What's new

10 - Agrobar 720s over 6 - 4x8.5 ft rolling benches. F & D FTW

Ca++

Thanks for the pics.
The tables are interesting. It seems too simple at first, but I bet that rolls smoothly. With no need to sweep. The more I look, the more I appreciate the choices made. Have you had a spliff, and a long look at the legs though.
They good to work with?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the pics.
The tables are interesting. It seems too simple at first, but I bet that rolls smoothly. With no need to sweep. The more I look, the more I appreciate the choices made. Have you had a spliff, and a long look at the legs though.
They good to work with?
Lol you mean their height? No, that part sucks lol. As for their soundness and anchors in the ground…..i fuggin hammer drilled that all myself and my right wrist has never been the same. So i feel good about that. Do they all have 4 anchors? Fuck no, i cannot tell you the frustration of that job or how many of the anchors themselves regardless of brand bend and fuck up. Ive got two in the ground(often 3 sometimes all 4) 2in deep per leg, were good. And yes they roll like silk even full as hell. Still have to say it was all worth it. 6k us on those benches and i had to do all the labor. Took me a couple weeks..

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By pictures they look like you can chop it now...7-10 days max...3 weeks sounds bit very,very late harvest.
I think you tend to prefer your product a little less ripe than some others. Ill say the truffle can be harvested at 8 weeks but its really best at 9. The breeder takes it to 9 weeks himself. I prefer amber trichomes to just start showing up. A lot more color in the bud at 9 weeks vs 8 as well.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I think you tend to prefer your product a little less ripe than some others. Ill say the truffle can be harvested at 8 weeks but its really best at 9. The breeder takes it to 9 weeks himself. I prefer amber trichomes to just start showing up. A lot more color in the bud at 9 weeks vs 8 as well.
But its all brown all pystils curled than is something wrong, in fact I never saw that developed flower in 43 days.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But its all brown all pystils curled than is something wrong, in fact I never saw that developed flower in 43 days.
This strain looks like this every time. There are still white pistils currently. If something is wrong i dont want to be right 😆 they are huge and still swelling like crazy.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
This strain looks like this every time. There are still white pistils currently. If something is wrong i dont want to be right 😆 they are huge and still swelling like crazy.
I need that cutting...😉
Is this selected cut from seeds or OG breeder cut ?

Ca++

Hey bud. Can you clarify something for me.
10x720w lights=7200w
6 tables, 4x8.5= 204sqf, stretched out to about 250 of canopy.
250/10.75=23.25meters
7200/23.25 = 310w per meter.

310w per meter?
310/10.75=29w per foot.

Am I going wrong somewhere?
the 720 is a 4x4 light, aiming around 480w a meter. Your look to be suitably spaced. I must be harvesting the wrong numbers somewhere.

I was just picking though the number, to look how you increase the power over time. Seemingly a week at 40%, then a linear increase to 100%, over the next 3 weeks. I'm just not sure of this 310w a meter.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bud. Can you clarify something for me.
10x720w lights=7200w
6 tables, 4x8.5= 204sqf, stretched out to about 250 of canopy.
250/10.75=23.25meters
7200/23.25 = 310w per meter.

310w per meter?
310/10.75=29w per foot.

Am I going wrong somewhere?
the 720 is a 4x4 light, aiming around 480w a meter. Your look to be suitably spaced. I must be harvesting the wrong numbers somewhere.

I was just picking though the number, to look how you increase the power over time. Seemingly a week at 40%, then a linear increase to 100%, over the next 3 weeks. I'm just not sure of this 310w a meter.
Their website says they are for 4x4. But after consulting with them they said they can do 5x5 which is how they are set up for us. Not certain on watts per meter, your math looks correct. All i know is in between the lights at their maximum distance apart we still see 700+ ppfd. We just took down what again looks to be the largest yield yet. We worked with what we had for space and power. Ideally id have two more lights up, but its not in the cards, not safely anyway. And yes the total canopy measures 250 sq ft.

Last edited:

Ca++

That's interesting. I thought you would want that extra 20% you speak of. I wonder if the occasional hater realises you are luminously challenged :)
Further number crunching suggests you produce 870umol/m at the lights. 700ppfd is a low amount of loss, and when that's between the lights, it's almost like you have no loss. It might be useful to put your light meter up against another one, if you haven't already.

I have 250w of unknown bin 301 over a meter. I both calculate and measure almost 500ppfd. Though to be totally transparent, I'm using a lux meter of a model type, that has been beside a par meter. While my depreciation estimations come from manufacturers moving light up&down in fixed size tents. Wholesale observe and measure, being the only science available to me.

In any regard, your 310w a meter is an eye opener. I have to adjust my expectations based on that. My thoughts are normally that I wouldn't bother, and indeed, it's not seen very often. A soil grower in the LED bud quality thread said he is also using about 300w per meter this week. Though he can actually turn that up, he hasn't.

Meanwhile, back in the lab, I'm sweating it out, with 250 over, and 50 under, heading into week four. Where I won't be able to resist another 300w of HPS being introduced, and the 50 creeping towards 120. My self control has met it's limit

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's interesting. I thought you would want that extra 20% you speak of. I wonder if the occasional hater realises you are luminously challenged :)
Further number crunching suggests you produce 870umol/m at the lights. 700ppfd is a low amount of loss, and when that's between the lights, it's almost like you have no loss. It might be useful to put your light meter up against another one, if you haven't already.

I have 250w of unknown bin 301 over a meter. I both calculate and measure almost 500ppfd. Though to be totally transparent, I'm using a lux meter of a model type, that has been beside a par meter. While my depreciation estimations come from manufacturers moving light up&down in fixed size tents. Wholesale observe and measure, being the only science available to me.

In any regard, your 310w a meter is an eye opener. I have to adjust my expectations based on that. My thoughts are normally that I wouldn't bother, and indeed, it's not seen very often. A soil grower in the LED bud quality thread said he is also using about 300w per meter this week. Though he can actually turn that up, he hasn't.

Meanwhile, back in the lab, I'm sweating it out, with 250 over, and 50 under, heading into week four. Where I won't be able to resist another 300w of HPS being introduced, and the 50 creeping towards 120. My self control has met it's limit
Yo i do want it lol. I just cant do it. And honestly its seeming to work out well as is. I have huge buds between lights, enormous tbh. Theres little variation regarding density and size across the entire canopy. But yeah, still wish I could have addded two more but it was never gonna happen.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Updating here, we had a terrific harvest. Looks to be larger but we wont know for another day or two. Still drying right now but nearly ready. A few things to note from last run. We had our canopy lodge way too much, so were implementing a third trellis. Also, dried back a little too hard especially at the highest feed weeks. Post defoliation I felt I could have more plants per bench, so I upped it mostly to 3 plants per slab instead of 2. This should also help achieve faster drybacks so I can irrigate more often reliably without stress. Feed was slightly too high.

This is definitely the most full canopy on day 1, eager to see how this looks in 9 weeks 😎.

IMG_5693.jpeg
IMG_5694.jpeg
IMG_5695.jpeg
IMG_5696.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts