What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

SkysThaLimit

Dr., i am currently trying to somewhat mimick your grow (20"x10" grow area under 137w CFL using 20oz bottles cut to 16oz). currently have 5 plants 1 week into flower with 5 more going in tomorrow and 4 more the week after (still have to sex, so hopefully will keep 3 as females each week). with that being said, what is your take on topping plants to increase yield? and are there any other techniques you personally use to increase yield for your garden? thanks.

apples

my hero!

This thread is actually how I came across ICmag (which I apparently join almost 3 years ago :?) I rembered a guy on OG that had a thread called "Soda Bottle SOG" Shit really impressed me.

anyway, thanks for the insperation.

this is genius :p... i just started a nice soon to be perpetual grow taking after this thread... i got a veg/mother box and a flowering box.. both boxes measuring up to 11" X 11.5" X 31" the flowering box has 6 26 watt cfls adding up to 10,500 lumens... might increase to eight cfl's after i get all my fans in.. one question i had for you DrBudGreengenes is what would be the recommended amount of plants to put into the flower box.. and also what could you predict be the magical # i might pull from this thing :)

if you need anymore info on my grow its located in my sig.

thx in advanced :)

Last edited:

Military

man lol Im sorry DR.BGG and I know you love to answer questions.. But MOST of these peoples' questions can be answered by themselves if they would just go to the first page of this thread...

LOOK at your info area by your post, and click FILTER.

This will ONLY show all of DR.BGG's posts and thats it.. So you can easily go through them all in about 30mins and thats like.. i think only 8pages but most of the info is there.

He explains everything about his grow and how he does everything. He mentions how many plants he puts in per square foot and how many should be put in a square foot, lumens per sqr foot, watts per sqr foot, and so on

Do a little reading people...especially the -50 posters... I know this is a HELPFUL VERY HELPFUL forum, and I myself help people everyday with CAB designs and shit like that and air flow, But I mean
EVERY IS POSTING THE SAME FUCKING QUESTIONS!!!!

Come on people :p Let the guy breath a little :p

Last edited:

ripOG

Military said:

If they are the same questions then they shouldn't be very hard to answer, right? :smile:

Haggis123

Military said:
man lol Im sorry DR.BGG and I know you love to answer questions.. But MOST of these peoples' questions can be answered by themselves if they would just go to the first page of this thread...

This will ONLY show all of DR.BGG's posts and thats it.. So you can easily go through them all in about 30mins and thats like.. i think only 8pages but most of the info is there.

He explains everything about his grow and how he does everything. He mentions how many plants he puts in per square foot and how many should be put in a square foot, lumens per sqr foot, watts per sqr foot, and so on

Do a little reading people...especially the -50 posters... I know this is a HELPFUL VERY HELPFUL forum, and I myself help people everyday with CAB designs and shit like that and air flow, But I mean

I agree, dude....it's great that the Doc has had such a great response to his thread but a lot of peep's asking the same "Q"s or very simillar when all the info is in the thread.

well i can understand y people ask the same questions.. this thread is 27 pages long... most people don't have that much time to read that much or maybe just to lazy :) we are reefers :D.. but im sorry for mine i just joined this forum yesterday and i'm getting used to it all... and for me this forum is like the lab in half baked.. so much ganja in so little space

Last edited:
The "Filter" button under Dr.BudGreengenes name is there for you to use it! Better yet, try the "search" feature of the forum! I agree with Military, the reason this post is 27 pages is because of repeat questions. Good luck gro'in to all. :beat-dead :spank:

Last edited:

ZoSo

I would just like to say thank you Dr.BudGreengenes for inspiring yet another person with this thread. I had previously dismissed SOG because I thought it was just for the commercial grower, but you sure proved that wrong (among other things). This method is just too damn efficient to pass up. I can't thank you enough.

sogdog

Military said:

Well folks,Do not post in this thread as everything has been explained.If you do,expect to be harrassed.I took some time to read over military's posts and found that he is just as guilty,if not more in other peoples threads.I will not post when and where.Click on military's name and choose"read all of his posts".You will see a newbie asking repetitive questions. I've been reading for 2 years here and elsewhere without signing up.I will not post any more as I'm a reader and searcher.That was my only question I had.I only signed up so I could finalize my setup and get started.I know how to add lumens per bulb.I'm not here to build my self esteem or gather reputation points.Only here to grow my own and quit paying others.God bless you for your time Dr.bud.No need to reply as I have the answer to my question.I will say that your thread here and elsewhere has totally changed my outlook and expectations forever.What you have done is unfriggen believable!You sir are my hero!I thank you for sharing your knowledge with others.Military and other critics can ignore this as I will be filtering his and any others negative responces.I recommend to others to do the same as he does not own this thread. Thank you again Dr.bud! :joint:

G

I understand wat everybody saying about the repeat questions but the answer is not so easy to see for everybody and i read the whole thread.But it's after i took a good look and did some math.So here is how i understand it.He has 2sft and 27 clones so theres 13.5 clones per square ft.ripOG i'm gona use your space for a eg. if u don't mind u have
W10.5x24.73L so 10.5x24.73=259.665/144=1.803x13.5=24.34

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I'm starting up a 250w sog, got a mom and making a box for it and clones, got to start collecting some 1/2 gal milk jugs for the pots.

I hope I can get dialed in soon!

ripOG

sogdog said:
Well folks,Do not post in this thread as everything has been explained.If you do,expect to be harrassed.I took some time to read over military's posts and found that he is just as guilty,if not more in other peoples threads.I will not post when and where.Click on military's name and choose"read all of his posts".You will see a newbie asking repetitive questions. I've been reading for 2 years here and elsewhere without signing up.I will not post any more as I'm a reader and searcher.That was my only question I had.I only signed up so I could finalize my setup and get started.I know how to add lumens per bulb.I'm not here to build my self esteem or gather reputation points.Only here to grow my own and quit paying others.God bless you for your time Dr.bud.No need to reply as I have the answer to my question.I will say that your thread here and elsewhere has totally changed my outlook and expectations forever.What you have done is unfriggen believable!You sir are my hero!I thank you for sharing your knowledge with others.Military and other critics can ignore this as I will be filtering his and any others negative responces.I recommend to others to do the same as he does not own this thread. Thank you again Dr.bud! :joint:

Exactly.

Haggis123

Come on guy's....stop acting liking little kids.
We ain't saying don't post and don't ask "Q's"....just don't keep asking the same "Q's".

T

TheOneWill

What do you use to cover the other side of the bottle aka pots from getting light to stay away from the roots?

G

GDS StonerBoy

Nice pic's Doc, when you were in 1 gal containers what type of nutes did you feed and what was your feeding recipe?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
TheOneWill said:
What do you use to cover the other side of the bottle aka pots from getting light to stay away from the roots?

Nothing...........the light does not hurt anything....the Mtn. dew bottles are Green so that won't matter...But I've been using Clear bottles recently with no change in growth

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
GDS StonerBoy said:
Nice pic's Doc, when you were in 1 gal containers what type of nutes did you feed and what was your feeding recipe?

This was back in the 80's Schultz Greenhouse flowering Mix 10-60-10.
And some grows were in an organic mix of Compost perlite and wormcastings they were fed Fish Emulsion every other watering. :rasta: