What's new

11"x11" 110W Vert PLL Organic

Chloemobile

Root: I feel like mine is starting to smell like that at about day 45 of flower. They start out kind of fruity, but i just smelled the oldest and i thought to myself that it smelt really bad lol

glock: just from seeing what other people yield out of the 16 oz im predicting 6-7 grams dry. In a 2 liter i yielded about 14-15 grams so for the 1 liter guess somewhere in the middle? 10 hopefully! although i def could have gotten more out of the plant in the 2 liter - it was mistreated because it was my first grow bahaha.

I still havent put the other bulb in yet but im kind of interested to see what just the 55 w alone does. If i can get 6 plants to produce 7 grams i would be super stoked because that would be great to get that much bud off of such a low amount of watts. Would be close to getting a GPW. not that i ever really care about it that much but the thought of saving a bit more on my electric bill is pretty cool. The only thing that may suck about the single 55 watt is that it seems to take flowering a little longer But if i have a perpetual going it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I did some work in the cab cleaned it up the wires in the back and am in the process of adding a back to cover up the wires plugs and timers completely.Changed the carbon scrubber to 2 inches of carbon and its working fantastic. Temps went up in the cab two degrees from 72 to 74. i think this thing is going to look pretty good once i get it all together. Which is nice for a change because typically my work looks like i only have one hand that has three fingers on it and the only tool i own is duct tape . This one i upgrade to Gorilla Tape though. Speaking of tools I have recently discovered how amazing a heavy duty stapler is for cab tinkering. I re did my carbon scrubber with the staples and used them to tack down some wires. its my second favorite tool now next to duct tape.

Pictures in the next post.

Last edited:

Chloemobile

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358223588.289435.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358223607.653709.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358223656.604512.jpg

=D

sitzlaff

very nice. i am curious whether You reach GPW under this light and i will cheer You on about it. :) growing is not a race, and experiments (as Yours) are most welcome.

5th

Veteran
No idea how the hell I hadn't seen this until now. Looking to do something very, very similar. Great job Chloemobile, hope you keep this lil' project of yours going for a bit. :tiphat:

Oregonism

subd.....
I was posting [like a jackass]earlier asking about people using blowers on their micro-cabs and low and behold, coolio.

Looks like the results are appearing. Nice.

I couldn't see it, but do you use an internal fan to flap some breeze at the plants or just the outtake fan? Thanks. O.

Chloemobile

Soursmoker: thanks dude! Supposed to be about 2 weeks from harvesting the first one but she looks like she needs some more time. The second one is plumping up nicely though.

Sitzlaff: decided to plug in the second light. So wont be able to test my gpw for a while. I do have two plants in a second grow area that are getting some colodial silver. Trying to get some beans and I plan to run 6 plants at once 12/12 from seed- 3 in organic soil and 3 in coco Hempys with floranova bloom to compare results and see which method works best in this setup. I love experimenting and I'm glad to have people around appreciating it!

5th: all that matter is that you are here now! Thank you for checking it out. I really hope to inspire people to makes grows such as this and grow their own. My purpose is to grow enough for me and my friends so that we don't have to buy from anyone anymore and just be able to stay off the grid with some high quality smoke- And I love this hobby of tinkering,growing, experimenting and always learning.

Oregonism: I find that the blowers are the only fans that get a nice pull through the carbon scrubber and the cab. The downside is that they are a little louder then most axial fans for Cfm vs Dba. I don't think my fan Is moving enough air to create a breeze so to say but when I put my hand on the intake hole I can definitely feel the air being pulled through. I've been experimenting with fans in the cab blowing on the lights but I don't really have any small enough to fit the way I need them too so I may have to order an 80mm fan or two to do the trick. Haven't had any issues as of yet without a fan blowing some air about but I need one. Have to find one that has a enough airflow to blow some air around the lights but not so much that the blower can't handle the extra air flow so that smells aren't being pushed out of the cab. I'm actually considering upgrading to a 60 Cfm blower but its like 59 Dba which is pretty loud. We'll see though!

=D

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
yeah i know what you mean about it supposed to be done but looks like it needs more time, i think thats the one downfall to cfls/plls in low wattages. I have some clones of resin hessassin going right now and they are at 9 weeks and look like they could be chopped but it still has white pistils near the top of the bud.

Coming along nicely I see, are these pics week 5 or 6 pics? Looks great so far!

Also I saw your comment about testing a 3 v 3 run of organic soil and coco. I like the idea, but what I would do is try to find a decent mom first, then do a 6 clone run that way the results would be much more valid, also gives you a little time to grow with coco to get it dialed in like you have with soil. From seeds would work too but not as accurate since every plant starts different vs all clones being from the same mom. I'll be staying tuned in either way, Good luck!

glockdoc

Root: I feel like mine is starting to smell like that at about day 45 of flower. They start out kind of fruity, but i just smelled the oldest and i thought to myself that it smelt really bad lol

glock: just from seeing what other people yield out of the 16 oz im predicting 6-7 grams dry. In a 2 liter i yielded about 14-15 grams so for the 1 liter guess somewhere in the middle? 10 hopefully! although i def could have gotten more out of the plant in the 2 liter - it was mistreated because it was my first grow bahaha.

I still havent put the other bulb in yet but im kind of interested to see what just the 55 w alone does. If i can get 6 plants to produce 7 grams i would be super stoked because that would be great to get that much bud off of such a low amount of watts. Would be close to getting a GPW. not that i ever really care about it that much but the thought of saving a bit more on my electric bill is pretty cool. The only thing that may suck about the single 55 watt is that it seems to take flowering a little longer But if i have a perpetual going it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I did some work in the cab cleaned it up the wires in the back and am in the process of adding a back to cover up the wires plugs and timers completely.Changed the carbon scrubber to 2 inches of carbon and its working fantastic. Temps went up in the cab two degrees from 72 to 74. i think this thing is going to look pretty good once i get it all together. Which is nice for a change because typically my work looks like i only have one hand that has three fingers on it and the only tool i own is duct tape . This one i upgrade to Gorilla Tape though. Speaking of tools I have recently discovered how amazing a heavy duty stapler is for cab tinkering. I re did my carbon scrubber with the staples and used them to tack down some wires. its my second favorite tool now next to duct tape.

Pictures in the next post.
if i was you i would do a preptual 2 l sog or even 3 liter knowing what some of ur minimum yields could be from past grows..

rootidec

Veteran
nice pics last update! :)
hey, they are big!! looked smaller in last pic, quite. fine results for the space!
I read you say two weeks - wonder how are the trichs? :)

Oregonism

Couple of questions again.

Lack of PLL info around in general. Any threads on IC I haven't ran across yet?

I find bulbs but never fixtures it seems. These are the 4 pin 2g11's? PLL is just phillips correct? and any thing else on 2g11 is just 22" cfl?

Another top notch boundary pusher again!

That bigger blower at 59dba's is loud! but thats a squirrel cage. I like a lil noise...... mean's its working. Im still deciding, but im about to build, so I better pick. Thanks. O.

Oregonism

Check out the PPL club in the lightinghttps://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=132787
1000 bulbs has the light bases and clips for mounting. HTH

Actually, the reason im asking is because 1000bulbs doesn't have squat and I just looked before this posting. Lots of bulbs, but nothing specifically for 2g11. Even their own search terms, 2g11 "socket" "fixture" and "holder" all take you to just bulbs.

Props on that link, I found it last night after I posted.
I will keep trying thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts