powerful. You already say you're not completely satisfied with the scrubber i.e. so start with a new fan/duct design may help in that compartment too
But then again it's just me :) I've got a humungous 15cm 300cfm fan, for 60x90x60cm height and 260W, and I think this is helping me more growing than every last watt of light. I'm in soil too as you are. But I think you make a far better use of the plls, than I do, since I keep it horiz and would like to try what you're doing.

Great job CM, looking forward to new updates!! :)

edit: you will forgive me for posting 2 pics from today here, no mean to hijack - it's just that my setup is like yours slightly scaled up.

*sorry for the long post pal - little high afternoon, tonight I work shift eheh

Chloemobile

Your plants look beautiful as usual root! I encourage you to show off here!! I like the weight your plants put on. I have a 70w hps I may try to incorporate when I get my fan and scrubber back.

I've already actually asked my buddy for my old fan and scrubber back lol. I'm waiting for him to buy one of his own. But I've already been going through designs in my head to accommodate the new setup. But I will have to push into the scrubber just because of my cab size. Im more than likely going to get a Grow lab 40 tent it has the same profile as this cab jut slightly bigger 16"x16"x 47". So I can have the fan and scrubber in the the tent and still run the plls verticals maybe add one or two :).

=D

Chloemobile

5th: that is such a great idea for my cab. I can hopefully fit 6 1/2 gallon cartons in there and really maximize the space. I don't see myself sewing my own airports though Oregonism haha I envious of your ingenuity though!

=D

TexMex McDirt

Looking good Chloemobile. Im lovin the vert PLLs. BTW... Round 3 of my cloning in the CWCCC (Chloemobile Water Cooler Cloning Chamber) was 100%, on round 4 now. Thanks again for that system saving idea!

Happy farming, stay safe!
Tex

rootidec

Veteran
Your plants look beautiful as usual root! I encourage you to show off here!! I like the weight your plants put on. I have a 70w hps I may try to incorporate when I get my fan and scrubber back.

I've already actually asked my buddy for my old fan and scrubber back lol. I'm waiting for him to buy one of his own. But I've already been going through designs in my head to accommodate the new setup. But I will have to push into the scrubber just because of my cab size. Im more than likely going to get a Grow lab 40 tent it has the same profile as this cab jut slightly bigger 16"x16"x 47". So I can have the fan and scrubber in the the tent and still run the plls verticals maybe add one or two :).

=D

Is it the 40x40x120cm? (I'm going to look it up) if so is very nice space for a vert pll :-D ! Or a 70W hps :O ... some old pics of micro setups with 70w hps are stunning, barrels of green and cubic gardens lol
thanks for the kind words pal :)

edit:

Chloemobile

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360608124.056217.jpg

Looking at something like this. The fan and filter will kill my stealth setup. I may have to get some 1/4 inch plywood and make a little box around it and then paint the plywood and the rest of the box the same color so it won look so odd but regardless it will look funny. The other way is investing in a tent that will give me adequate space but would have to spend 90 bucks. Just some ideas I'm mulling around. Maybe some of you other micro heads can see it from a different point of view. Have to scrap my. Dc blower/ DIY scrubber because its just not working as I intended. On the plus side upgrading to a "real" fan will give me the kind of airflow that I need which is missing right now. Sacrificing the stealth isn't all that bad due to the location of my cab in my walk in closet. As long as the smell is gone whatever it looks like will be adequate.

=D

5th

Veteran
Sacrificing the stealth isn't all that bad due to the location of my cab in my walk in closet. As long as the smell is gone whatever it looks like will be adequate.

We think along the same lines you and I...

Neighbour comes over, smells dope. Bad news.

Neighbour comes over and hears loud fans. Bad news.

Neighbour comes over and the only thing they think is I have ugly furniture. I can live with that.

If it's in your closet, (and don't give a fuck what it looks like) out of view you'll have this dialed with the kwickness.

You can build a padded box to put your fan in, speed controller, even build your plywood box to cover the filter. An opening in the back facing the wall obviously to let it exhaust.

Good luck, can't wait to see what ya do with the place. :tiphat:

glockdoc

although chloe it does kill ur set up, it is the more proper way for a set up..the fan sucking thru the filter opposed to pushing thru it.

Oregonism

although chloe it does kill ur set up, it is the more proper way for a set up..the fan sucking thru the filter opposed to pushing thru it.

I have heard this before, but yet, it seems to be inconclusive a bit. I asked somebody the other day about inlet static pressure vs. outlet. If this was measured, then you might be onto something.

Chloe, check out the blowers I posted from Digikey, the pressure ratings are double to 4x in comparison to your 1st blower?. I edited my 1st post on Blowers/Fans post pretty good, just a bit ago.

My only thought now is that pulling has to stay inside the cab? Especially with the blower.

rootidec

Veteran
Just my two cents, an alternative if you decide not to buy the tent or tweak your current setup.
since this is what I'd use now to build a cab of that size:

In big malls, DIY stores, there are plastic/PVC cabinets at 30-50€, even smaller than these, or kind of big rubbermaids in the neighborhoods of the GL40. They're easy to drill holes in it, the way you want, and to lightproof with some adhesive foam strip or else. And reflective Mylar to be put inside maybe.

Quality is not comparable but they are solid and versatile, and then you can get a decent fan for free with the money saved - and then some, maybe :)

c ya CM :tiphat:

Chloemobile

Looking good Chloemobile. Im lovin the vert PLLs. BTW... Round 3 of my cloning in the CWCCC (Chloemobile Water Cooler Cloning Chamber) was 100%, on round 4 now. Thanks again for that system saving idea!

Happy farming, stay safe!
Tex

Thanks Tex. I like that youve coined it with my handle in it. Im typically pretty humble and im just happy i was able to help out. Thats what this is all about to me. People doing the same thing as me and maybe someone has already done what im thinking about and can help me get there. And its a pretty interesting hobby haha

Chloemobile

I have heard this before, but yet, it seems to be inconclusive a bit. I asked somebody the other day about inlet static pressure vs. outlet. If this was measured, then you might be onto something.

Chloe, check out the blowers I posted from Digikey, the pressure ratings are double to 4x in comparison to your 1st blower?. I edited my 1st post on Blowers/Fans post pretty good, just a bit ago.

My only thought now is that pulling has to stay inside the cab? Especially with the blower.

Those fans have great static pressure. I like that you are keeping that thread updated with great info. For sure and its the best way but hard in small setups obviously. I think the flaw with my flat filter design is that the fan is only pulling directly under it so it used that carbon up pretty quick because the pressure isnt equal across the entire filter. Could mean a fan with higher CFM's would create more pressure across the flat filter if there was a sealed gap between cab and the top of the filter. i could probably tweak the design paying a little more attention to the flat filter and making sure there is a sealed gap... I think Blynx's scrubber works because of how his fan is. The intake opening is as big as his entire filter. if i applied that same concept to my fan i should only have a 3 inch cylinder of carbon.

For a scrubber less design for a blower i have been thinking about using a small container..for instance i have this small tin container that my watch came in...cut a hole the exact size of the blower exhaust for the tin to fit around and then put a small amount of ONA in it and poke holes on the top of the tin. I check my plants at least once daily making it a part of my routine to check the ONA may not be that big of a deal. takes 1 second to plop some down and mix it up. That way no resistance from the scrubber with a small blower fan still keeps me optimal - and better than where i was with the scrubber. Tex runs an ONA filter box and he never seems to have a problem with his smells. Something to consider...

Chloemobile

High friends,

My friend harvested the wappa in the 1L about a week ago and gave me some nugs off of it. It only weighed 7 grams but this was under just regular CFLs. It's not much but the nugs are really high quality looking buds. Dense and resinous and perfect color. Needs a week or so in the jar to really bring out its potential but still wonderful smoke.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360720820.923543.jpg

So I decided to chop my plant today too. Still a few white hairs but all the leaves were yellow and purple and dying. Plan on revegging it but I've never done it before so I need to read up a bit on what other people have been doing. I figured it was time I stop raping it for buds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360721089.182196.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360721105.274047.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360721131.275742.jpg

Colodial silver project

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360721223.387281.jpg

Had some bag seed from my friends schwag that I had in some paper towels. Only 3 seeds popped out of like 15. Just going grow them 12/12 from seed if I like them ill try revegging them. Should be interesting.

The pll is really doing these plants right.even the lowest buds on the other plants are growing as nice and dense and resinous and equal size to the buds higher up on the plant. Really happy with the results.

Final thought:
Some parts of my grow are hood. The fan I have setup for my drybox is one on those fabreeze carbon filter plug in fans and its just sitting in a weird position under the box because of my my plug configuration. It's the sketchiest looking shit. That's probably going to fall over tonight.

=D

Latest posts

Latest posts