What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Scrog - 100% Organic - Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Going to store to grab a couple things, then time to start building!!! I will share some pics from start to finish. I only have enough drywall for either the inside walls, or the outside walls right now. Not sure if I'm going to just drywall the outside and use my panda film on the inside, or if im going to drywall the inside, and just do the outside when i get more drywall....I'm thinking the latter, 'cause it will help keep the garage heat out and keep it more quiet.

I can draw cool air in from the crawlspace, and vent up to the attic. I'm hoping I won't have to hook up the AC but I have a decent split unit that I can use if need be.

Oh, and I'll try to remember to take a couple more pics of the SD for ya, well might as well more of the BD as well. Inside rooms, I have the moms, more rooted clones, and some in flower. And after that, I swear this thread can focus on just this scrog cab.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, after a couple more trips to the hardware store than I had planed, I'm calling it a day. Only managed to get the base done today...But it sure is sturdy

"HEMPEROR"

nice handy work MGT. this looks like its gunna be an epic setup.:)

do you have any pics of the strawberry creme tom? deffo a cut ive wanted to try for min. good luck with the rest of the build

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
nice handy work MGT. this looks like its gunna be an epic setup.:)

hehe, yeah I sure hope so. I mean, I don't have anything wrong with the current setup, but I been wanting to do a proper scrog for awhile. Ive done I think 2 in the past, one I barley filled the screen, the second one was better though, but I still flipped early. Was only like a 2x3 or 2x2 area then, and with new genetics. These, I know how these grow so like I said, I am super excited to see how this turns out. Once it's all built, and the clones start to veg and I get a new rig for the tea, I will post what put in the brew, and what goes in the promix. Though, I don't know that want to share 100% of the nutes haha, but I just might if enough ppl get in this thread.

Thanks for the comments everybody, enjoy the show, it should be a good one. :woohoo:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Not knocking the small light scrog by any means, but as some of you know once you rock a 1000w there no going back, and I could not justify more buds, that are small...So hoping scrog with 1000w will produce decent size buds. :) Only thing that may not help me this go, is to save veg time I'm doing 12 plants in there, I would really like to rock only 1 or 2 in there, get some big root space. So we will see, this is a test. If it works out well, I think I'm going to turn my other rooms into scrog rooms. I don't see it not turning out well though :) What size bulbs did you do on your scrog Hemperor? I'll check out your link in a few min here after this hash burns up

"HEMPEROR"

Not knocking the small light scrog by any means, but as some of you know once you rock a 1000w there no going back, and I could not justify more buds, that are small...So hoping scrog with 1000w will produce decent size buds. :) Only thing that may not help me this go, is to save veg time I'm doing 12 plants in there, I would really like to rock only 1 or 2 in there, get some big root space. So we will see, this is a test. If it works out well, I think I'm going to turn my other rooms into scrog rooms. I don't see it not turning out well though :) What size bulbs did you do on your scrog Hemperor? I'll check out your link in a few min here after this hash burns up

in that grow^^^ i used a 1000w and a 400w m/h last 4 weeks.
got me a gpw so was happy, not as big as your grow no doubt but im going back to bigger rooms now ive had my op.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Btw, might as well say this here now, in case someone thinks of something I havn't before the morning lol. The inside of this cab, is 4.5' by 5.5'. I don't know that I can easily reach in there to the back to tuck under the screen...

So, I'm thinking instead of a big door on a wider wall that would be touch to reach, I might make 2 doors...one on each smaller wall, because its easy to reach the middle without to much effort from those sides...

I had a lot of thought into this project over the last couple months, but never did think about being able to reach.....haha. (actualy, I did when I was going to buy a smaller light and build the cab smaller, but then I figured I have an extra 1000w ballast....)So yeah, either a big door on a long wall, maybe I could like a railing on each side inside to lean/hold on to to reach the back, or I'll have to do two doors on the smaller walls.

Outside its 6'3" x 5"3, again inside is 5'5" x 4'5" and its 8ft tall + the wheeled base it sits on top of.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
in that grow^^^ i used a 1000w and a 400w m/h last 4 weeks.
got me a gpw so was happy, not as big as your grow no doubt but im going back to bigger rooms now ive had my op.

Sounds like you reached my goal in weight. Thanks for the info. Now was that a gpw just counting the 1000w? or counting 1400w :p

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
iirc think i pulled 47 zips from that grow. sure it worked out to near enough gpw:)

not bad, yeah that's right about a gpw, not bad. Giving me hope for this one :)
missed the spot where you asked about the Strawberry Cream. I will have to dig through on my external drive and and see what I can find. It's been while though, but I can say it produced very very well. If you didn't know, Strawberry Cough, a whole lot of them were planted, best of the best was kept, and it became Strawberry Cream, hence its clone only. I have a friend a gave a cut to that still has it. I forget why we let it go, prolly just got to used to it. I get that way sometimes, but then there are plants like Blue Dream that you just can't get sick of, plus it produces very well. Can't remember if it was though cough or the cream, but iirc in a 7 gal under a 1000w all organic I think we were getting about 5-6 oz of a plant. 4-6 in the room, I wanna say it was about 3.5 x4.5 room, maybe even 3.5 x 5. And it foxtailed like mofo no matter I did.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
More rain on and off all day today, so didn't get to building the walls. But I did get some more supplies, more pics to come tomorrow. Though, I could take some pics of the girls that are going to go outside, but they are just babies from seed. I did top them last night though. They are DJ Shorts Witaker Blues.(btw, anymore grow any of his stuff that 'dont' herm out?) I did get those seed packs, and others, right from his hand from his briefcase. Got him to sign some stuff for me too haha. Not knocking his stuff(though most of what he has now is by his son I guess) because I know that the 'blueberry' stuff comes from a plant that herms like a mofo lol, is what it is I guess. Anyways, they hermed, got seeds from it so their fem....and going outside far far away from here lol.

The 2 older ones are from the last Witaker Blues(hermed, so no high hopes for these)

The other one that just poked its head out the other day, is from a really good bag of c99 from a local dispensery a couple years ago, took awhile to germ. 2 seeds in 4 oz's, only that one made it.

The other cup, with nothing poking out, is Purps.

On the bright side though, the Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel clones are going in the beer cups tonight, and get moved to the t5. So tomorrow, its wall building day, and I hope to either have the doors done or at least started. Then I can put up the panda film and get the lights and blower in.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, got the studs up(except for below and above the door opening, I have to get another stud tomorrow) and the drywall on the inside is up. Outside drywall, I hope to do tomorrow, but at least the front has to be tomorrow because I need to get some doors up yet. And the top still has to get done.

This thing is sooo sturdy already. And it ROLLS soooo easy. Well, heres some pics, well a lot of pics.