What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well again that data is from work done on cherry orchards but as you said it's possible to apply similar concepts across multiple crops.

Cannabis is an annual and can make 1,000 cu ft of biomass in a season from April to October. We have no idea how much this thing can eat and I'm seeing more it's about balance of certain elements than just a single one. Try getting your silica up past 75ppm. That's where magic starts

plantingplants

Hey cat, in tess' thread you said healthy plants don't mold just from rain, which makes a lot of sense to me and as simple as it sounds, it's kind of a revelation. It's frustrating to see my flowers not fully ready but beginning to mold from one short rain. Is there anything else about this or is that pretty much it-- keep them healthy? I imagine having enough copper Is important.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well again that data is from work done on cherry orchards but as you said it's possible to apply similar concepts across multiple crops.

Cannabis is an annual and can make 1,000 cu ft of biomass in a season from April to October. We have no idea how much this thing can eat and I'm seeing more it's about balance of certain elements than just a single one. Try getting your silica up past 75ppm. That's where magic starts

Cater,

Cherries are perennials, not annuals. So where did that 20% Ca short at 10 days past half way come from?

I too see that this thing has huge consumption capacity once it is well established.

Agreed, balance. The question is what balance and for what soil/mix, etc..

It just has to do with getting correctly formed cells the first time you can't u make and remake cells if you have too much no3 and k you'll never have good tissue

Cater,

Cherries are perennials, not annuals. So where did that 20% Ca short at 10 days past half way come from?

I too see that this thing has huge consumption capacity once it is well established.

Agreed, balance. The question is what balance and for what soil/mix, etc..

Just look it up on Nova they have a database you can seafxh

Consumption starts at germination. No Ca directly touching tap root how will you get enough in after that?

You can't get Ca up in the plant without Si

Sideways

Hey cat, in tess' thread you said healthy plants don't mold just from rain, which makes a lot of sense to me and as simple as it sounds, it's kind of a revelation. It's frustrating to see my flowers not fully ready but beginning to mold from one short rain. Is there anything else about this or is that pretty much it-- keep them healthy? I imagine having enough copper Is important.

In my experience, most plants get mold from caterpillar/ bug damage. They eat and shit in the buds and mold occurs. Check your buds frequently for caterpillar signs- specific areas of dead rot, black pellets (cater shit).
Mold may be more present in wetter, more humid climates, but I think the resin makes them resilient to rain. Spinosad and BT work to control them but there will always be damage that occurs. We have cut our losses from around 25% to around 5-10% for the little buggers. I've started a couple of threads over the years and you can look them up if you think this has been your issue.
My question is: Has anyone (at least in CA) been able to keep them out. Completely? I've often thought of draping some mosquito netting over the plants at night, at least around full moons as it's said that that's when the moths lay their eggs. I have not been able to find any literature this would work.

jidoka

60% Ca using M3?

Yea. Logan...not a calcareous soil

1008161220a_HDR.jpg

Sidebranch...the tops are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.