What's new

11"x11" 110W Vert PLL Organic

Chloemobile

Back at it with a new getup. Old cab was given to a friend due to a perceived security threat that ended up being not. All good now because i helped someone begin their own grow and ill have another person besides myself growing different strains to get cuts from eventually.

Bought this cabinet for 8 bucks at a thrift store. exterior is 12x12x29 and the interior is 11x11x28. Needed a little work on the back but i liked the way the door hinged was and the way the cabinet was made. I needed something that i wouldn't have to Frankenstein too much because i want it to be stealth and look normal. Its meant to run 6 1 liter plants (roughly 3.5 inches w x 10 inches high) pulling one out every 2 weeks or so. Hoping to be able to get 10-12 grams per plant. we will see if what actually happens lives up to expectations.

Lights
110W(2x55w) 4100k PLL on a Fulham 5

One broke because i wired it wrong - replacement being ordered shortly.

Ventilation
Louvered out the bottom portion of the cab for light trapping the passive intake which is a 1.5x11" rectangle. Fan is a 35 CFm blower - it has great static pressure rating. Pulling through a homemade carbon scrubber similar to the one that bLynx made for one of his small cabs.

This is my utility area.

Soil
FFOF. Perlite, Vermiculite, ammended with Vermi Compost, Biotone, Blood meal, Bone Meal, Dr.Earth Bud and Bloom,.

Will end up being a variety of strains but for now i just have Wappa.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Nice, I'll hang around and spectate! I really love these tiny cab grows, ever since seeing blynx rock the shit out of them. One day I plan on downsizing to multiple small cabs like this one, instead of one large closet grow. I'm about to give vert a try for the first time, and I expect it to be a game changer for me.

12ver

Cool Idea will be fallowing this, as I have been thinking along the same lines for a cabinet. What brand is the fan?

Chloemobile

Hush: It really does seem the most efficient way to grow for yourself is in micro growing. I dont ever plan on owning anything more than my 70W HPS in the garage. Ive never grown with any HPS above that so my opinion is biased a bit. Glad to have you along thougH!

12ver:Thanks for stopping by! Its an Orion fan i bought it from the website below - kind of cryptic navigating it
They have a 54 cfm fan i may upgrade to if this one doesnt do the job, but i suspect it should.

Orion Fan from Future Electronics

TexMex McDirt

Nice new setup. I am really interested about the PLLs, but don't have the time, money or desire to rework my CFL setup. Are you planning to cool tube or SCRoG screen around the PLLs? BTW... I think the water cooler cloning chamber is rockin. I don't want to brag on it too big yet, but once I am sure on it. Thanks man!

Happy farming!
Tex

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Nice setup ! I'm subbed :lurk:

Question: why don't you keep the base of the PLLs outside the box ? Is the place that produce the most heat and not light at all ( I read it also on another ICMAG thread and also noticed on some PLL I have around).

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
nice setup man, ill be watching!
i just got my 110w PLL setup from HTG a few days ago... I went the lazy route and ordered the already wired up fixture and everything. Just snap the lights in and good to go.
Ill be redesigning my flower cab in the coming weeks to incorporate the PLLs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool design with the PLL's!

Looking forward to seeing this cab rock!

Chloemobile

Tex: thank you. I had the same mindset as you but circumstances presented an opportunity. Plus I like to tinker and I normally don't have time but I'm in between semesters at gradschool so I'm using the time while I have it.

Cool tube doesn't seem necessary and I'm just running the SOG for now. Maybe ill vscrog after this batch ripens up. The area around the bulbs isnt hot its just the bulb itself so the leaf tips grow by it without a problem if they touch the lights they brown up a bit in that spot but its really no big deal. They are considerably cooler than regular CFLs.

Hempfield: Glad to have you along for the ride! I have them inside the cab because of the way I have my carbon scrubber setup I guess. It never occurred to me to mount the bases outside the cab but I guess one could do it. I may consider it in a modification because I don't think my carbon scrubber is working very well. My closet smells like herb =x

Soursmoker: I was considering something like that from ahsupply but I wanted to try a vertical application. But those from htg are a great deal for horizontal plls which most people use them for.

Blynx: its really great to have you along scoping out the grow!! It will be great to have your micro tuned eye keeping a look out. For your carbon filter sandwich - what is the size do you think of your layer of carbon. Mine is probably only a half inch at most and it's not doing the job. Prob going to have to redo it with a thicker layer of carbon. Just curious of the perceive effectiveness of your version.

=D

Chloemobile

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357574195.794818.jpg

Girls in the cab

=D

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blynx: its really great to have you along scoping out the grow!! It will be great to have your micro tuned eye keeping a look out. For your carbon filter sandwich - what is the size do you think of your layer of carbon. Mine is probably only a half inch at most and it's not doing the job. Prob going to have to redo it with a thicker layer of carbon. Just curious of the perceive effectiveness of your version.

=D

I built the carbon filter sandwich within a frame made of 2x4's.

The carbon layer in my filter is approximately 2" (~5cm) thick and the carbon is packed tightly.

Keep in mind that I use a ceiling style bathroom fan, mounted directly above the carbon scrubber sandwich, to move the air through the cab. It's more than powerful enough to pull air through the carbon and keep the cab nice and cool.

The scrubber on my cab works great and totally removes the odors from the cab.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
@Blynx: Not want to hijack this thread with my off-topic question, but how often do you change or reactivate the carbon on your scrubber ? Do you use any kind of pre-filter media before the carbon to avoid clogging of carbon granules by dust and other floating particles ?

5cm seems a quite thick carbon layer - does it reduce a lot the air flow ?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Blynx: Not want to hijack this thread with my off-topic question, but how often do you change or reactivate the carbon on your scrubber ? Do you use any kind of pre-filter media before the carbon to avoid clogging of carbon granules by dust and other floating particles ?

5cm seems a quite thick carbon layer - does it reduce a lot the air flow ?

Other than the carbon cloth keeping the carbon granules from falling through the hardware cloth, I don't use a pre-filter on the scrubber. I haven't changed the carbon yet since I built it and I still have no odors escaping.

The fan I use is a powerful bathroom fan, not a small computer fan. While I'm sure the air flow is reduced somewhat, there is a strong steady flow of clean air coming out the back of the fan.

This is a a nice little set up, do the leaves ever grow into the lights at all, and is this running 12/12 right now. This looks like it could help solve some space issue for my mother cab would rather do something with 2-3 55w bulbs rather then 5-6 36w bulbs. Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the good work, can't wait to see some flowering pics later.

Chloemobile

Blynx: hopefully ill get some time this weekend to Change mine around to 2 inches. Hopefully I won't need to upgrade my fan but we shall see!

Sitzlaff: thanks for checking out my grow! Hopefully we get some nice results with it

Happysloth: thanks! Sometimes the leaves touch but they usually don't even burn or anything. Yeah the cab is in 12/12 now it has one plant that is a little over halfway through flower on that's 3 weeks or so into flower and then three run plants that have been in flower for three weeks too but they were previously in a spot that was too cold so their growth is kind of stunted. Really glad I could inspire someone due to how much inspiration I've received!

Chloe

=D

Chloemobile

Updates
16oz soda bottle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357914043.167556.jpg

Salvaged plant that my friend has in my old cab in a 1 liter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357914271.645456.jpg

The 1 liter plant def has bigger buds on it. That particular clone wasn't as developed as the clone in the 16 oz container. I'm getting a decent feel for how this plant grows and what size I want the clones to be.

=D

rootidec

Veteran
Checking late m8... That's some sick setup!!!
Love how evenly buds are getting fat, head to toe, good vert show!
lighting and package 11" is lovely too, this 3d has it all chloe!!!:peacock:

I'll be watching for sure! subbed :)

Chloemobile

Root: I was just showing my friend your wappa that's as big around as the bottle its in. His jaw dropped lol. I love how stable this strain is. Seems to grow exactly the same every time.

=D

rootidec

Veteran
Root: I was just showing my friend your wappa that's as big around as the bottle its in. His jaw dropped lol. I love how stable this strain is. Seems to grow exactly the same every time.

=D

thanks man!
yeah it's been pretty consistent. Good thing every pheno I came across is bushy and fat, I guess it's the strain who's good! That one you say is pretty above wappa average :) one trait it has it's that is very stinky, nasty-stinky, like something rotten.

Latest posts

Latest posts