What's new

1000W 3x3 ScROG (Round 3)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hello ICMaggers,
I wanted to start a new journal for this grow.
Strains: TrainWreck, ColeTrain, LemonSkunk.
Medium: Hydroton within individual 5x5 net pots. Plants will go from EZClone to net pot.
Cloning: 46 plants in EZClone (20TW / 20CT / 6LS)
Method: Hydroponic (1) 3x3 Flood&Drain table with 35 gallon reservoir.
Technique: SOG / ScROG - Netting will be used for heavy cola support.
Nutrients: Maxi Series Gro and Bloom.
Environment: (1) 3x3 HydroHut Mini, (1) DayStar AC 6in. Hood, (2) 265cfm SquirrelCage Blowers - 1 intake for light and 1 exhaust for tent. Exhaust runs 24/7 while the intake for light is on the same timer as light. (2) static fans for inner air circulation.

Right now I am waiting on the clones to draw roots. These plants will be going straight into 12/12. I'm still unsure as to how many will fit but I'll make sure an equal number of CT's and TW's are put in place. The LS will definitely be part of the mix as those buds are simply beautiful. The LS rivals the TW in calyx size while in potting mix. Let's see what these plants can do in hydro.

Last edited:

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Getting started:

46 clones brewing for the next run.
picture.php

Here go the clones in front of the donor TW#2 plant in the front left corner behind the cloner. Those plants in the back were going to get flowered a while ago but I'm in limbo now. I cut the main stalk completely in half and took them down from 4 feet to 2 feet. The stalks are thick as hell too but I can't play games with 47 plants. Even a week veg may explode in my face so the babies will go in first.
picture.php

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
checking in, looks Great DG! Good luck on your New Run :)
Thank you localman gonna try and make this a heavy run.

hay mate got my chair ready to have some more fun. I had a ez clonner loved it.
Hey HammerHead thank you for stopping by bro. Gonna try and make this fun. I gotta thank RedSpaghetti for this one ;)

cool gotta front seat this time!
Thanks WizBerry :)

Looks great so far SDG! i'll watch ya from back here :)

cheers,
red.
Thank you RedSpaghetti I'm gonna keep it fun bro ;) It's really nice to have you guys here :)

Watched last grow, taking a seat for this one too. Your clones look great!
Thank you Calimed :)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Well ladies and gents. We have lift off. All our clones seem to have made it. Some appear like they haven't taken off but they are very tiny. They have only a couple days to catch up or I will not use them. Slow starters are not going to get a pass.

Okay here are the pics.
On the bottom we have Trainwrecks. As usual the trainwreck roots just explode in the ezclone. These are 9 days old.
In the middle we have the LemonSkunks. These are 7 days old but they're catching up nice.
On the top we have the CT's. They have always taken longer to root but I'm satisfied with their root structure. They are 8 days old.

picture.php

I know many people battle high temps in the ezclone. If you look at the temperature sticker on the side you will notice I run fairly warm. 80ish. No slime or mushy roots. (Audience stands up clapping and throwing roses on me while lighting matches ;)) LoL you can tell I;m medicated.. I just change the water everyday. It's hard work but worth the effort. I don't change the water for the first 5 days though. This time I think it's important for the water to be warm to help it root. After 5 days straight just change the water everyday..

picture.php

Here are the table plants that were supposed to get flowered not but I changed my mind because they were too big. They'll just chill for now. Gonna let their stalk get thicker and then I'll flower. You'll also noticed I chopped them lol. They were 4 feet and I bought them back down to 2 feet. I also topped every branch. This was two weeks ago and she came back strong.

picture.php

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi SirSmokeAlot, thank you for tagging up bro. This one will be fun. I'm making the new table as we speak. It'll be the same design I used for the other flood table. I don't really think they'll all fit since I'm using hydro pots but I'll at least get the best rooted cuttings..

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Okay so I'm going to take a modified cloth (a sifting screen used for keef) and fill it with a couple cups of earth worm castings and drop it in the EZClone. The roots appear healthy and it it now I want them to benefit from the microbial action of the castings. The water was replaced yesterday and it is sufficiently warm enough to harbor the bacteria we're looking to get.. By the time we transfer in a few more days the roots will be richer and ready for the fast growth I need.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Thanks for letting me know about the new grow. It looks like its going to be a great time. I think im going to try the worm castings thing also. I think the hydro store I go to has that in bottle form. What nutes are you using?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Thanks for letting me know about the new grow. It looks like its going to be a great time. I think im going to try the worm castings thing also. I think the hydro store I go to has that in bottle form. What nutes are you using?
It works really well. I only plan on using it for a few days so I'm skipping the molasses part because I really don't want sticky stuff in the ezclone. I also haven't pH'ed. I see many people don't pH their clones and I see not it really isn't necessary for rooting. I'll make sure their new home is nicely balanced though.

Septemper 24 picture. 6 hours with EWC bag.
picture.php

Squeezing EWC bag in EZClone. You can see the juice just oozing out. This bag has 6 hours in the tub.
picture.php

EWC Bag view 1
picture.php

EWC Bag view 2
picture.php

EWC Bag view 3
picture.php

I just used a zip tie and cranked it to the tightest setting. This was a 12in by 12in piece of nylon screen used for sifting keef so I'm sure no particulate will make their way to the impeller shaft.

PS. I got the idea for the EWC Tea from "richyrichy" in the "strange slime buildup on roots" thread from the infirmary.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
K here's a quick update on the EWC brew. Seem the roots really liked it..

Seems like the TrainWreck just explodes when cloned. The The LemonSlunk in the middle is catching up nicely and those are 2 days behind the TW. The CT's are 1 day behind the TW and they are also coming along nicely. We've been in the mix for 18 hours now.
picture.php

Floating EWC bag floating in the tub.
picture.php

Temps have been running excessively high but the bacteria from the castings will keep shit in check ;)
picture.php

Cannabean

wow SDG those are some nice looking plants!! :watchplant: I like the trimming/topping on them a lot!

awesome cloning success as well! I wish I was getting 100% in 9 days holy crap!!
great thread k+

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
wow SDG those are some nice looking plants!! :watchplant: I like the trimming/topping on them a lot!

awesome cloning success as well! I wish I was getting 100% in 9 days holy crap!!
great thread k+

Thank you CannaBean :). It's been a mission trying to keep those veg plants small. Their nearing a month in that flood table. I will be flowering them eventually but they will be a special bloom session cause of their size. I just trimmed and top the tallest chutes again this morning. When they do get flowered - they will resemble Margarita glasses at start :)

The cloning is scary at first but it is quite easy. The EZClone is a GREAT little cloner. It gets 'er done ;). If you need help cloning in the ez please let me know.

Latest posts

Latest posts