What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Scrog - 100% Organic - Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
So I might insulate it, I might not...I'm kind of on the fence on that one. I was going to do the outside drywall in a few weeks when I can better afrord it, but seeing as I want to get my door up tomorrow, I at least have to drywall the front, so I might do the rest....But that means I wont be able to insulate...I prolly don't really need to, just really wanted to. Next time for sure.

For the doors, I gave myself a 4ft wide x 5ft tall opening. I think because we have a very full garage as you can see, that I might make it a double door so it does not open as far if you know what I mean. I will take pics of that tomorrow for those that don't know how to light proof their doors :)

Only other thing I'm not sure on yet, is if I'm going to mount the blowers outside the cab on the top, or inside. And if I'm going to suck through the filter on the inside, or blow through it on the outside. Being in the garage, and summer, it gets warm in there, so I kind of think I might put the warm blowers outside. Will figure all that out tomorrow, and share the pics when done.

I have panda film that I'm going to cover the inside with btw. And when thats up, I'm going to put in a 4bulb 4ft t5 in there for a lil bit while the clones get used to the beer cups.

Hope I didn't post to many pics, I guess I could of went through them and took a few out. Let me know, you guys want a lot of pics or no?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Btw, the window will be covered up. And the garage is not normally that messed, but moving everything to fit this cab lol, its crazy in there haha.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, got the rest of the studs in the front, added 2x4's where the door hinges will be(door opening is about 4x5 and its a split door) and the drywall on the front. Got the hinges and door handles, still have to get the lock. Got wood for doors, plan on getting those up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Also got the ceiling up, but the bat on my phone died so I didn't get pics of the studs up above. I will take a pic from up above it tomorrow for you.

And finally, here's the clones and their roots, most are ready for beer cups just a couple stragglers yet. And a pic of the mom's. The last round of mom's are in flower right now, these are now the new moms for now.

Once the doors are up and I get it all cleaned inside, I will figure out the ducting work and cut the holes, then its panda film on the inside, and then comes the babies This is taking a bit longer than I had planned to build and get ready, but doing it the right way should be worth it, just wish I had more time in the day haha.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Clones look great! Good luck!

Clones normally look a lot better, and further along at this point, but its just water in the cloner and nothing was put on them. Usually there is a few things we do, and man does it make a difference. But yeah, they don't look to bad I guess. Next time though I do clones, they will do better and I will show how we do it.

Thanks for the views and comments, have a good one.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Clones normally look a lot better, and further along at this point, but its just water in the cloner and nothing was put on them. Usually there is a few things we do, and man does it make a difference. But yeah, they don't look to bad I guess. Next time though I do clones, they will do better and I will show how we do it.

Thanks for the views and comments, have a good one.
If that is subpar I would love to hear your recommended methods :tiphat:

"HEMPEROR"

yeh nuttin wrong with those cuts fella, if they root, they will grow. looking forward to seeing/reading more updates.:)

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
hehe, yeah they went in beer cups today, just normally with the methods we would of done if we were not out of everything, there would be a bit more roots and less time to get there. When we just do it in straight water like that and don't dip them, it takes more like 8 to 14 days in the cloner, when the other way takes more like a week and a lot more roots, all good though, 100% always with clones.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, I didn't snap any pics today, so sorry about that but I will take some tomorrow. We got the doors built today though, but I didn't put them up yet. I might redo them...Not sure yet, I didn't have enough wood to do the doors in one sheet, so its pieced together. I know it won't matter, it will still seal, and be lightproof, but I'm OCD and it kind of bothers me lol. But, it is prolly fine and most likey I will hang the doors tomorrow and cut the holes for the venting, and if all goes well get the panda film up.

I have a bunch of unused new sockets/power outlet(for the the power duh) so I might put a couple of those inside for where I would mount some fans. The blower/'s and ballast will sit on top of the cab, to keep the heat out. I was going to mount the scrubber inside, but I think I might just put that on the outside too and blow through it. Can always swap it around if it does not work as well, just trying to keep as many things that can warm up outside the cab.

And the best news for me, is that a lot of the crap in the garage(sooo not all mine) is going to go in a storage unit shortly, so I can move the cab to the other side( yay for huge metal wheels, its rolls sooo easy) right next to both the entrance to the crawl space(to draw cooler air into the cab, and into the hood) and to the garage attic(to blow all that hot air away) I think knowing that, is the highlight of my day lol.

I really wanted to get them doors up though, but one of the braces is just short and so I either have to caulk it, or get more wood and cut it better. Otherwise, I would of put the weatherstripping on and mounted them doors!

Pic updates tomorrow. Night ICMAG, may all your girls grow tonight.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Both lower intake holes cut, as well as the ceiling holes for the hood vents, and the hole for the scrubber vent. Now the scrubber vent, prolly looks funny to you. Well, for now I just have a 4" 265 blower up top 'cause the rest are in use. But I know that won't cut it, so it after cutting the 4" hole, I then cut a 6" hole around it, and using the cut out piece as an 'adapter' so to speak. Long story short, I don't want to have to cut a hole and have to clean everything up once the plants are inside, so that will make it easier when its time to swap blowers and scrubber from 4" to 6".

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
And its panda time!

btw, the door pic with the tiny pieces of weatherstripping...I put lil pieces all the way around so I could mount the doors. I still have to caulk the door a tiny bit, and put the panda on it, and the weatherstripping needs to go last. And for those that don't know, when you mount doors on the outside like this, screw a 2x4 under where the doors go and level it, so you have something level to set the doors on when you mount them. Its still on there, so I will take a pic tomorrow. Can also take a pic of the blower on top of the cab and the scrubber, as I forgot to take those pics. Also, I see I didn't take pics of the hinges, so I will add those too. Speaking of hinges, I need two more.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Heres some plant pics so this update is less boring for ya.

Some of these are the clones that will go in the cab, 1 of them is a c99 seedling(from bagseed...) and 2 are topped seedlings for elsewhere...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
And that's all the updates for today, unless I go out and take some pics that I forgot, but will prolly save the for tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will put the t5 in there with the lil plants, after I got the polly and weatherstripping on the doors, as well as light proof the lower intakes. At some point, the cab will be moved to the other side of the garage, where I can pull in cool air from the crawl space and blow it out into the attic.