What's new

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oakhills

Nope, those are all in the fields.

I did harvest 2 Super Silver Hash Plants, and two Blue Berry Hash Plants. Also one Ancient......I know, super early. However it triggered early, even in a 800 gallon pot. Low Ca maybe? Those plants were all IMO just entering the harvest window. Early, but I got to fill my rooms several times.

Right on, I was hoping that Ancient in the 1000 didn't get chopped! They all look really great. And thanks for the heads up on the Nutrients, I'll definately look into them.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Stellar grow, footy. You put the work in and it shows. Congrats, broski!

It's almost over and on to the next phase, which I hope also goes well for you.

Cheers!

HB.

FoothillFarming

Right on, I was hoping that Ancient in the 1000 didn't get chopped! They all look really great. And thanks for the heads up on the Nutrients, I'll definately look into them.
That AOG in the 1000 will be my last plant in the field, if everything goes to plan. Almost everything else looks more mature.

Stellar grow, footy. You put the work in and it shows. Congrats, broski!

It's almost over and on to the next phase, which I hope also goes well for you.

Cheers!

HB.

Thanks again for sticking around. Play time is over, now the real work begins. :)

FoothillFarming

Thanks Dat & Top Shelf. Almost to the finish line.

Temps have dropped major, but the sun keeps shining. No rain in the forecast for another 12 days. Just enough time to get one full round through the drying rooms, ready for another round before the rain.

I gave my plants the last feeding of the year. Just strait molasses, and I hit the AOG one last time with my rounds of Ca, Cu and Mn. Might go another round od molasses if some of the plants keep growing, but we are almost done. The cold weather finished up several plants, and it appears no more plant health issues, just harvest time. Too late to fix any bad gardening now anyways.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Stellar pictures. Last time I fed my plants molasses (unsulfered) towards the end of flower I could taste it in the smoke and it was unpleasant. I didn't think I added much either. Ever since I've been hesitant and use bare minimums. It taste so much like molasses I never thought about it being anything else but... hmm your adding it at the end, was I tripping?

FoothillFarming

I find if you harvest the next day, or before the soil can process most of the molasses, yes, you will pick up some flavor. Once the microbes take care of most of it, it just adds a subtle sweetness, that brings out the frost IMO. I try to hit them 2 weeks prior to chop. I did 1 tbl per gallon.

Also, if you are worried about it, harvest after 5pm. Plants shoot all the extra nutes, sugars ext down to the root zone around this time.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

well its going to be a bit quiet without the main attraction , i noticed on his home page he,s been warned recently several times about something .

O

Oakhills

Bummed that he was banned, he'll get back on soon though! Give him a slap on the wrist!

Well, I've been following the thread, and I made some gypsum spikes as Slownickle suggested and my flowers are in a complete resurgence. I don't know if that is good at this point or not, we will see. Caterpillar said that the window is closed if one adds Calcium mid-flower... They should be needing K, Caterpillar says. Probably true. He has much bigger plants (and light) than my plants are getting. I just know the plants seems to be responding to the Ca (gypsum+10% EWC) spikes I put into the soil beds.

I just harvested a couple HA OG plants, never done them before. I realize that I had too much N in the soil from the get go because even using Regalia as a soil drench, they were exhibiting Boytritis. Plus the flowers are very leafy. Too much N during flower causes the cell walls to burst and then the Botrytis takes a hold....None of my other plants have Botrytis yet...

I have been hitting them with P and K, as well as micros... Some of the biggest plants I have had at my small urban location....

Thank you Slownickle and Caterpillar710! And Thank you to Foothill Farms for the thread!

LostTribe

Premium user
This is very very unfortunate for everyone here as FoothillsFarmer was ready to finish up his masterful outdoor NorCal Grow for all to see and benefit from. Jeeeeeez 1000 Gallon OG? That is insane and unheard of. The dude tests his soil all the time and knows more than anyone I have talked to on the subject. Greenhouse too!

Sure hope we get to see the fruits of his labor and the test info.....

LostTribe

Premium user
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69584&pictureid=1658969&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69584&pictureid=1658970&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69584&pictureid=1658971&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Bummed that he was banned, he'll get back on soon though! Give him a slap on the wrist!

Well, I've been following the thread, and I made some gypsum spikes as Slownickle suggested and my flowers are in a complete resurgence. I don't know if that is good at this point or not, we will see. Caterpillar said that the window is closed if one adds Calcium mid-flower... They should be needing K, Caterpillar says. Probably true. He has much bigger plants (and light) than my plants are getting. I just know the plants seems to be responding to the Ca (gypsum+10% EWC) spikes I put into the soil beds.

I just harvested a couple HA OG plants, never done them before. I realize that I had too much N in the soil from the get go because even using Regalia as a soil drench, they were exhibiting Boytritis. Plus the flowers are very leafy. Too much N during flower causes the cell walls to burst and then the Botrytis takes a hold....None of my other plants have Botrytis yet...

I have been hitting them with P and K, as well as micros... Some of the biggest plants I have had at my small urban location....

Thank you Slownickle and Caterpillar710! And Thank you to Foothill Farms for the thread!

Your Angels looks legit man! I am very fond of your terraced grow it is spectacular!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are very welcome Oathill. Even Caterpillar admitted that the sap lab in Holland said that at about half way along plus 10 days in flowering, that the plant still needed to pick up 20% more of its' calcium requirement. Exactly what you are seeing.

Realize that N is the enemy of Ca. It is some 10 x faster than Ca to get picked up. This is also why a lot of you all should be thinking about amino acids instead of so much nitrate and ammonia.... Made a huge difference on Footsy place for sure.

There was nothing to admit. From the beginning I said according to nova that approximately 10 days after mid bloom the plant has translocated 80% of the total calcium it will absorb to the fruit tip. Just like anything else , then sun is 100% leaving 20% of the total for the senescence phase of blooming in which Ca is still required but what cells are there are no longer multiplying but expanding. K expands cells. That last 20% is to keep the plant metabolism functioning

It's possible to see a high response to Ca after mid bloom but if you do you know you were running real short which is real bad, really.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cater,

Everyone is seeing response, whether foliarly or on the soil. I agree, imagine how low Ca must have been to see the response that late. But as they say in the US mail service, better late than never.

You agree?

Cater,

Everyone is seeing response, whether foliarly or on the soil. I agree, imagine how low Ca must have been to see the response that late. But as they say in the US mail service, better late than never.

You agree?

Two edge sword, if you can apply foliar ca late when you were short you can put it where you need to some degree , but you can't change the tissue that wasn't formed with enough Ca in to healthy cells. It takes the correct amount from the beginning for favorable results mainly because you can't make up lost time in the grow season once a days past that's it and you're a day closer to harvesting whatever it is that is out in the field so it's best to make sure what's growing is doing so with the correct mineral nutrition from the start

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two edge sword, if you can apply foliar ca late when you were short you can put it where you need to some degree , but you can't change the tissue that wasn't formed with enough Ca in to healthy cells. It takes the correct amount from the beginning for favorable results mainly because you can't make up lost time in the grow season once a days past that's it and you're a day closer to harvesting whatever it is that is out in the field so it's best to make sure what's growing is doing so with the correct mineral nutrition from the start

Quite often many folks ask when is the best time to apply calcium after they have seen results on their trials. I always answer the same way, yesterday.

In the case that there is a visual response to applying calcium at any time, the plant is talking to you. And many times, there is little visual response until you start digging and see increased root growth compared to the rest of the crop. Often in perennials doesn't matter what you apply at the wrong time, there is no visual response. But there will be root response if you look in the case of Calcium. Brix will also increase.

So far, in every place I have worked that includes some 24 countries and in nearly every stage of EVERY crop that is growing still and not maturing, there has ALWAYS been a response to Ca. You demonstrated that with the sap data. Do you have an article or data on cannabis from these guys?

Bought me one of those electronic pH meters by the way, about to start running some experiments along side inside our soil type moisture and conductivity and brix data.

Glad to see a grower test, regardless of what stage they are in if there is good reason and experience to believe that there is going to be a positive response. The worst is when you do a lot of stuff and nothing seems to work. Versus Ca, which always works if done correctly and quantified... or in this case, spiked.

Status
Not open for further replies.