What's new

1 sqft. Challenge

Quizbal1

so this is great, i llove confined space grows, i have been growing in a rubbermaid tote with only 2 32w 3500k's and a 23w 6500k. lined it with some emergancy blanket and have 2 lst bonzai ladies in 6th week of flower. just swapped the 6500k for a new 63w 2700k cuz they were not growin fast enough.

but question...

- is using a mear 7200 lumens enough to produce a respectable nugget?

C

cork144

shit dude im going to use like a 25gal res or 4 gal pots only do like 4 to 6 plants maybe a scrog 50s to many plants for me and i figure why do small plant when i have all that space i want massive nugs i mean your going to have to wait 60 days for that first plant anyway so why not put 6 in there veg a little longer an have a pound to smoke on until your next harvest i mean if it takes you 4 months 2 for veg and 2 for flower thats 4 zips a month thats an oz a week no one smokes that much you know so i would rather reduce the plant count and make bigger plants
I love sog, thats all i can say.

12and12

12and12: i might would run that 125 for flower also i mean its like 8500 lumens right so thats equal to 4 42w i mean i know the spectrum is 6500 but put 2 42w 2700 in there to help balance and your at 12900 lumens vs 10000 i dunno just a thought

i was thinking about that and i might actually do that for some reason i thought the limit was 150 but i just looked again and its 200 for cfl so ya i will do that the thing is long and it will limit my space even more but as you mentioned i think the lumens will be needed so ya good looking out i will do that........smoka blunt......mmmm

12and12

12and12 Grow Journal

Date: 1.16.09
Genetic: Bubble Funk
Plant Age: Surfaced 1.13.09 Veg Day 3
System: Soil/CFL
Grow Medium: FoxFarm Ocean Forest,Perlite,Lime

Lighting Conditions

Lighting: 125 Watt Florescent 5000k 8120 Lumen
Distance: 4”
Cycle: 24 Hour

Environmental Conditions

Temperature: 67-75 deg F
Humidity: 40 %
Ventilation [out]: 4” inline 80 cfm On
Ventilation [in]: 6” Fan Off
Heater: small thermostat controlled 1500w
Air Conditioner:
Odour Control: Ona on hand

Water Conditions

H20 Type: RO Store Bought
Reservoir Aeration:
Reservoir Size:
Temperature:
pH in/runoff:
TDS content [PPM]:

Feeding Solution (Just RO for now)

Nutrient Solution: Fox Farms Trio on hand
Nutrient Levels:
Additives:
Additive Levels:
Foliar Feed:

Plant Health / Stats 3 Bubble Funk

Plant Height: A:1 1/2" B: 1” C: N/A
Bud Density:
Trichome Production:
Internode Spacing:

Notes:

Any suggestions to make sure my babies make it?

Group Shot

Group1169.jpg
Group11692.jpg

Plant A, B, C...?

PA.jpg
PB.jpg
PC.jpg

12and12

Good After noon!!!!

well went and checked on my babies this morning everything is looking good so far!!! the third one is above ground but doesnt look nearly as healthy as the other two...

just happened to look at the bottom of my cups and some root is peaking out of the holes on two maybe all three

they arent even over 2" yet

should i transplant soon?

nah i would wait what is the humidity like in there your log says 40 percent i would prolly put like a dome,clear bag,clear cup or something to get the humidity up at least for the next week and a half two weeks then start to gradually introduce them to the 40% just my opinion and they have only been in there for what 3 days there is no way they have used that root space what i would do get that humidity up with a dome(or whatever else you can find that will suffice) and once you start to harden off then transplant and start give them some nutes a low dose of course and i see your running R/O water are you just i would add some cal-mag to that if your not already i had to learn that the hard way

Last edited:
Ok guys i said we wouldn't start till the 15th of February but the hell with it lets get this show on the road it would be cool if you guys would post your setup your method of growing and all that fun stuff i popped my seeds today so ill be posting pics in about a week or two

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crap I'm still working on the cab. 198 Watts in a mini fridge. Mixed CFL. As soon as I can get pics to upload I will post some build pics. Still have ventilation and soil bed to work out. I don't know if I'll be able to get mothers ready to clone in time, I might have to go from seed. ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. If I do I'll be using an untested cross of mine.

guys hold on we have plenty of time no rush i havent even put my seeds into the ground yet then i have to pick a mother veg it clone it and then flower really no rush

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, I thought we had to start by the 15 of Feb. If you've got time for that then I should have plenty of time for my mothers to finish reveging.

guanito

I'm going to start all over again too.
I picked out 4 beans from a bag of bagseed into which I absentmindedly threw 3 White Label sativa beans. I hope I got'em. They were the darkest ones in there.

Setup: 150 hps
12x12 = 4 beans in a 5 qt pot. guess i'll try to make some budsicles a la Dr Bud, only supercropped. If they're sativas i then I might have a problem. we shall see..

sweet i went to lowe's and got a new veg lamp today 65 watt cfl shit is so bright i have 14 seedlings and im revegin a CH9 flower and it seems to be recovering pretty quickly i hope to be flowering something by feb 15 which was suppose to be the start date i think we are going to end it on may 1st hows that sound to you guys cause some folks have longer flowering strains and what not plus that will give everyone till the end of feb to start flowering and could the folks participating please say hey im doing the challenge so we kinda have an idea of who is going to get in on this thanks guys

monk

Last edited:

freakinbud

Man .. I want in this too.. but you should have another thread started.. outlining a list of rules and a list of people in the challenge at least. You have to sift throught this thread to make any sense of it, there is so much bs.

here is my cab .. 7.5w x 16h x 18l .(all in inches)

51589497405244320d.jpg

Last edited:

guanito

OM - sounds good! how'd you like that CH9 Flower? I just ordered a couple packs of CH9 mixed indica. Looked like a great deal, and I like to be surprised by the different strains inside. Always very exciting!

freakinbud - looks good! welcome aboard.

I don't think I can participate in the official challenge because my cab's flowering chamber is 3 sq. ft.

Last edited:
yea i dunno about the CH9 its worked out kinda weird i flowered my mom and it was alright wasn't great weed you know a little better than beasters but here is the weird part i flowered the clones from the mom and they were great no where near the yield of the mom but it made up for it in potency im reveging the dankest plant but i dont know if it was to much N during the flowering of the mom than made her not as potent i dunno but for now im still on the fence i need to get one more run with them oh and the pic in my first post is CH9

Last edited:

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm officially in. New cab is so close I can smell the bud already. All I have left is the intake port. Wish I could get some damn pics to upload.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
O.M, you should let people in other parts of this forum know as well so we can get a couple more grows going. I don't see a whole lot of competition here.

Latest posts

Latest posts