What's new

1000W 3x3 ScROG (Round 2)

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Oh cool.
Yes barely contact cuts to hormone and get wet quickly. Takes very lil contact. Almost less the better.
Cycle timer man. Do not mess around IMO when that is a guarentee solution to temp issues in cloner.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Oh cool.
Yes barely contact cuts to hormone and get wet quickly. Takes very lil contact. Almost less the better.
Cycle timer man. Do not mess around IMO when that is a guarentee solution to temp issues in cloner.

Hey you know I will do that. I didn't cycle because I feared the pump breaking down but it makes good sense to maintain those temps. Should I get the 1min off rigs or can I use a 15min off?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
The casting tea will help once roots pop but before that u need lower temps for stems to not get slimy mushy before roots.
U will also see a drastic gain in flower size n density using KB. Not some much with the liquid as the powdered form. Very diff npk #

I didn't see this post.. I was saved from the slimy stuff but I don't even want to take that chance. If all goes well in the near future I will invest in a chiller for sure. I'm going to cycle the cloner on a timer this time - I think it will make the difference in a more vigorous and happy plant.

Oh man I am so crazy excited with that KB, I see these results and only hope to see the same on mine. I made sure not to over do it since they say too much can kill the plants. I was even worried because I went over a bit but I corrected it by diluting some fresh water into the mix.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Cool
A $100 analog timer from hydro store. Can dial on time to seconds and frequency to min to hours. Worth every dime. No chiller needed. Pump will be fine comin on n off. Made for that. I k ow u avoided slime this time but all the work for that is avoided. U did say replacing water daily right. No more of that. Set ph and timer up correctly. Walk away. When nubbs use the ECW tea like ya learned. Easy peasy
Timer is not added power usage or heat from it like chiller. That is why I built my aero cloner cause I knew no matter what I had to have that $100 timer regardless. So I put the money into that instead and diy the rest lol
A good rule of thumb for the powdered KB is weeks 4,5,6 use 1/4, 1/2, full strength. Remember to drop base ppm to 1200, 1000, and 900 ppm accordingly. At these weeks with boosters any more nutes is in vein. Just a waste. The ladies can only use so much of that food regardless. Also by week 4 try to eliminate all magnesium additions for a smooth cure. It takes that long to break plants rations down and buds with mag in them Can be lil harsh even well flushed

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Cool
A $100 analog timer from hydro store. Can dial on time to seconds and frequency to min to hours. Worth every dime. No chiller needed. Pump will be fine comin on n off. Made for that. I k ow u avoided slime this time but all the work for that is avoided. U did say replacing water daily right. No more of that. Set ph and timer up correctly. Walk away. When nubbs use the ECW tea like ya learned. Easy peasy
Timer is not added power usage or heat from it like chiller. That is why I built my aero cloner cause I knew no matter what I had to have that $100 timer regardless. So I put the money into that instead and diy the rest lol
A good rule of thumb for the powdered KB is weeks 4,5,6 use 1/4, 1/2, full strength. Remember to drop base ppm to 1200, 1000, and 900 ppm accordingly. At these weeks with boosters any more nutes is in vein. Just a waste. The ladies can only use so much of that food regardless. Also by week 4 try to eliminate all magnesium additions for a smooth cure. It takes that long to break plants rations down and buds with mag in them Can be lil harsh even well flushed

Ok that sounds like a plan. I agree on it being worth the money for sure. I beleive in that you get what you pay for ;). I dropped the PPM's to 1200 on the .5 conversion. Though my equipment is calibrated for .7 so it made my numbers 1680 but they are the same just different conversions. I really am excited about the KB.

Now just for kicks get this one.. So I plug up my 400 Lumatek for the outside grow and my TriMeter goes crazy!!! I turn off the ballast and all is great.. Sweet lord where the fuck can I change that frequency. Where is a block of lead when you need one. I see some people on the web experiencing the same thing as well. Guess my meter sucks and here I am thinking I have quality - pfft!!

SirSmokalot

Veteran
digi ballasts are know to cause interferance. ur meter is quality. no worries. if it has to be on all the time(ballast) then only take readings at lights out and leave the trimeter off til needed. just a thought.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
digi ballasts are know to cause interferance. ur meter is quality. no worries. if it has to be on all the time(ballast) then only take readings at lights out and leave the trimeter off til needed. just a thought.

Hey SirSmokeAlot,
LoL Easy as pie.. Thanks bro.. You're absolutely right!!

Damn I had a long sleep but it was somewhat restless. I kept dreaming that the plants were calling me. Telling me "yo wakeup you gave us too much KB lol".

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Cool

Shit!!! okay here goes. I fed the KB for the first time on day 41. Basically a day from the end of week 6. Today is the official end of week 6 and tomorrow starts week 7. None of my plants are even near ready though. What I'm most concerned about is I fed the KB at 200PPM meaning I shot them with full strength. Well technically since I diluted and was -50PPM it was really 150 making it 3/4 strength. Should it have been 50PPM to start with on KB. Also I chose 1200PPM on the .5 conversion because I wanted to gradually drop the nutes. The next feed will be plain water and then I'll hit them with 1000 on the .5.

Also when you are nearing the end do you still cycle a plain water feed in there. Or do you just do straight nutes back to back? I appreciate all the advice you have given me bro. Most of my experience is book and web taught. This will technically be my 5th successful grow so with all due respect to myself I am still a noob and I really do appreciate it.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
You know I should apologize for not also stating that I meant those weeks for KB with a 8-9 week strain. Longer strains I would wait longer according to their flower time use at peak blooming weeks.
I always cycle plain water in there to avoid build up in rootzone. In coco 1 day a week. In soil every other water unless soil is amended then I only feed 1 x a week
Are u in coco again I forgot

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
You know I should apologize for not also stating that I meant those weeks for KB with a 8-9 week strain. Longer strains I would wait longer according to their flower time use at peak blooming weeks.
I always cycle plain water in there to avoid build up in rootzone. In coco 1 day a week. In soil every other water unless soil is amended then I only feed 1 x a week
Are u in coco again I forgot

No apology necessary you are a great help. I'm in potting mix. Promix BX. straight out of the bag but I'll rather be in HP which it lighter.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Pro mix is soiless right, and with added perlite can be watered daily right. I would water it like soil. Feed every other time.
If feeding in any medium daily I always flush 1x a week no matter what week.
To be honest lots of variables. Some strain just like it hot like ur CT
I run several types also at 1 time and tailored an all around system for them all. None are 100% dialed but are all happy enough to get to harvest healthy

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Pro mix is soiless right, and with added perlite can be watered daily right. I would water it like soil. Feed every other time.
If feeding in any medium daily I always flush 1x a week no matter what week.
To be honest lots of variables. Some strain just like it hot like ur CT
I run several types also at 1 time and tailored an all around system for them all. None are 100% dialed but are all happy enough to get to harvest healthy

Yes it's a soiless mix. I should have added more perlite initially to help with drainage. They dry up in about a week or so. I always water plain after a feed so I will stick to that.. Also I just checked the garden and either I'm having a blooming boom or that KB works WELL!! I'm seeing fatter calyxes just 2 days later and the lemon skunk is really thickened.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Sounds good man I know ur gonna love boosters from here out
Yeah I never used promix. Other soils like ffof roots organics n cheap shit u name it. And then on to coco. Love coco way more in a few ways and soil in it's simplicity.
I wanted my life back so automated is what I'm after. Big plants and few of them. Any way I just wanted to toss out some of my findings to ya there. I like to show what I have learned to others when I see a person who might wanna consider my advise. Thanks for the rep that was nice of ya.

Can't wait to see those fat buds up close!
Just remember to keep reading all u can and have as much fun as u can. The results will show. U are doing great. How will u cure.
Ever need info on that I can help. I got skillz

S

Sir_Nugget

Do u have any pics of ur last male actually being male? or did u just tell us it was so that we wouldnt kno u had the biggest bush in town?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Sounds good man I know ur gonna love boosters from here out
Yeah I never used promix. Other soils like ffof roots organics n cheap shit u name it. And then on to coco. Love coco way more in a few ways and soil in it's simplicity.
I wanted my life back so automated is what I'm after. Big plants and few of them. Any way I just wanted to toss out some of my findings to ya there. I like to show what I have learned to others when I see a person who might wanna consider my advise. Thanks for the rep that was nice of ya.

Can't wait to see those fat buds up close!
Just remember to keep reading all u can and have as much fun as u can. The results will show. U are doing great. How will u cure.
Ever need info on that I can help. I got skillz

I agree with you full ahead on simplicity. This has been a back breaking journey with these gals. I haven't snapped a pic but I'll take one today of my flood table right next to this finishing crop. I went ahead and killed off the G13's because they became seeded so the next grow will only be TW, CT, and LS. I'll also snap some pics today on what the colas are looking like. I've been forcing myself to open the tent only once a day for a few minutes so I can really recognize differences and I can't wait to see what I find today.. Fun is the name of this game to me. I feel like a friggin outlaw which makes it even more fun lol. No guts no friggin glory! Thank you again for your support bro!

LoL funny you mentioned curing because I've been thinking on the best way to do this. First I want the longest dry possible. I figured the longer the better. I've even read about some people leaving the leaf matter on the branches to help protect the bud from over drying. I started this journey early in the year in hopes of gaining moms and a good mature stock. All my goals have been achieved in this grow and I just want them to be the best I have personally ever smoked. Quality is the most important aspect of this grow so any advice you have on curing I will take with open ears bro.. Again thanks for everything.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Do u have any pics of ur last male actually being male? or did u just tell us it was so that we wouldnt kno u had the biggest bush in town?

LoL Hi Sir_Nugget it is nice you see you here. I'm sorry bro but HE lol had balls. I remember going in one day and hoping to see pistils and I found a tiny grape sack. So I said "ah maybe it's just a funny preflower lets move on", but the next was bigger, and bigger and I snapped. I fucking lost it bro. I cried like a bitch and chopped him at the base. I put him in a garbage bag which sat in my living room for 4 months lol. I didn't get rid of it because I felt a strong connection to that plant but yes indeed it was male. I will do a bush like that again when I hone in this op for sure. It's all pinching and LST'ing..

Damn even that remembrance has me teary eyed lol.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
K here goes the Flood table with 17 plants. Unfortunately I waited too long and allowed the plants to grow wildly. I'll clean them up tomorrow and make it more presentable.

picture.php

picture.php

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Flip flip flip flip!!! Damn bro looks ike your gonna have some trees in that tray uh?? They look healthy as fuck!!!