What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compact SOG with CFL's

sogdog

simple gardener said:
Incorrect, 1 month is the standard.
Back in the day on OG, so many growers were engaging in friendly competition to see who had the best grow. Everyone knew that 1 month was the standard so, due to lazyness, they dropped '/month' from their grams/watt numbers, and eventually the newbs thought they weren't factoring time at all, and the plot was lost completely and threads like this one started to spring up all over the show.
It looks like "swivelneck" is back.Why don't you post a link to your grow and show us how it's done? If your results are sooooo much better, then all of us will abandon this thread and call it a scam. I smell a "troller". :bashhead:

Haggis123

eLiguL said:
You know ive been following this thread and it just strikes me as to why so many of you people choose to post insisting that Dr.Bud is a liar. If you truly believe what he has accomplished is not real why bother post in here at all??

You have the option of not clicking into the thread but you choose to come in and detract from the thread. He is not asking anyone in here to believe him, he is just offering guidance to those who ask for it. Someone who offers guidance and nothing in return is a positive member of the community. Others who choose to offer nothing to the community and discredit those that give...... well you can decide for yourself what they are.

Id just like to thank Dr.Bud for taking the time to answer all the questions in his thread. Your a valued member of ICMAG. :headbange

"Here, Here", not a truer word said... :headbange :headbange
Some peeps just love to try and stir it up, I take the Doc on his word and value the advice he is giving out.. :joint:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Geisha seeds are here............

Geisha seeds are here............

Thanks for the show of support guys................
And I must be doing something right..........my TESTER's seeds arrived from H3ad Seeds today.....

:canabis: :canabis: :canabis: Geisha :canabis: :canabis: :canabis:
pink grapefruit pheno C99 x Orient Express

Can't wait to see how she does SOG stay tuned............
:headbange

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
what are your plans for growing from seed with the geisha? i mean, you use small containers... do you do the same with seed? as im imitating your grow to an extent, smaller containers would do me a world of good, but seed plants and small containers scare me a bit, i know it will really hurt yeild in the end. hope mine show up soon.

"Watts of light used for flowering is the standard basis for calculating the grams/watt of a particular setup."

LOL! whatever... let the illusion roll if you want.
'pay no attention to the wattage behind the curtain'

"What aren't you giving the OP over there a hard time about total wattage used for fans, etc?"

lol... um... he hasn't even harvested yet. How can efficiency be calculated without dry weight?!?

Using corrupt calculations to inflate the numbers is dishonest and would not have been allowed in the old daze on OG.

Here are good practical tips to increase yield: Grow from seed not clones. Make sure all of the lights you're running are producing BUDS instead of keeping mothers alive or rooting clones.

I've said my say. And no I'm not Swivelneck.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Well i have chosen to believe what doc says! I did two from clone under a 1khps when this thread first started. One yielded 7grams the other yielded 9grams both dry. I'm not the best grower and i can accomplish getting a 1/2 zip with two clones then im sure a good grower could get a lb with 27 clones! We'll all get a chance to see as soon as i feel like my mothers are bushy enough to take a couple of clones from each. I'm thinking of just doing 100 clones because this will be my first SOG and dont want to make too much work for myself. With a couple of other people doing the same type of SOG the doc has showed us there will be an ample amount of proof for you non believers.

sogdog

simple gardener said:
"Watts of light used for flowering is the standard basis for calculating the grams/watt of a particular setup."

LOL! whatever... let the illusion roll if you want.
'pay no attention to the wattage behind the curtain'

"What aren't you giving the OP over there a hard time about total wattage used for fans, etc?"

lol... um... he hasn't even harvested yet. How can efficiency be calculated without dry weight?!?

Using corrupt calculations to inflate the numbers is dishonest and would not have been allowed in the old daze on OG.

Here are good practical tips to increase yield: Grow from seed not clones. Make sure all of the lights you're running are producing BUDS instead of keeping mothers alive or rooting clones.

I've said my say. And no I'm not Swivelneck.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen when it comes to growing.The only real crop I've ever achieved was outside.When you say to grow from seed and use all lights for bud not moms/clones.Is that really any more efficient? So now you are weighing seeds with your bud and calling it efficient?Like I said above,post a link to your fabulous grow and show us all the way instead of shitting in Dr.Buds thread.I,ve read threads about seed only systems.I'm here instead of there(seed only threads).Show us your gpm with full documentation and quit shitting here.I realize that moms/clones take an extra cab,everyone here knows that already.It's time to shit or get off the pot! AGAIN,where is your thread at?Please, no more of your "Dr.bud is scamming you" bullsh@t. I'm waiting. :wave:

lol... I leave and you try to lure me back? lol.

I'm lucky enough to be able to grow outdoors, so the Doc's indoor grow beats mine by default lol.

"So now you are weighing seeds with your bud and calling it efficient?"

You make enough seeds with your first harvest to last you 2-3 years (you can still make primo hash from the buds). After about a year it becomes more than obvious that you have grown more buds (seedless) than you ever could with clones. Seeds finish quicker and yield more than clones.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
simple gardener, most of what you're saying is flat out wrong, why don't you take your fantasy world to some other thread and stop trying to start shit here.

NOBODY includes the watts from fans and shit in their gpw measurements.
Seeds finish quicker and yield more than clones. <<< FALSE, seed plants are all different, with clones you can learn exactly what they need and how they best produce. Plus, clones are mature the second they root, and they can be put directly into flowering.

How do you figure he hasn't harvested yet? This is a fine tuned setup, and the fact that you can't see that shows that you don't have the growing experience to appreciate it.

Haggis123

I agree with Bounty.

Mate, you are talking completely out your - :spank:

Plants grown from seed, generally do not finish quicker than clones....unless you are doing 12/12 from seed.

You normally have to allow the plant grown from seed to mature before switching to 12/12 for flowering.

A clone plant is as old as the plant you have cut the clone from, and once it has established a root system (1-2 weeks) you can then induce flowering.
Yes, that method will show a reduced yield compared with a plant grown from seed that has had 4-6 weeks of veg time but if you also allowed the clone plant to veg for 4-6 weeks the yield would be comparable to the plant grown from seed.

It seems fairly obvious to me and all the other posters, since you appeared in this thread....that you are more than likely some "spotty teenager" that has read a grow bible and is currently dreaming about growing....but can't, as you more than likely still live with mummy and daddy and they would hit the roof if you even as much as smoked a spliff in your bedroom.

Now come on, lets see your fabulous grow and your fabulous yields you talk of.

:bashhead: :headbange :bashhead:

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
simple gardener said:
lol... I leave and you try to lure me back? lol.

I'm lucky enough to be able to grow outdoors, so the Doc's indoor grow beats mine by default lol.

"So now you are weighing seeds with your bud and calling it efficient?"

You make enough seeds with your first harvest to last you 2-3 years (you can still make primo hash from the buds). After about a year it becomes more than obvious that you have grown more buds (seedless) than you ever could with clones. Seeds finish quicker and yield more than clones.

:fsu: ...

But wont a mature clone ( alternating nodes) produce better buds?
and are you talking about 12/12 from seed?! cause they can grow pretty tall, and the Dr. does have limited space......

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
nothing a pair of scissors, or some lst can't remedy... you guys needa start thinking outside that tight little box... hehe :joint:

LOL! Baseless character assasination is the surest sign that you have no argument left (nor a sense of humour). I've posted nothing but the truth and cast not a single direct insult at anyone, and I think the lurkers have seen that. just maybe, some of the smarter ones will say hey, this guy's got a point, and that will be enough for me.

Ok i swear this is my last post lol... i'll leave the last word and robe of righteousness to the Doc or whoever.

PS: haggis that was weak mate :jerkit:

PPS: y'all have smoked away your math skills. it's that indica I just know it :nanana:

edit: bush master they only get tall because you started them under fluoros. when you start them under your one strong flowering light, they will stay short and compact.

bounty29: "How do you figure he hasn't harvested yet?"

wakey wakey! you're not paying attention. we're talking about another thread altogether...

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
simple gardener said:
LOL! Baseless character assasination is the surest sign that you have no argument left (nor a sense of humour). I've posted nothing but the truth and cast not a single direct insult at anyone, and I think the lurkers have seen that. just maybe, some of the smarter ones will say hey, this guy's got a point, and that will be enough for me.

Ok i swear this is my last post lol... i'll leave the last word and robe of righteousness to the Doc or whoever.

PPS: y'all have smoked away your math skills. it's that indica I just know it :nanana:

edit: bush master they only get tall because you started them under fluoros. when you start them under your one strong flowering light, they will stay short and compact.

Thanks for contributing... peace :wave:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I was a lurker, and when I saw you spouting off your incorrect claims and info I felt I had to post so that other lurkers didn't fall for your bs. DrBud has an amazing grow, why do you feel the urge to try and discredit it? You could probably learn a whole lot from this grow style and setup.

DrBud - Sorry to clutter your thread, keep up the good work!:rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
simple gardener said:

Normally I teach Botany....but I can sub some Math ...

Try these #'s on for size...........

2'x4' grow space=8 sq ft

430 Watt Son Agro

3-24 plant units = 72 plants

Strains: DJ's Blueberry,S.S.S.C.'s M48...Both 8 week finishers

72 / 8 = 9 plants per week

35-60 grams DRIED per plant

We will go low and use 35 grams as our BASE #

35 Grams Per Plant X 9 plants HARVESTED per week = 315 Grams Per Week

315 grams x 4 weeks = 1260 Grams Per Month

1260 / 430 = 2.93 Grams Per Watt

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.......... I forgot the fan !

430 Watt for light and ......

20 watts for circulation fan

80 watts for Exhaust

So...........

Now

1260 grams per Month

530 watts of power

1260 / 530 = 2.37 Grams per watt

Now what Doooood?
those are my OG #'s same Guy /same Handle
Always been DrBud........

Now for REAL #'s
Cost per gram is the REAL tell of a GOOD grower.......Hold on tight here goes some REAL usable #'s
530 watts per hour X 12 = 6360 Watts per day

6360 x 60 days to finish = 381,600 watt hours

38,1600 watt Hours /1000 = 381.6 Kw total used on grow
381.6 x 6 cents(cost per Kw avg.)= $22.90 (Cost per 60 days of grow)

So now take our Grams.........

$22.90 / 1260 = 0.018174 cents per gram

Or roughly 50 cents per OZ

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
simple gardener said:
... i'll leave the last word and robe of righteousness to the Doc or whoever.

WoW ............
a "Robe of Righteousness"

Can I get that in Gortex it rains alot here ?

Last edited:

green_grow

Veteran
i have been using your "submerge watering" method on my vegging plants and they have responded very well; faster, lusher growth. it was obvious to me from the very first watering that EVERY single root hair gets water/food with this method, whereas with "standard" top-watering, signifigant portions of the root mass may not get any moisture at all. i use pots, rather than pop bottles, and the result is quite messy, what with the lighter soil particles and perlite wanting to float up, but still well worth the effort. when it comes time to flower, i will definitely continue with this method.

sogdog

Quoted from Dr.Bud "$22.90 / 1260 = 0.018174 cents per gram

Or roughly 50 cents per OZ" Thats some killer bud that even I can afford! I love math now! :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts