What's new

1 sqft. Challenge

guanito

1 sq ft is rediculous.
how about 3 sq ft instead (18x24)?
some of us can't just build another box. we only have one box and have shit going on in there already. micro grow, cfl, hid, doesn't matter. you can place more bulbs around strategically w/cfl, but w.hid there's only one. so it balances out imo. contest should start from 12/12 seed or clone.
let's get this show on the road! lol

:muahaha:

i'd like to enter this 1 1/2 gal pot w/3 little godbuds in it, put under 12/12 yesterday. it certainly takes up less than half of my 3 sq ft!

:laughing:

Last edited:
B

badugi

guanito said:
1 sq ft is rediculous.
how about 3 sq ft instead (18x24)?
some of us can't just build another box. we only have one box and have shit going on in there already.
So don't enter the challenge / contest.

How about:

1 sq ft is rediculous [sic].

How about 120 sq ft instead (12x10)?

Some of us can't just build a box. We have a room and have shit going on in there already.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Heres the cab I'm using but I have to wait on some clones I want to give rapid rooters a go this week and I should be ready in 2-3 weeks

guanito

see? people need to start at different times. veg, no veg, doesn't matter. a grow's a grow. just do the best you can for 12/12 time. you perpetual harvest guys should love this. but in those cases i would use a 56 day window to measure harvest (56-63 days). actually maybe more. a la dr. greengenes style. i only have three little old plants to offer.

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

so can we have some clarification of what the final acceptable variables are

please :)

guanito

just flower something in 1 sq ft 90 days start to finish. 150 watt maximum.
your start date must be clearly declared.
wet and dry weights to be documented.
:dueling:

Last edited:
thanks for large response i have been busy with all this holiday shit and haven't been able to get up here so heres kinda what if come up with its pretty basic....... i mean come on why would anyone cheat i hope we are better people than that and since we are all winners(free dank ass weed) i dont see the need for ridiculously detail and long rules as for the start date im thinking we might push it to mid feb you know i still have plants that wont be done till at least the 19th of jan maybe even the 30th
ok well let me know what you guys think and maybe start posting pic of cabs so we can kinda get rolling

RULES

Lighting:
CFL:200 watt max
HID:150 watt max
Spectrum any including UVB lamps

Cab:
Under 1.5 sqft
Hight Max is 3 1/2ft
Must have all sides top and bottom and may not be transparent

Method of Growing:
Any as long as its one time veg and one time harvest
Clone or Seed either is fine

M

mrred

why 1.5sqft? thats a odd number why not 1 sqft like the title says?
I cant even figure out how to do the math to make a cab like that
14.6969x14.6969=1.4999921500694444sqft which leaves me to a disadvantage
and 14.7 is bigger than 1.5sqft
can i make a cab 1.49 sqft x3.5 and lay it on its side?

Last edited:
people come on 1.5 sqft is the max your cab can be that dosent mean it has to be that big this is a friendly challenge stop with all the ridiculous shit mrred no you cannot lay it on its side

M

mrred

ok i might build one when i get home if i got the wood laying arond, but i recommend yo edit yor first post and replace it with the rules

dabbler

Day 22 of my 1sq ft challenge! - It vegged a bit longer than I wanted but I think I might be ok.
It's a ghetto box, costing less than £25 thrown together in a couple of hours.
An 85 watt bulb and a pc fan in an old skinny kitchen cupboard. I've used a combination of LST and supercropping to get the level-ish canopy.
Here's a peek...

I've not grown her indoor before and I seem to remember a lot more trichs when it was outside in the summer but she still looks healthy enough and it is early days yet. If she's half as potent as the oudoor stuff, then I'll be a happy man. It's orange bud crossed with white widow and a real treat to smoke

and a closer look...

and a couple of her in the box, lights on and off...

The only thing is that it is lookin possibly overfilled - I may have to do some pruning - what do you guys think? I've tried tucking the offending fan leaves under the canopy but the next time I look more bud sites are being shaded than before! mmm what to do.....

guanito

Balls!

Balls!

woke up this morning and had to chop this guy.
my 1 sq ft is shrinking!

:cuss:

only 2/3rds left!

:rasta:

hows it going guys looking good so far i guess were starting a little earlier but hey that cool good to see enthusiasm thought i would give to guys a tour of my cab i just harvested a few plants got like an oz not my best but its ok its free weed

the cab

the flower chamber

electrical on the back

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for another technical question but I would like to mix cfl s and hps so what would my wattage limit be? I was thinking 175 maybe?

Latest posts

Latest posts